Science Hill vs Dobyns-Bennett

crawdad

Don't see how this should mean anything.  The reality of Maryville smoking either one of them has been there for 10 or 11 years now...you all just didn't know it.

I guess posts like this is blamed on me for some people just wanting to hate Maryville . This guy isn't a Maryville fan , never seen him before . Idiotic really , seeing as how Maryville just moved up in class 2009 

I guess posts like this is blamed on me for some people just wanting to hate Maryville . This guy isn't a Maryville fan , never seen him before . Idiotic really , seeing as how Maryville just moved up in class 2009 

I guess they will respond by saying it doesn't matter what class Maryville was in for the last 10 or 11 or 40 years.Anyway,Maryville has a great program and should be proud of not only their football program,but basketball and other sports as well.I'd like to see how most fans would act around the state if that was their program.I think most Maryville fans handle it with a lot of class,more so then I know Batman would !

Edited by BatmanDB

So let me get this straight... The Topper fans are predicting that SH will win this game and be Conference Champs, and in doing so by beating the Indians in a shoot out?

# Kingsport owns Johnson City in Football, going for 20 W's in a row in the series (all under Clark)

#Graham Clark owns Stacey Carter - Carter has never won a match up against the G Man...at South or Science Hill

#Game is at historic J Fred Johnson Stadium where the Indian fans are always out in mass and very loud (along with THE BAND) for big games

# Indians Defense has not allowed anybody to run up and down the field on them this season (74 El Grande Papa) will find McGue)

# Indians young Offense has learned how to win games when the game is on the line winning 3 games this season on their final drive

# Toppers will cheer TTKKA

Change that first K to stand for Kiss

Kingsport 24

Johnson City 20

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up

You raise some valid points.  This is the first time in my many years of following SH football that I can remember SH fans predicting a victory.  I guess it it good that those involved with and follow the program have come to expect winning.  In any case, in response to your arguments:

# Kingsport owns Johnson City in Football, going for 20 W's in a row in the series (all under Clark)

#Graham Clark owns Stacey Carter - Carter has never won a match up against the G Man...at South or Science Hill

We know.  Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

#Game is at historic J Fred Johnson Stadium where the Indian fans are always out in mass and very loud (along with THE BAND) for big games

Well...it's a baseball field with yard lines in left field.  If you remember last year at Kingsport, DB quickly pulled ahead 14-0 before SH came back and led for much of the rest of the game until the GW FG with around a minute left.  I don't think the crowd will be as much of a factor as it has been in the past.  But still, it is an away game for SH, which will give you guys an advantage.  

And SH's band will be there as will, although you guys do a brilliant job at hiding them behind the last section of visitor bleachers.  Even though I disagree with the current direction of the marching band, SH still has a top notch band program.

# Indians Defense has not allowed anybody to run up and down the field on them this season (74 El Grande Papa) will find McGue)

I'm sure that something similar was said last year about containing Reed Hayes.  I guess we'll see what happens.  McGue will need to make smart decisions with the football.

# Indians young Offense has learned how to win games when the game is on the line winning 3 games this season on their final drive

That's fine, but one of those was way back in week 0 and another was against Daniel Boone. DB has also lost one possession games against East Hamilton, Sevier County, and Ooltewah.  

# Toppers will cheer TTKKA
Change that first K to stand for Kiss

Kingsport 24
Johnson City 20

Roll Tribe Roll
Giddy Up

Is this where I'm suppose to say "fire up DB, put 'em in a teepee, burn 'em"?

Edited by voltnh

The longer a streak is in place the closer it is to ending . This year SH wins this game. Nothing against DB, just think SH healthy is a better team in 2013.

You raise some valid points. This is the first time in my many years of following SH football that I can remember SH fans predicting a victory. I guess it it good that those involved with and follow the program have come to expect winning. In any case, in response to your arguments:

We know. Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

Well...it's a baseball field with yard lines in left field. If you remember last year at Kingsport, DB quickly pulled ahead 14-0 before SH came back and led for much of the rest of the game until the GW FG with around a minute left. I don't think the crowd will be as much of a factor as it has been in the past. But still, it is an away game for SH, which will give you guys an advantage.

And SH's band will be there as will, although you guys do a brilliant job at hiding them behind the last section of visitor bleachers. Even though I disagree with the current direction of the marching band, SH still has a top notch band program.

I'm sure that something similar was said last year about containing Reed Hayes. I guess we'll see what happens. McGue will need to make smart decisions with the football.

That's fine, but one of those was way back in week 0 and another was against Daniel Boone. DB has also lost one possession games against East Hamilton, Sevier County, and Ooltewah.

Is this where I'm suppose to say "fire up DB, put 'em in a teepee, burn 'em"?

The DB win streak / SH loosing streak is already at 20 - going for 21

'95 - '12 is 18 W's plus add 2 Playoff W's

That's what I get for reading Doug Fritz ( DB reject Class '82 )

True about the 3 losses on last drive. DB could very easily be undefeated. Youth and inexperience cost them. The Indians dominated Sevier County for 3 qtrs but couldn't hold on. DB also controlled and dominated (look at stats) Ooltewah but just couldn't make the big play on offense. East Hamilton beat DB - by far the best and most talented team the Indians will play in the Regular Season this year.

# Roll Tribe Roll

The DB win streak / SH loosing streak is already at 20 - going for 21

'95 - '12 is 18 W's plus add 2 Playoff W's

That's what I get for reading Doug Fritz ( DB reject Class '82 )

True about the 3 losses on last drive. DB could very easily be undefeated. Youth and inexperience cost them. The Indians dominated Sevier County for 3 qtrs but couldn't hold on. DB also controlled and dominated (look at stats) Ooltewah but just couldn't make the big play on offense. East Hamilton beat DB - by far the best and most talented team the Indians will play in the Regular Season this year.

# Roll Tribe Roll

Agree about Fritz being an idiot, but I only know of one playoff win during the streak...1998.  What was the other one?

Otherwise, the streak currently stands at 19 games.

Edited by voltnh