Gerry Bertier's 4a Playoff

Gerry Bertier

I really hope Chester gets our first home playoff game! It will be really good for our town! I don't really think that they deserve a home playoff game, but they beat the teams they needed to! Just goes to show how weak 14AA is! Should be some good games between CC and Lex the next few years though, with both teams starting mostly underclassmen!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic is closer to I40 and will make travel to Quad 2 easier for teams. Remember it is not always based on geography. The Marshall/Giles is a toss up. If they are looking to reduce travel then Giles going to 3 would be the best.

getting down to the money thing do you think in the back of the tssaa's mind its all about the money they make at the gate - they would benefit by moving fulton to 2 because the distance between fulton and catholic is very miniscule and making them the one over there and moving greeneville to a 1 in quad 1 ! this would make for some better games greeneville vs south in game two --then greeneville or south vs besty again  in game 3~~ then greeneville vs fulton to go to state in the semifinals  ??---then in quad 2 fulton vs hixson then  fulton vs signal mt so they could get a dose of those big mountain boys in a game 3 scenario just my take on the games-- this would be what the fans would want to see ~~~ it is a shame that you have 4 teams in the top 4 or 5 in the state in 4a two 10-0's and two 9-1's in the same quad and the TSSAA will elimanate them by there seeding ~~ it should be about the end who would meet whom but the TSSAA as we all know have the brain the size of a pea ! thanks for Gerry Bertier and all the time he puts into this i know from a personal standpoint that it takes more brain power to do than i have , all the best to all of the teams - now IT'S PLAYOFF TIME!

Edited by greengreen22

Yeah the only thing that has me worried is Giles/Marshall. Quad 2 and 3 could change depending on how the TSSAA wants to split them up.

Does Dekalb still get the runner-up spot in District 8AA even though they lost to Smith?

Why do you have Chattanooga Central seeded higher than East Ridge?  Isn't East Ridge the District 6AA runner-up?

getting down to the money thing do you think in the back of the tssaa's mind its all about the money they make at the gate - they would benefit by moving fulton to 2 because the distance between fulton and catholic is very miniscule and making them the one over there and moving greeneville to a 1 in quad 1 ! this would make for some better games greeneville vs south in game two --then greeneville or south vs besty again  in game 3~~ then greeneville vs fulton to go to state in the semifinals  ??---then in quad 2 fulton vs hixson then  fulton vs signal mt so they could get a dose of those big mountain boys in a game 3 scenario just my take on the games-- this would be what the fans would want to see ~~~  it should be about the end who would meet whom but the TSSAA as we all know have the brain the size of a pea ! thanks for Gerry Bertier and all the time he puts into this i know from a personal standpoint that it takes more brain power to do than i have , all the best to all of the teams - now IT'S PLAYOFF TIME!

I agree with you, but I think the T$$AA puts the pins on the map and tries to group them together by color.  Kind of like kindergarten kids, they don't want no red dots and yellow dots overlapping.  A week or two ago, when a quad 1 team had to bump down to quad 2, the T$$AA bumped the CatLicks, so I think they will again.  In past years, they have moved Giles west, so they might do it again, but bumping Marshall makes the dots look prettier, so you never know.

To get the best match-ups late in the playoffs, you would put Greeneville in quad 1, Fulton in quad 2, and Giles in quad 3.

I suppose it is best not to let the T$$AA try to make those kind of  subjective decisions.

confused.jpg

Does Dekalb still get the runner-up spot in District 8AA even though they lost to Smith?

Why do you have Chattanooga Central seeded higher than East Ridge?  Isn't East Ridge the District 6AA runner-up?

No they will finish 3rd cause DeKalb Co. finished with a 4-2 District record and Upperman finished with a 5-1 record in the district.  So, DeKalb Co. would be 3rd.