York @ Alcoa tell me something about York

alcoadaddy

I think there are some pretty good match ups in round 1. CAK at GP for one. But frankly when you put a number 8 against a number 1 seed, it really should be a blow out, and this game will be just that. Alcoa just happens to be head and shoulders above the rest of the east half of 3A at least, perhaps all of 3A. We'll just have to see if anyone can get them to have to play their starters past the 3rd quarter.

My advice to the visiting York fans is simply enjoy your trip to line up against the Tornadoes and thSmileyeating.gif grab a band burger and fries. (To my Alcoa friends: band burgers are still good, but not like they used to be. Please see to it that your purchasing agent gets the burger meat from your old supplier prior to week 3, just in case I have a reason to attend. Those that I hold accountable know who they are.)

this is why first round of playoffs shouldn't be played. too many teams in that don't deserve to be in post season. Alcoa wins by whatever score they want to

Something about "York", don't know much, it does rhyme with "fork" and you could go ahead and stick it in them b/c come Friday there season is done. I'd say Alcoa wins by 50+ pretty easy. I feel bad for these losing record 8 seeds who barely got in playoffs they are awarded with playing a power. Too many classes in Tennessee which be much more fun if TN had only three classes.

I'm for Tennessee going to a Subregion set up like Georgia has.

This may be the biggest mismatch of the entire 1st round including all classes.  I can't imagine anyone looking forward to this game other than Alcoa's JV players and parents.  I hope there is enough gate money left over after giving the TSSAA their cut to cover York's travel expenses.  It would be heart warming if York could score a few points and not have a running clock before the second half, but most likely that won't happen.  I hope York will find a way to take something positive away from this impending disaster, and I hope that Alcoa is a friendly and humble host and doesn't get any of their key players injured. Here's to band burgers, fries, and a safe journey for everyone...cheers.

How is theirs set up?

You have like a 10 team Region divided into a Subregion A and Subregion B. You play usually a 9 game Season and the 10th game will be a Subregion game that is counted as a Playoff game. You have a setup like this: Subregion A #1 plays Subregion B #4 and Subregion B #1 plays Subregion A#4. Subregion A#2 would play Subregion B#3 and Subregion B#2 would play Subregion A#3. The 5th team of each Subregion wouldn't play.

You have like a 10 team Region divided into a Subregion A and Subregion B. You play usually a 9 game Season and the 10th game will be a Subregion game that is counted as a Playoff game. You have a setup like this: Subregion A #1 plays Subregion B #4 and Subregion B #1 plays Subregion A#4. Subregion A#2 would play Subregion B#3 and Subregion B#2 would play Subregion A#3. The 5th team of each Subregion wouldn't play.

Sounds like a good way to cut down on poor competetion.

This may be the biggest mismatch of the entire 1st round including all classes.  I can't imagine anyone looking forward to this game other than Alcoa's JV players and parents.  I hope there is enough gate money left over after giving the TSSAA their cut to cover York's travel expenses.  It would be heart warming if York could score a few points and not have a running clock before the second half, but most likely that won't happen.  I hope York will find a way to take something positive away from this impending disaster, and I hope that Alcoa is a friendly and humble host and doesn't get any of their key players injured. Here's to band burgers, fries, and a safe journey for everyone...cheers.

Forget TSSAA paying out. It should be Alcoa using the $500 pay from the kids who live outside their zone that come and play for them to pay York, a state-funded school who has almost been shut down in the past few years for financial reasons. Doesn't make sense these two teams should be allowed on the same field.