Basketball (Chattanooga)

winning1

Ok this week pics are Owls beat Bradley Central,  East Ham beats Cleveland but Raiders can win close one thou, Hixson beat Grace,Copper Basin beats Silverdale,Chattanooga central beat Howard by 15 or more  Who does Red Bank play.

Owls you let me down again,ya are just to inconsistent, Pounder pull the game out for me out for me, EH made me right again, 

Man, High school basketball needs a shot clock so bad ,to many times the best team don't win because there is no Shot clock, Baylor won't win a game if we had a shot clock, most boring team I ever seen play. It will provide the better players a better understanding of clock management ,for college.It takes quick thinking creativity out of most high school games. I seen team get up by 2 and run out a whole half passing the ball around final score was 24 to 22, crazy.

Man, High school basketball needs a shot clock so bad ,to many times the best team don't win because there is no Shot clock, Baylor won't win a game if we had a shot clock, most boring team I ever seen play. It will provide the better players a better understanding of clock management ,for college.It takes quick thinking creativity out of most high school games. I seen team get up by 2 and run out a whole half passing the ball around final score was 24 to 22, crazy.

In some ways I agree, but then again if you can't adjust to something as stupid as the spread 4 corners, and force your pace then do you really deserve to win? It usually doesn't even work. The teams that can usually do it best are small fast teams that can handle the ball well. They are not usually the teams that try it, at least not for any length of time.

So far Central has not impressed me...maybe they will get it together after the half..Pounders had a slight lead 4 minutes into the 2nd quarter but at the half it's Howard-32, Central-26

Well Central got by and got the Job done without there leader, it would be like Howard without JoJo. I think if Central can control there Turnovers they will be scary, Long will be back there next game against Boyd. Good luck to ya today against Howard wish I could make it ,Please send us the final when you get off the court. you know what you have to do to win.

I've not kept up with Howard over the last couple of years but have they "fell" off that hard and don't have a competitive team anymore? Does McGary still coach them?

Yes, "Moose" is still the coach, however, they lost a bunch from last year and they are young. They should be okay next year..they actually need to rebuild instead of reloading this year but should be a better team in February.

Big game this week to determine the leader in District 6-AA. Tyner and Brainerd are tied at the top with 3-0 records.

Brainerd(9-1) is coming off a win against McCallie 59-53. The Rams(5-0)beat Howard 65-30.

The game is on Thursday, 12/19/2013 and will be a heavyweight match.

Which teams has the better bench players? Or better yet the better "starting-5" ? I noticed in the game against McCallie the panthers used 8 players.

The game is at Tyner and early arrival is a necessity..it will be a "packed house"!!

Go "RAMS"!!!

Big game this week to determine the leader in District 6-AA. Tyner and Brainerd are tied at the top with 3-0 records.

Brainerd(9-1) is coming off a win against McCallie 59-53. The Rams(5-0)beat Howard 65-30.

The game is on Thursday, 12/19/2013 and will be a heavyweight match.

Which teams has the better bench players? Or better yet the better "starting-5" ? I noticed in the game against McCallie the panthers used 8 players.

The game is at Tyner and early arrival is a necessity..it will be a "packed house"!!

Go "RAMS"!!!

This week picks are Signal Mountain Beats Grundy, Eastridge beats Notredame, Brainerd Beat East Hamilton, Red Bank beats Hixson this time, CSAS beat Copper Basin, Tyner beats Brainerd, Boyd beats Silverdale, Tyner losses to McClellen AR., Tyner beats Whitehaven thats my pics this week hopefully I didn"'t forget anyone. Good luck to all.