Mairvul goes two Seeveer Cownty

STARSNBARS

What is the deal with that freshmen team ? Someone told me they haven't won a game. Last year I was told that was the best middle school team you guys ever had. I would have to agree in the one game I saw. What happened?[/quote/]They are missing a few kids but it really says alot about the incredible job the middle school coach does over there. His contribution to the overall pragram is very underrated.

Edited by strongx

I'm not sure Rebelwoman ... is he wanting to dissect my eye ?   "dyspeptically microscopic eye"?????!!!!!

Help us out Starz , you've always been the best of all of us in translating that fancy speak . 

Ant goona bee no hep on this 'un.....Eye cain't find hit inn my Funkk and Wagnulls orr Old Man Webstur's book eithur..... :huh:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Good one sx....

Think there has been any consideration of bringing the middle school coach over as a "guest" freshmen coach for one game to help those kids get a win?  LOL! Just kidding. I really like those freshmen coaches - and the middle school coach. He does a super job.

It has been real hard on those freshmen this year. The first game decimated many of the starters and reserves. They have just now got back most of the kids - though 2-3 key players will likely not play. A lot of unassuming kids are having to step up and play key roles which should really help that class in the long run. HVA freshmen were good - IMO. That was a tough loss. They are getting much better and I predict a big win Monday. That should cool off that hot seat. ;)

Think there has been any consideration of bringing the middle school coach over as a "guest" freshmen coach for one game to help those kids get a win?  LOL! Just kidding. I really like those freshmen coaches - and the middle school coach. He does a super job.

It has been real hard on those freshmen this year. The first game decimated many of the starters and reserves. They have just now got back most of the kids - though 2-3 key players will likely not play. A lot of unassuming kids are having to step up and play key roles which should really help that class in the long run. HVA freshmen were good - IMO. That was a tough loss. They are getting much better and I predict a big win Monday. That should cool off that hot seat. ;)

Eye'm wif ewe sx.....We haiv good coaches and MEN all tha way around......JayBird duz a good job.....

Speekin' ov coaches.......Eye've hurd Mr. Kleen haz stolt sum ov our frashman footbawlurs......Eye'll hang up and lissun...... :popcorneater:

Well no one is giving Sevier County much of a chance this Friday night, and rightfully so. With Maryville's recent history and the way they play mistake free assignment football, they are very hard to beat.  Reality tells me that the masses are correct and Maryville will win this game comfortably but that little optimistic man inside of me keeps saying "it is high school football and anything can happen." However, those anythings that can happen do not usually happen against Maryville. But as my good friends from "Little Texas" said "theres a first time for everything." Just wishful thinking

I watched Sevier County scrimmage at McCallie this year and I think Sevier can win this game.  If they play solid football with no turnovers.   I was impressed with the size of SC..  It seemed they had 10 players 6'5" or so.  Several good RB's and some good linebackers.  It will take SC believing than can actually do it.   Athletically they got the horses and size. SC needs to not get out coached (I'm not sure about the level of coaching compared to Maryville, I know Maryville is solid there) and not turn the ball over.   

I watched Sevier County scrimmage at McCallie this year and I think Sevier can win this game. If they play solid football with no turnovers. I was impressed with the size of SC.. It seemed they had 10 players 6'5" or so. Several good RB's and some good linebackers. It will take SC believing than can actually do it. Athletically they got the horses and size. SC needs to not get out coached (I'm not sure about the level of coaching compared to Maryville, I know Maryville is solid there) and not turn the ball over.

You're not the only one to think that way. Everybody I talk to says SC is loaded and if they avoid alot of turnovers, they should handle murvil.

Based on the adversity faced by the Freshman team this year, the W/L record will not count. At least that is the father to son speech. I also remind all that he coaches offense. 50 points should win. Who is the Freshman DC?..... :bored:

I watched Sevier County scrimmage at McCallie this year and I think Sevier can win this game.  If they play solid football with no turnovers.   I was impressed with the size of SC..  It seemed they had 10 players 6'5" or so.  Several good RB's and some good linebackers.  It will take SC believing than can actually do it.   Athletically they got the horses and size. SC needs to not get out coached (I'm not sure about the level of coaching compared to Maryville, I know Maryville is solid there) and not turn the ball over.   

As the week goes by I am beginning to think I do not want to attend this game. With a standing room only crowd I don't think I want to stand 4 deep at the fence, only seeing one side of the field, and watching my Red Rebels about to get their brains beat out. Anyone want to go to Alnwick on Friday night and watch some hi-flying wrassling?