DB vs Tennessee High

Good question.  They tend to over rely on the run game sometimes.  I'm not trying to take anything away from King, because I'm thrilled with the way he's played so far and he did a great job against DB tonight.  Wouldn't be surprised to see a more run oriented team next year.  Henley, Mitchell, and Clark will be gone, but King and the Schuff brothers will be back.

The real answer is... our offensive coordinator tends to call plays to not lose more so than he calls them to win. When we play teams like Central and Virginia High he lets the hands go, but when we play a worthy opponent he tends to sit on our offense. And to be honest (IMO) our QBs reluctancy to share the spotlight with Mitchell doesn't help. To be honest... If I were Adam I would have an up close and personal talk with Henley given the number of times he looks him off and tucks and runs during a game. One of these days Henley will learn that Mitchell is the reason he is in the conversation and reward him accordingly. I'm only saying what EVERY Viking fan is thinking. There were no two players in db's secondary that could cover Mitchell. And Clark could have run past any one of db's defenders in one on one coverage. But our O coordinator is simply scared to fail... and that holds us back. I think he should flip his thinking and target Mitchell till they stop him. Mitchell demands the attention of two or three defenders which will open up the run for King. Anyone that has followed this team knows that if you put the ball within reach of Mitchell you have a better the 50/50 chance on him making the play regardless of the coverage. Wally is just scared to fail. That is the story of his career.  ^_^

Edited by Cap1

Don't change the subject now... I'm pissed. It's a shame these kids on both sides prepare and compete with all their heart and you have a group of bums that dictate how the game goes. On one play the db player jumped offsides so blatantly that he immediately looked up at the ref and everyone thought the play was over. The ref simply turned his head as if to say "I didn't see anything", so our QB continued the snap count and ran the play. And that's the least of the many "in your face" bad calls. I know you db fans have the Indian goggles on but even with the goggles on these calls were blinding!!! I'm just looking for one fan that thinks more of there tradition than to turn a blind eye to what happened tonight. 

cap we were penalized more check the stats when they come out, Viking 04 what did you ? hey cap if it helps you feel better we lost a whole down against sevier county, the best called game we have been in this year was at Ooltewah you didn't even know the refs were there 

Cap1, To say DB gets good calls by the refs at home is hilarious. Nobody in the tri-cities likes DB and most every ref is an alum from another high school.  DB does better on penalties when they are playing away from the Tri Cities.  Stats for the game.  TN High benefits from 2 DB turnovers.  DB had double the penalty yards.  The late hit on the TN High QB was not a good call and it was at a crucial time.  Also, Mitchell had one catch and let the game winning TD for DB go by him.  TN High did not play good enough to win.  DB gave them 2 turnovers and had key players out.  DB still won.  Hard facts don't lie, but you can cry all you like, it is your right.

First Downs: THS 15, D-B 20; Rushes-Yards: THS 38-206, D-B 43-306; Passing Yards: THS 179, D-B 188; Comp.-Att.-Int.: THS 6-10-0, D-B 15-21-1; Fumbles-Lost: THS 1-0, D-B 2-1; Penalties-Yards: THS 5-36, D-B 8-84; Punts-Average: THS 3-35, D-B 1-33

Cap1, To say DB gets good calls by the refs at home is hilarious. Nobody in the tri-cities likes DB and most every ref is an alum from another high school.  DB does better on penalties when they are playing away from the Tri Cities.  Stats for the game.  TN High benefits from 2 DB turnovers.  DB had double the penalty yards.  The late hit on the TN High QB was not a good call and it was at a crucial time.  Also, Mitchell had one catch and let the game winning TD for DB go by him.  TN High did not play good enough to win.  DB gave them 2 turnovers and had key players out.  DB still won.  Hard facts don't lie, but you can cry all you like, it is your right.

