Gallatin comes to the Creekbank..........

Grunt

It wasnt luck with the flag on the punt in the 4th? It wasnt luck that the pass got batted at the line and just happen to fall in the WR bread basket? Yeah that was perfect excuetion buddy. Get real they got lucky and the refs got a pocket full of money.

The punt play is a big question mark on the high school level. When does the punter become a runner? In high school ball there is no " out of the box" for the punter. Even for a rugby punt. If the punter kicks the ball then the defensive player has to try to avoid the punter no matter if he is running. He only becomes a runner after he crosses the neutral zone. It is at the refs discretion whether or not it is a penalty if the punter is hit. It is not a cut in stone rule. There is much debate on it at the high school level. ( I looked it up last night). The call can go either way. The ball falling into the receivers hands after the tip... Yeah might have been luck. Point is, there was not one play that dictated the outcome.

Now if you are a player, then I would get back to work and put this behind you. Lots of games to be played. District championship is still up for grabs. Do not let this one game define you!!

I been just waiting for this exactly. If the refs got a pocket full of money it wasn't from TC. Gallatin and TC played the best game I have witnessed in a while.... However don't try and now go to saying it was the refs.... Cause I can sure say they failed to call the hold that Gallatins 82 had on almost every play. Pass interference on a ball that was thrown out of bounds and was uncatchable. No calls on pass interference when Gallatin had his hands pulling down on the jersey of TC's receiver as he went up for a pass... Really..... TC got its share of missed it bad calls so don't try and say it went one way..... Don't take away from either team.... That was classic hard fought Middle TN Football.... Electric

Lets not go here. I saw several holds on TC that weren't called as well. It happens almost every game. By the way the receiver in the end zone was #5 not #82. When the ball landed it was still in bounds. I had a great view.

The punt play is a big question mark on the high school level. When does the punter become a runner? In high school ball there is no " out of the box" for the punter. Even for a rugby punt. If the punter kicks the ball then the defensive player has to try to avoid the punter no matter if he is running. He only becomes a runner after he crosses the neutral zone. It is at the refs discretion whether or not it is a penalty if the punter is hit. It is not a cut in stone rule. There is much debate on it at the high school level. ( I looked it up last night). The call can go either way. The ball falling into the receivers hands after the tip... Yeah might have been luck. Point is, there was not one play that dictated the outcome.

Now if you are a player, then I would get back to work and put this behind you. Lots of games to be played. District championship is still up for grabs. Do not let this one game define you!!

great post. thanks for the rule clarification. :thumb:

just think, TC beats Gallatin with a subpar team that had to go into double OT to beat sycamore. Looks like Gallatin should have hired that creasy fellow when they had the opportunity.

Yes, I've heard Creasy can block, defend, run and throw the ball well. He could have made the difference last night. Williams is a good coach. Both schools are lucky.