South Pittsburg 2013 Pirates

OLD PIRATE

This team still can be as good as they want. I don't think they're there yet. Even against Jasper they had moments of frustration that could have pulled them in a different direction but they dug in and you can see that they have each others backs. On the play that was wiped out by penalty on the last drive you saw Landlord jack 24 up blocking for Mitchell. We missed that last year. This years line are now the the strong point of this team. I'm very proud of these young men especially the young ones who have stepped up. Two names that anyone outside our fans may not pay attention to are Fitzgerald and Mosely. These two make the most of what they have and I enjoy watching them. Thanks coaches but please keep it simple and just do it the Pirate way. 6 championships and 5 runner ups for a school with about 260 students. Wow

wow is right, great post... did you hire a secretary? Lol

Coach Moore was an excellent hire. Knows how to build a team from the beginning...built them for the playoffs..this team is much better than at the beginning. This team will bring home the gold

He would have been my first pick to begin with.  I never did figure out why they tried to bring in Ross Ricky, Ricki Ticki Tavi or whatever his name was. What we have with Coach Moore is a Pirate Alumnus that was an All-State lineman in the Class A era etc.

Anyone know of how many 1A Teams have beaten South Pitt in the last 10 years?

In the playoffs, Cloudland, Boyd Buch., FCS, Gordy (3), T.C., U.C.,  and Wayne County.  In the regular season, Boyd 4 times and Temple.  That is 9 losses in the playoffs (including 2 state runner-ups) and 5 in the regular season. 

We have Gordy in our quad and who ever comes out of quad 1 whether its Coalfield, Midway or Greenback before even thinking about U.C.

Edited by rlh

He would have been my first pick to begin with.  I never did figure out why they tried to bring in Ross Ricky, Ricki Ticki Tavi or whatever his name was. What we have with Coach Moore is a Pirate Alumnus that was an All-State lineman in the Class A era etc.

experience and he knows how to deal with kids and being a head coach and winning the gold

He would have been my first pick to begin with. I never did figure out why they tried to bring in Ross Ricky, Ricki Ticki Tavi or whatever his name was. What we have with Coach Moore is a Pirate Alumnus that was an All-State lineman in the Class A era etc.

Moore was a great hire, but Ricky Ross is the real deal.. Either one can win at SP.... Obviously Moore can

I freely admit that I lost a little faith in Coach Moore, and in Lankford and Mitchell, after Hixson.  It took a few games for them to regain my trust, but they did, then solidified it with the wins over Polk and Jasper.  The coaching staff and the team have come to terms on who is the leader - it is not #6 or #28...it the team as a whole.  They have gelled into a cohesive unit which has learned to depend on each other.  Let's go to Cookeville!!!