Nashville Overton?

7AAA makes me chuckle. Apparently, they are not good enough to rest on their own laurels, they have to tear down other schools around them.

Come back when you finally win a trophy lol. And you better do it soon because in a few years you will suffer the same fate as 11AAA, waterdowned talent from so many high schools.

You should change your screen name to fhshalftimers, cause you've lost half your mind. I believe to total is up to 9 for 7AAA.  :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

Nashville Overton went 10-0 in metro but would have finished in 4th place in Rutherford County *if* they could have beat Smyrna & Riverdale (not a guarantee).  And I DID attend and graduate from a Metro public school.  As a matter of fact, my old school that now loses every week had a perfect 10-0 season around ten years ago and then got hammered at White House in the playoffs (gave up 50-something points)

By the way, the opening of Stewie didn't keep Blackman or Smyrna from making the playoffs, did it?  (just as the addition of Siegel didn't kill Oakland in sports... now there are two good athletic programs in the north end of Murf. instead of one... kind of like "The Hydra of Lernaean" in Greek mythology where two deadly snakes grow back in the place of one)

Edited by nrgrizzlies

"If" they beat Riverdale?  The same Riverdale that a mediocre Cane Ridge smacked around?

We get it, you think Rutherford is the cat's meow...Overton has done what they had to do against their district schedule (isn't Hillsboro still playing too?) and beat some solid opponents in their out of conference schedule.  All of this "they wouldn't do this" talk is ridiculous, just like SEC fans talking about how terrible A&M and Mizzou would do in their conference.  Not the only commonality between Murfreesboro and SEC, when your team is garbage just jump on the band wagon of the best team that beat them but I digress.

Fact is, Overton is a pretty darn good team, has had a special season, and has just enough players to "make some noise."  Terry is going to run his power scheme, feed his hosses, play his under defense and let the chips fall as they may.  I have the utmost respect for him keeping them together and successful especially with all of those other options right in the same neighborhood.

I don't know how long Overton will go, no one does, but I hope they keep winning.  Even if they don't, only 16 teams left in 6A and they are one of them.

Grizzly you don't know where they would have finished. My guess is you haven't seen Overton this year. My guess is you only know of the metro stereotype. Same as many others. Hillsboro has a couple of championships under their belt, pearl Cohn has a couple, Overton has one too. Overton this year has beaten father Ryan, centennial, and ravenwood out of district. Not too bad there. As someone said Overton is going to pound the ball and play defense. The one thing the Rutherford county schools have that Overton does not is a kicking game. And as far as you attending a metro school and you thinking that means something, metro has changed drastically from the time you were there. So it means nothing.

Overton has a talent laden zone where many if not most of the best players attend private schools. Half of their student population are immigrants and don't even know what football is. However, Terry Anderson and his staff have maintained a classy, consistent team which is always competitive. Anyone that knocks the Overton program is either ill-informed or just not telling the truth. There are 13 schools that play football in the public school system in Davidson County. None are named metro. Each school has unique challenges that most coaches could not handle. Not many coaches could match the success that Overton has achieved with the given obstacles. Overton plays 6A football with essentially 3A population of possible players, and they don't have special transfers from other zones. Terry takes what is given to him, coaches them the right way, and remains solid always and very successful this year.

Private schools can be selective with their student body and recruit talent. Counties around Davidson have yet to experience the impact of a large student population that does not speak English and how this impacts test scores, which impacts the focus of administrators.

Terry Anderson and his staff would be undefeated at Oakland and at Ensworth. Those staffs would not be undefeated at Overton.

Give this man and his team credit where the credit is due.

Overton has a talent laden zone where many if not most of the best players attend private schools. Half of their student population are immigrants and don't even know what football is. However, Terry Anderson and his staff have maintained a classy, consistent team which is always competitive. Anyone that knocks the Overton program is either ill-informed or just not telling the truth. There are 13 schools that play football in the public school system in Davidson County. None are named metro. Each school has unique challenges that most coaches could not handle. Not many coaches could match the success that Overton has achieved with the given obstacles. Overton plays 6A football with essentially 3A population of possible players, and they don't have special transfers from other zones. Terry takes what is given to him, coaches them the right way, and remains solid always and very successful this year.

Private schools can be selective with their student body and recruit talent. Counties around Davidson have yet to experience the impact of a large student population that does not speak English and how this impacts test scores, which impacts the focus of administrators.

Terry Anderson and his staff would be undefeated at Oakland and at Ensworth. Those staffs would not be undefeated at Overton.

Give this man and his team credit where the credit is due.

Very well said. I agree.

It is just hilarious these 7AAA groupies bleat about their prowness and i never see them in the finals lately. In a couple of years 7AAA will be irrelevant from a talent pool considerably spread thin and heaven help you if for whatever reason some top flight privates anchored down in the Boro. Rankin certainly saw it comin. You will too.

Terry Anderson and his staff would be undefeated at Oakland and at Ensworth.

The last time I looked Oakland IS unbeaten with wins over Memphis White Station (ranked & in the playoffs), Siegel (ranked & in the playoffs), Memphis Arlington (made the playoffs), Smyrna (made the playoffs), Chattanooga Baylor (ranked & in the playoffs),  Blackman (ranked & in the playoffs)...  Let everybody know when metro schools play a schedule loaded like that AND go 10-0. 

Bragging about a win over Centennial? Really?  They went .500 and didn't make the playoffs. 

It is just hilarious these 7AAA groupies bleat about their prowness and i never see them in the finals lately. In a couple of years 7AAA will be irrelevant from a talent pool considerably spread thin and heaven help you if for whatever reason some top flight privates anchored down in the Boro. Rankin certainly saw it comin. You will too.

They said it when Blackman opened. They said it when Siegel opened. I guess the critics never get tired of being wrong