Bearden Postseason game 2 Grace Saturday?

hsfootballfan777

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how they are going to do this. According to the TSSAA handbook, it is my understanding that a school must win 5 games to be eligible for a bowl game.

I don't know much about it, other than the players were told they were playing next Saturday.  Great of TSSAA to have a rule that you must win 5 games to play in a bowl game, when I have seen teams with 3 and 4 wins make it into the playoffs.  As I said, from what I understand, this is not a bowl game, but a fundraiser to help a kid that had been hurt.  Not sure if that makes any difference with the TSSAA.

Not sure how they are going to do this. According to the TSSAA handbook, it is my understanding that a school must win 5 games to be eligible for a bowl game.

TSSAA allows any team that does not qualify for the play offs to schedula an 11th game. Both teams must be at least 5-5 for it to be a bowl game, but any team regardless of record can schedule an 11th game. It counts just like any other game on your schedule & gives you an extra week of practice toward next year.

With that being said this is the 2nd year they have doen this, last season the game was Oliver Springs & Stone Memorial at Grace. The money went to 2 different kids that had major injuries, this year it is all going to the young man at Kingston. So you get to see good football & raise money for a great cause at the same time. You also might see some matchups that you don't normally see, like last years game.

TSSAA allows any team that does not qualify for the play offs to schedula an 11th game. Both teams must be at least 5-5 for it to be a bowl game, but any team regardless of record can schedule an 11th game. It counts just like any other game on your schedule & gives you an extra week of practice toward next year.

With that being said this is the 2nd year they have doen this, last season the game was Oliver Springs & Stone Memorial at Grace. The money went to 2 different kids that had major injuries, this year it is all going to the young man at Kingston. So you get to see good football & raise money for a great cause at the same time. You also might see some matchups that you don't normally see, like last years game.

That is an absolutely AWESOME idea to raise money for this young man, Will it be this upcoming Saturday?  What Time do teams play etc..