Hampton At North Greene

uknoit2

Have to agree with king, Unaka probably did give the landers more than they expected but in the long run it didn't end up very close. I think Unaka has improved since then and gained some confidence. We could give Cosby and SG a run for their money. But nothing is gonna convince me that anyone besides Hampton and Cloudland will be playing for first.

Creeker  I do think you guys can play with Cosby , Oldeagle gets excited but from looking at all the scores,they just don't appear to be nearly as good as he wants them to be. Still not trying to be mean.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creeker  I do think you guys can play with Cosby , Oldeagle gets excited but from looking at all the scores,they just don't appear to be nearly as good as he wants them to be. Still not trying to be mean.

I hope we can play with them. I did go look at their schedule. Have to disagree with oldeagle. With the exception of Cloudland and Pigeon Forge everyone else they played is pretty weak.

I hope we can play with them. I did go look at their schedule. Have to disagree with oldeagle. With the exception of Cloudland and Pigeon Forge everyone else they played is pretty weak.

Just a guess ,but I think Hampton will take um to the wood shed. Now if they have a bunch of players back and they are good players, i might get surprised,

'2001, these teams are much closer than many realize....Cloudland kills J.C.---Hampton looses to em....Hampton handles Unaka----Cloudland has trouble with em (and Unaka didnt improve that much between the two games, although they are improving day by day)...Overlook Cosby and it's a big 'L'....The remainder of conf play will tell much...And IF the conf title comes down to the winner of week 10 in Roan Mtn, it'll be a DOOOOOOZY!

Very much agree. From what we've seen so far this region this season anything could happen. I still believe the Dogs are gonna turn some headed before this season is over.

Very much agree. From what we've seen so far this region this season anything could happen. I still believe the Dogs are gonna turn some headed before this season is over.

I agree Pujo, You are right on the money ole buddy.

I just try to be honest,I'm not out to hurt anyones feelings or ruffle Eagle feathers lol. I just go by whats happened, Its not a sure fire thing,but its all we have to go by. I also think Hampton has some catching up to do if they are going to beat the Landers. But thats definately not out of the question.

Just a guess ,but I think Hampton will take um to the wood shed. Now if they have a bunch of players back and they are good players, i might get surprised,

I agree. We held cosby to 18 yards. It was not a close game after halftime when our line started picking up their blitzes. I don't think all those injured players would've made any difference. We dominated the line. IMO hampton will do the same.

I just try to be honest,I'm not out to hurt anyones feelings or ruffle Eagle feathers lol. I just go by whats happened, Its not a sure fire thing,but its all we have to go by. I also think Hampton has some catching up to do if they are going to beat the Landers. But thats definately not out of the question.

Lol Yeah, I'm not out to ruffle any feathers either but sometimes it happens. Moving past all that stuff that happened years ago......I think that Hampton will improve the rest of the way through and gain some confidence back along the way. The Dogs are hopefully on a roll when they go up to Roan Mountain.

Edited by HHSDOG2001

The game with Unaka wasn't that close.  We had over 500 yards of offense.  Made a few silly mistakes and a couple of busted plays.  I think Unaka improved FROM playing us so hard and the result was a big win at Hancock. As for the JC game, we dominated the line of scrimmage. That is the Landers strength this year; the line.  There's not a weak link.

I agree that Unaka improved FROM playing the Landers...As for our outing against JC, we dominated NOTHING!

My point to the previous was that 2 or 3 teams are very close to one another at this point....IMO

Cloudland is due for a win against the DOGS, last time they beat us was 2003, (not to mention we beat em twice last yr lol) but we can still make sure it doesnt happen this yr. I believe these boys will regroup and hopefully pardon me GET SOME BALLS, dig deep and take care of businress! Bright side is there's tons of YOUNG talent on the team, many great yrs to come! The DOGS need to take it 1 game at a time, progress and become MEN! On a side note no disrespect because i kno it was yrs ago, no players or coaches are still there but i lost all respect for COSBY yrs ago.......

I think they worry too much about what us message board junkies say. In 2006, cosby kicked our butt. I shook their hands and told them they had the better team, no excuses. If we beat them well lord our best player was hurt etc etc. Sometimes you have to face reality that sometimes the other team is better. As long as you leave everything thing on the field, you're a winner. Cosby is young and they'll be right in the mix the next couple years