Best Team NOT in the Playoffs

devilsden

Did Clarksville beat anybody with a winning record?  Did they beat someone that made the playoffs?  If you answer yes to either question, you might have the best team NOT in the playoffs.  I'm betting their is a team that went 5-5 or 4-6 and beat people in the playoffs.  I haven't looked at the brackets yet and I was only talking about 5 or 6A.  Not to much time on my hands just a question for all of you people that are in the other part of the state outside of East Tn.

Brentwood (Lost to Blackman by only nine, Franklin by 3, and Ravenwood by 1)

Definitely Brentwood. Yes they lost 7 games, but check out the records of the teams they lost to:

1. CPA (10-0)-only lost by 3

2. Blackman (9-1, lost only to Oakland)

3. Centennial (5-5) 

4. Oakland (10-0)

5. Franklin (8-2)- only lost by 3

6. Ravenwood (9-1, lost only to undefeated Overton)

7. Indy (7-3)

Combined: (58-12) Throw out Centennial and it's (53-7). That's pretty ridiculous, and it's even more ridiculous when you realize that Brentwood was in every one of those games except the Oakland game. I attended every one of those games and I left the CPA, Centennial, Franklin, and Ravenwood games scratching my head thinking "Brentwood should have won that game". If one or two plays had gone differently in those games, Brentwood could very well be sitting at 9-1 or 8-2 heading into the playoffs. But, unfortunately that's just how it goes sometimes. Oh well, better luck next year Bruins! 

Definitely Brentwood. Yes they lost 7 games, but check out the records of the teams they lost to:

1. CPA (10-0)-only lost by 3

2. Blackman (9-1, lost only to Oakland)

3. Centennial (5-5)

4. Oakland (10-0)

5. Franklin (8-2)- only lost by 3

6. Ravenwood (9-1, lost only to undefeated Overton)

7. Indy (7-3)

Combined: (58-12) Throw out Centennial and it's (53-7). That's pretty ridiculous, and it's even more ridiculous when you realize that Brentwood was in every one of those games except the Oakland game. I attended every one of those games and I left the CPA, Centennial, Franklin, and Ravenwood games scratching my head thinking "Brentwood should have won that game". If one or two plays had gone differently in those games, Brentwood could very well be sitting at 9-1 or 8-2 heading into the playoffs. But, unfortunately that's just how it goes sometimes. Oh well, better luck next year Bruins!

well said mr. Maher

Clarksville High School is the answer to this question in Class 5A. They lost close to Rossview, Northeast, and Goodpasture. Their other losses came against the likes of Ravenwood and Henry County. They could have been a 7-3 level football team very easily.

Clarksville High School is the answer to this question in Class 5A. They lost close to Rossview, Northeast, and Goodpasture. Their other losses came against the likes of Ravenwood and Henry County. They could have been a 7-3 level football team very easily.

They lost to a very down 2a Goodpasture. I can't say they deserve to be in 5a playoffs.