Hampton At North Greene

uknoit2

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being mean again,but i hink you fellers might have had the most talented players at a few positions, but I don't think you had the best player at any position. I'm sure you had the most seniors but that don't always mean anything. Dang aren't we a testy bunch this morning.

I'll agree with most of that. We had talented kids just not great football players. The most athletic kid we had played nothing but soccer til he was a JR..... Schreder was best player in the region without being the best athlete on our team. Kids dont play a lot of football in this County til they get in highschool then sometimes they dont play til their Jr's. Hard to turn em into much in 2 years other than good athletes.

Not being mean again,but i hink you fellers might have had the most talented players at a few positions, but I don't think you had the best player at any position. I'm sure you had the most seniors but that don't always mean anything. Dang aren't we a testy bunch this morning.

Don't know about the others, but I have good reason....Im at home with a touch of this ole flu crap or something...Would much rather be at work so I can pay for the Prez's new healthcare law and the slothful's entitlement programs! :angry:

I'll agree with most of that. We had talented kids just not great football players. The most athletic kid we had played nothing but soccer til he was a JR..... Schreder was best player in the region without being the best athlete on our team. Kids dont play a lot of football in this County til they get in highschool then sometimes they dont play til their Jr's. Hard to turn em into much in 2 years other than good athletes.

Now  that makes alot of sense. Cloudland has  had alot of dominating youth club and Jr High teams over the years. The one's playing highschool this season has always dominated everyone. Its a big thing in Roan Mt. Hampton on the other hand has always struggled. Its a wonder they have ever been able to compete in highschool. I do think its changeing ,Youth clubs seem to be getting better and the Jr High has improved a TON over the past 3 years.I guess thats the reason for so much optinism for the future.

Don't know about the others, but I have good reason....Im at home with a touch of this ole flu crap or something...Would much rather be at work so I can pay for the Prez's new healthcare law and the slothful's entitlement programs! :angry:

I hate politics, its just a bunch of rich wigs trying to make rules for the peasents. We are all just puppets waiting to see what they come up with next. But we really can't complain to much, Most countries care less about their people than we do. I just hope our kids are able to grow up in as good of world as we have.We've been very fortunate.

Pujo, ask your brother or any coach what the problem is today with  kids/players....I know M.L.  will tell ya that too many see momma and daddy only move to go to the mailbox to get the govt check....Kids don't have the drive they once did because they don't see it at home....Govt programs and drugs control the people...not the other way around....This healthcare law and other liberal laws are set to control and own us....Now, hopefully, back to Hampton and NG football.

Pujo, ask your brother or any coach what the problem is today with  kids/players....I know M.L.  will tell ya that too many see momma and daddy only move to go to the mailbox to get the govt check....Kids don't have the drive they once did because they don't see it at home....Govt programs and drugs control the people...not the other way around....This healthcare law and other liberal laws are set to control and own us....Now, hopefully, back to Hampton and NG football.

Its a completely different world than the one we grew up in. Away to many kids without any structure and the one's that does work hard and achieves something has to keep the others up. Seeing the problem is not the problem ,its fixing the problem thats difficult.

NG never shows to chat with us...we have to come up with something :D

I'll talk a little for N.G. They aren't Terrible. They would destroy Jellico , Pickett county , and red boiling springs , and will give all of us a decent fight for a while. They play hard and with a little more discipline than they have shown in the past. Theyre just not very good. They have a REALLY good punter, placekicker who is also their QB. S.G. let em hang around most of the game before they finally put em away in the 4th.