Basketball (Chattanooga)

winning1

I'm sorry ....the level of talent here is just not top notch and I hate for parents to burn their kids growing knees out in AAU.....or become a journeyman looking for the right program....if you got "it" you got it...if you don't you won't......simple....

So you believe that a college scholarship that isn't D1 is worthless? Really?

exactly!!!!

I AGREE WHAT TYNERAMFAN HAD TO SAY AND AGREE WHAT PASSIVE AGRESSIVE HAD TO SAY ABOUT THE TIMES FREE PRESS BUT ALSO NEEDS TO ADD SIGNAL MOUNTAIN TO THE NAMES THEY FOLLOW IN SPORTS WHICH INCLUDE FOOTBALL.

POUNDERFAN1 THE PLACE SHOULD BE LOUD TUESDAY WHEN BRAINERD COMES TO THE HILL TO THE POUNDER DOME. WE OWE THEM FROM FOOTBALL. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE GAME. HAVE NOT BEEN FOR A BB GAME IN A WHILE. FOLLOWED FOOTBALL BUT NOT BB AND I LIKE COACH ROGERS. WHO KNOWS MAYBE OUR NEXT FB COACH MAY BE THERE. LETS BEAT THE REBELS OOPS I MEAN PANTHERS . SOME MAY NOT REMEMBER THAT NAME. GO POUNDERS.

Edited by Pounder1

More you talk the stupider you sound , the Owls Suck compared to what there usually do ,so no one have size or skills here, Theres 6  kids I know that has has D1 offer already, Owls Suck and your a idiot, great combo. Only good player ya have on ya team is Mike Mike and he is just to small.  

I would'nt say the Owls suck....they will beat your team convincingly....yes we have alot of skilled guards that will run your team out the gym....with a small rotation...and we dont waste our knees on AAU because we need them for the full court press that we run frequently....Hey we are just trying to represent our school and the district well.....we are not stupid and you should have named yourself WHINNING....

I AGREE WHAT TYNERAMFAN HAD TO SAY AND AGREE WHAT PASSIVE AGRESSIVE HAD TO SAY ABOUT THE TIMES FREE PRESS BUT ALSO NEEDS TO ADD SIGNAL MOUNTAIN TO THE NAMES THEY FOLLOW IN SPORTS WHICH INCLUDE FOOTBALL.

POUNDERFAN1 THE PLACE SHOULD BE LOUD TUESDAY WHEN BRAINERD COMES TO THE HILL TO THE POUNDER DOME. WE OWE THEM FROM FOOTBALL. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE GAME. HAVE NOT BEEN FOR A BB GAME IN A WHILE. FOLLOWED FOOTBALL BUT NOT BB AND I LIKE COACH ROGERS. WHO KNOWS MAYBE OUR NEXT FB COACH MAY BE THERE. LETS BEAT THE REBELS OOPS I MEAN PANTHERS . SOME MAY NOT REMEMBER THAT NAME. GO POUNDERS.

i like coach rogers too. he has alot of passion and fire for the game.i like the way the basketball program is heading but  less get pass east ridge first on friday which will be another close game just like last time. they seem to be getting hot. hope coach rogers and the young pounders don't over look them because they can beat us . but i expect to win!and if they beat east ridge on friday. the dome will be live and loud on tuesday and will be another big game for our young pounders. if we get a when next tuesday it will shake up the district standing's and it will become a three team race instead of a two team race, so lets see.

p.s the brainerd game the whole team will be back togather for the first time all see. well i hope so if nothing else happens form now to tuesday. lol you never know with these young guys....

I would'nt say the Owls suck....they will beat your team convincingly....yes we have alot of skilled guards that will run your team out the gym....with a small rotation...and we dont waste our knees on AAU because we need them for the full court press that we run frequently....Hey we are just trying to represent our school and the district well.....we are not stupid and you should have named yourself WHINNING....

this Owls team is not near has good has in the past and They can't beat Boyd, Tyner , Central Brainerd, will have trouble with two Cleveland teams, Bradley Central and Walker Valley , and heck Cleveland can beat them. I would not be Surprise if they loss the last 3 of there last 6 games and finish up around 11-8 this year, thats not bad for the Talent they have on the floor. Hopefully they read this and win all six of there last games that would be nice because I have and always will be an Owls Fan. You shouldn't name yourself PASSIVE cause if you was the Owls would have been better this year if ya was passive.

You sound like a disgruntled parent.....are you really "winning"???? The best coach in this city is the Tyner coach.....The best player in this city is the kid from East Ham.....its guards everywhere that can do what Nate Robinson can do......but rarely go to the next level....guards are 6'4 at the next level....but centers are 6'2-6'4  in Chatt....get my drift....Name the 6 kids who have d1 offers sir.....

In Chattanooga ,Sydik Spence has D1 Offer Sir.

this Owls team is not near has good has in the past and They can't beat Boyd, Tyner , Central Brainerd, will have trouble with two Cleveland teams, Bradley Central and Walker Valley , and heck Cleveland can beat them. I would not be Surprise if they loss the last 3 of there last 6 games and finish up around 11-8 this year, thats not bad for the Talent they have on the floor. Hopefully they read this and win all six of there last games that would be nice because I have and always will be an Owls Fan. You shouldn't name yourself PASSIVE cause if you was the Owls would have been better this year if ya was passive.

ok Whinning....I realy don't care...no dog in the hunt but a long time supporter of the Owls....They will win more games than your team...and always have a good season....they don't whine...and have chemistry.....because they are not journeymen.....born with beaks....#goOwls

As I read many of these post it seems as if the concern is who is D1 and who isn't. Fact is there are very few D1 players in the Chattanooga area but we have a lot of players that can obtain a scholarship on D2 NAIA JUCO levels. It also doesn't start in the high school as far as competition level goes. There are TOO many watered down middle school Coaches and programs in the area and that's where AAU becomes a major plus in building our high school programs. For 1 some middle school teams are done before Christmas and if they don't play AAU then they don't see the court til the following October. That is not enough time for development and that's the Major problem in the Chattanooga Area.

As I read many of these post it seems as if the concern is who is D1 and who isn't. Fact is there are very few D1 players in the Chattanooga area but we have a lot of players that can obtain a scholarship on D2 NAIA JUCO levels. It also doesn't start in the high school as far as competition level goes. There are TOO many watered down middle school Coaches and programs in the area and that's where AAU becomes a major plus in building our high school programs. For 1 some middle school teams are done before Christmas and if they don't play AAU then they don't see the court til the following October. That is not enough time for development and that's the Major problem in the Chattanooga Area.

AAU in this area is a joke!!!#buddybuddysystem #watereddown...

Out of the 36 or so posts on this thread, you sir, are by far the smartest guy in Chattanooga. You just summed up the whole state.