11A and 12A basketball

BDizzle

Please.. Coin flip been around forever.. Take care of business in season then it doesn't come down to it.. CA now plays Cully in first round MTP a bye.. Cully only won 2 all year so easy game for CA plus they don't have to sit around for a week before they would play semifinal game.. Unless both teams played same schedule no way u should use overall record..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fact is the overall record is the 2nd most logical/economical way of doing it, although not necessarily the BEST way of doing it.

Your opinion is your opinion.. But overall has nothing to do with district.. So u wanna punish a team like mtp that goes to Mississippi and plays their 2013 state champs and Middleton, tn.. Playing 11a teams want make u better.. Other than ca.. If u have a decent team like this years mtp and ca.. U have to go play the big dogs..

Your opinion is your opinion.. But overall has nothing to do with district.. So u wanna punish a team like mtp that goes to Mississippi and plays their 2013 state champs and Middleton, tn.. Playing 11a teams want make u better.. Other than ca.. If u have a decent team like this years mtp and ca.. U have to go play the big dogs..

I said it wasn't the best way...I said most efficient.  I do believe football uses overall record in theirs. Schools have budgets, they can't necessarily afford to travel for "pre-tournament" games.  Like i said in my original post, it could reward teams who play weak schedules, but like YOU ALL are saying, if you take care of business it won't come down to that anyways.   

Perry County beat Summertown 69-48 last night in the first game of the District 12A Tournament. Perry County was the #5 seed and Summertown was #4. Summertown beat Perry County in Summertown 47-32. Then came to Linden and beat us 48-35. Vikings played amazing from what i heard on ihigh. Also i heard that the Vikings made 27 free throws. This team has gotten better as the year went on. They've always had a good enough defense. They just haven't found anyone to score but now they have Senior: Quentin Hudson (who had 12 points), Senior: Dalton Broadway (13 points) and 6'5 Junior: Jake Edwards (26 points 11 rebounds) all who have stepped up big time for this bunch from Linden. This is why Tournament time is so good because the unexpected always seems to happen! Linden plays Collinwood on Friday for the Semi-Finals. The scores to both games: at Collinwood, Collinwood won 69-54. In Linden, Collinwood won 62-45. The Trojans are a lot better skilled and more athletic than the Vikings but, the Vikings are clicking and they play with a lot of heart and discipline. This game could be a good one. Either way, the Vikings defied the odds by beating Summertown as bad as they did. For a bunch of kids that sat on the bench for three years and some for two, they are starting to come around and get better every game. 

Edited by PCsupporter4life

Perry County beat Summertown 69-48 last night in the first game of the District 12A Tournament. Perry County was the #5 seed and Summertown was #4. Summertown beat Perry County in Summertown 47-32. Then came to Linden and beat us 48-35. Vikings played amazing from what i heard on ihigh. Also i heard that the Vikings made 27 free throws. This team has gotten better as the year went on. They've always had a good enough defense. They just haven't found anyone to score but now they have Senior: Quentin Hudson (who had 12 points), Senior: Dalton Broadway (13 points) and 6'5 Junior: Jake Edwards (26 points 11 rebounds) all who have stepped up big time for this bunch from Linden. This is why Tournament time is so good because the unexpected always seems to happen! Linden plays Collinwood on Friday for the Semi-Finals. The scores to both games: at Collinwood, Collinwood won 67-52. In Linden, Collinwood won 62-45. The Trojans are a lot better skilled and more athletic than the Vikings but, the Vikings are clicking and they play with a lot of heart and discipline. This game could be a good one. Either way, the Vikings defied the odds by beating Summertown as bad as they did. For a bunch of kids that sat on the bench for three years and some for two, they are starting to come around and get better every game. 

You are right!! Perry County "brought it"....Summertown did not! Great job Vikings! Gotta say I'm pulling for you now. What a story and a cap to a season!

Good luck

You are right!! Perry County "brought it"....Summertown did not! Great job Vikings! Gotta say I'm pulling for you now. What a story and a cap to a season!

Good luck

The only thing i know from looking at scores, the Vikings have to slow down the tempo and be clock disciplined almost like Les Trotter did to the 2011-2012 Vikings team at home that Perry County won 25-21. That's just pretty much what the game plan needs to be.

Cwood put it on PC tonight. Now they play Loretto who they've beat twice already. Trojans should have this in the bag. Should being the key word. Anything can happen in high school basketball. I do believe Collinwood can take this though.

Collinwood may very well take the game Tuesday night but the Mustangs will give it all they have.