2013 CAK at ALCOA

alcoadaddy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let Alcoa get you going.There isn't a game they ever lost where the refs were to blame.Even in games they won where the team they beat had Large Jerseys before and Double XX after the game they still cry

What in the world are you even talking about no one is trying to get anybody going. The true Alcoa fans and the True CAK fans know what this game is about. ... If you think we cry about everything then go to another thread....

No doubt CAK will score points. Can the CAK defense hold Alcoa to less points?

I can not wait to see! Should be a great game to watch!

I have been one of the most consistent worriers about the CAK defense this year, and I still worry about how they'll perform this week.  I think the CAK defense's performance will be he key to whether CAK can actually compete with Alcoa for the whole game or fade as Alcoa rides off to victory.

To their credit, CAK's defense had probably their best game of the season last week against Belfry, KY.  They held Catholic to no offensive scores but Catholic's offense is pretty bad.  Although Belfry's football tradition doesn't have nearly as many gold balls as Alcoa, they are apparently a perennial powerhouse in 3A up there with several state championships and 2nd place finishes in recent years.  And their offense was very potent and disciplined and big on the line and very fast in the backfield--very similar to what you usually see from an Alcoa team. 

I was pleasantly surprised when the CAK defense held Belfry to just 4 scores, with the final one coming with only 8 seconds left.  Hopefully the CAK D didn't empty its bucket completely with that great effort against Belfry.  They will need to have their best game of the season or close to it for CAK to have any chance to win this game.