Gerry Bertier's 3A Playoffs Final Predictions After Week 10

Gerry Bertier

I dunno..they were always a player in 3A until reclassification and the sit now at 8-1 and only loss is to 8-1 P-C.

So there would have to be something there?

One would think they will have a say in who goes to the Big Game from the West?

They've beat some solid run based teams like Greenbrier and White House by a couple touchdowns but they better hope they got their pass defense straightened out since they played Page or Fairview and/or CPA is gonna have a field day on them.

They've beat some solid run based teams like Greenbrier and White House by a couple touchdowns but they better hope they got their pass defense straightened out since they played Page or Fairview and/or CPA is gonna have a field day on them.

It's very impressive how well they have done after tragically losing their long time head coach and a so-so year last year. They are back in the mix where they belong and with great coaching could make a lot of noise.

I agree the LA game was bad but it was their only bad game of the year. UHS turned the ball over 4-5 times and still found a way to win in an away game against a team they hadn't beat since 1987. I think the way they handled adversity that night only made this UHS team better. And it showed the next week against a pretty good 4a team in Dekalb County.

Fair or not, UHS rep is hurt by the showing of the District 8 champs the last couple of years who had great regular seasons then got beat in the first round. I think it would be wise for every D8 team to schedule at least one traditional 3A or higher power team from another part of the state (like SC did this year with Alcoa) so they would know what to expect in the 2-4 rounds of the playoffs. Just my opinion.

I will say that was an impressive win against DC, who is a pretty good team.

Edited by sportsnerd

Fair or not, UHS rep is hurt by the showing of the District 8 champs the last couple of years who had great regular seasons then got beat in the first round. I think it would be wise for every D8 team to schedule at least one traditional 3A or higher power team from another part of the state (like SC did this year with Alcoa) so they would know what to expect in the 2-4 rounds of the playoffs. Just my opinion.

I will say that was an impressive win against DC, who is a pretty good team.

I agree, and Smith plays Alcoa, Livingston plays CAK, Dekalb plays Trousdale,Macon plays Greenbrier and Trousdale. Upperman has no non confrence power houes. But like I have said before,their last 4 year are 1-9,1-9,5-6,4-6......Now that they are more established, I see their next schedule to be stronger the year after next.

I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about this

If Grundy beat Notre Dame, Notre Dame is still runner up, and 3 seed, but Grundy would move to 6 seed and bump Sequatchie and Smith down to 7 and 8, respectively.

Now if Sequatchie were to beat Signal, that opens a can! If Notre Dame won, they would be District champs, but probably still be a 3 seed.

If Sequatchie wins and Grundy wins, Sequatchie becomes the District champ, Signal is runner up, and ND would fall to a 6 seed............ I think... That one made my head hurt.