First Downs: THS 15, D-B 20; Rushes-Yards: THS 38-206, D-B 43-306; Passing Yards: THS 179, D-B 188; Comp.-Att.-Int.: THS 6-10-0, D-B 15-21-1; Fumbles-Lost: THS 1-0, D-B 2-1; Penalties-Yards: THS 5-36, D-B 8-84; Punts-Average: THS 3-35, D-B 1-33

If these stats are accurate, Cap1 doesn't have a leg to stand on.  Cap1 has never lost a game without blaming the ref's.  Also,  TEA PARTY ALL THE WAY "WE ARE GOING TO TAKE BACK AMERICA"

I'll say this first.I'm glad a Peyton Manning kind of QB wasn't playing for TH in the last couple of minutes of the game.He would have told their RB not to take the bait and score,but just get a yard or two at a time .DB would have used it's timeouts  ,TH would have at worst had another extra point type of kick{short field goal} to win the game had they not got the touchdown from point blank with little time left on the clock....2ed,the refs are consistantly bad at J.Fred,like my spelling.DB is lucky to get close to an even break at home with the refs.Great game to watch and heartbreaking for any young man to come out on the short end of these kinds of games.

Good summary of the game, penalties and turnovers kept THS in the game. Mitchell was double covered all night. Maybe the 3 INT throw last week kept a smart Payton Henley from throwing into a double and triple team. King is a good back. 

Let me just start by saying officials effect the game without throwing the penalty flag. If you don't understand this then google  replacement officials and see how many were pulled for NOT making calls. It's funny to see so many simple minded db fans come on and TRY to contribute to this conversation. It wasn't the calls that these officials made it was the ones they DIDN'T make. They did everything you could possibly do on that last drive to allow db to advance the ball down the field. I guess the QB throwing the ball while on one knee is the most "in you face" no call and in fact was the call that allowed db the opportunity to even have a chance on that drive. Then you have the official in the booth not starting the clock (one time not at all until the play had ended). Simple mistake.... please. Then you have the refs taking over 5 minutes to take seconds off the clock right before the 4th down db play that won the game allowing plenty of time to allow a scattered team to regroup. Then you have the strangler no calls like the db player on THS sidelines that got pushed down and got up and retaliated right in front of the ref. He was so much into his trash talking that he backed into the ref almost knocking him to the ground in his tirade. The stats don't tell the story! Heck I remember one time none of the officials signaled TD after a THS score (it was almost as to say "dang I can't believe they are in this game"). These things happened but they won't show up on paper and referees know this. But it is on video... I'm hoping to pull some strings and get a copy and let everyone see the story the papers or stat book won't tell. I have to say though... I'm a true believer in what goes around comes around... so from this point I think I'll let karma take care of the Tribe.  

No what we have is the playoffs and a shot at going deep in the playoffs. What you have is a ref aided 1 point win over a 5A team. Go ahead and beat your chest now because you only have 4 more games left before you turn in your pads.

I will say this ,if THS has a shot in going deep in the playoffs in 5A then, 5A is really weak. This years DB team is way down and everyone that's not living under a rock knows it. Cap you say what you want but if Casey would have been 100% the whole game DB would have won by 2 TD's. You can also run your mouth about 6a vs 5a but it doesn't hold water. I played against Bristol the whole time I was growing up and if they have a chance to run the score up on a smaller school they will. The Vikings got beat simple as that. Suck it up!

cap we were penalized more check the stats when they come out, Viking 04 what did you ? hey cap if it helps you feel better we lost a whole down against sevier county, the best called game we have been in this year was at Ooltewah you didn't even know the refs were there 

There were a few calls or lack thereof, that I believe should've went the other way, but any fan can say the same in nearly every game that's played.  I'm not gonna look back on this game thinking that anyone was robbed, but look back and think that it was a great game played down to the wire.  These losses, in my opinion hurt worse than 42-14 losses, but hopefully THS will benefit from this game. The players need to focus on Boone because they need to win that game in order to see the playoffs.

And I also don't look at it as, "You're lucky you caught DB in a down year."  NET as a whole looks down in my opinion.  Haven't seen Greeneville.  Each team has few good players, but I really haven't been impressed with any team in the area this year in regard to their chances in the playoffs.