Hampton vs Silverdale or Rockwood

BULLRUSH

I'm sure the dogs are much improved as a team. I'm not saying RW would roll over Hampton at all. I just think they are even at skill and RW matches pretty closely in size on the O & D lines & their linemen are more athletic as a unit. Hampton has been plagued with way to many penalties lately. If that happens against Rockwood then Rockwood will have to help Hampton with some turnovers and they don't typically do that much. I can see a Hampton win if Rockwood gets up there but I'd be leaning toward Rockwood a little. I'm not gonna really pull one way or the other if it happens, I'm a fan of both teams.

I respect RW much! I believe they will win the 1st round and make the trip to H-Town....I also agree that penalties would kill us at this point...and that would be the reason for a RW or SD  win IMO..."Plague" is also correct...We are INFECTED! Our penaties dont come over an entire game, they come in clumps of 2, 3, or more a series!!!

Crow, as Pujo  said, this isn't the same Hampton team that played Oneida earlier this season....Not by far.

With that said, I will be happy for either team to head to this way...SD caught us in a bad way last season

(no starting QB, RB, WR) and had their way...in '09 RW gave us a fit.

Reaction, maybe next year we'll get a shot to get even with Boyd after their win in '10 B)

As long as its at The Swamp.  :thumb:   

I'm sure the dogs are much improved as a team. I'm not saying RW would roll over Hampton at all. I just think they are even at skill and RW matches pretty closely in size on the O & D lines & their linemen are more athletic as a unit. Hampton has been plagued with way to many penalties lately. If that happens against Rockwood then Rockwood will have to help Hampton with some turnovers and they don't typically do that much. I can see a Hampton win if Rockwood gets up there but I'd be leaning toward Rockwood a little. I'm not gonna really pull one way or the other if it happens, I'm a fan of both teams.

We won't have to worry about the penalties, we will have officals from another area and they will call it both ways. We'll still comitt some penalties but so will whoever comes up here.Thats a wash. But as I've said all along ,we will be the underdog in either case, but I'd be real surprised if it wasn't a 4 quarter game. We're just plain and simply a much better team than the one you witnessed. If we were still playing the way we did against you guys, we would have lost our last 2 games and we would have no need for this discussion.

We won't have to worry about the penalties, we will have officals from another area and they will call it both ways. We'll still comitt some penalties but so will whoever comes up here.Thats a wash. But as I've said all along ,we will be the underdog in either case, but I'd be real surprised if it wasn't a 4 quarter game. We're just plain and simply a much better team than the one you witnessed. If we were still playing the way we did against you guys, we would have lost our last 2 games and we would have no need for this discussion.

Pujo, Hampton has been heavily penalized the last several years at different times during the seasons. I remember several times you've posted over 100 yards in penalties. Do y'all have some serious enemies wearing stripes up in that area? I know there were penalties up here but nothing out of the ordinary for any other game really.

Also, as I've said I'm sure y'all are a much better team now vs week 1. I know we are and so is Rockwood, heck everyone improves as the season goes on. Like I said, I think it'll be close if Rockwood comes calling, I just think they've got a really good chance. I'm not basing that on us vs you and us vs them. I'm basing it on skill position and line comparison. Oval pretty even bunch but I do give their line an advantage.

Pujo, Hampton has been heavily penalized the last several years at different times during the seasons. I remember several times you've posted over 100 yards in penalties. Do y'all have some serious enemies wearing stripes up in that area? I know there were penalties up here but nothing out of the ordinary for any other game really.

Also, as I've said I'm sure y'all are a much better team now vs week 1. I know we are and so is Rockwood, heck everyone improves as the season goes on. Like I said, I think it'll be close if Rockwood comes calling, I just think they've got a really good chance. I'm not basing that on us vs you and us vs them. I'm basing it on skill position and line comparison. Oval pretty even bunch but I do give their line an advantage.

Our game with you guys was called cleanly, not alot of penalties, it was a non factor. We've had several games this year where it was a non factor. We just get a few crews who are biased against us.

Yes we have improved and our line is one of the biggest areas of improvement. We've changed things around alot since you last saw us. Were also alot more disaplined on d. We were young and dumb when we played you guys. Believe it or not, but Cloudland is ALOT like you guys.

I'm sorta like an elephant when it comes to football games, if I am correct, you guys had 1 penalty and we had 4..

My bad, crow, I misread your intent of the comment; as to pujo, nobody's complaining...simply saying what killed us was back to back penalties and a missed regulation PAT. If we make the PAT, then perhaps O tries the FG...and regardless of the outcome the game is decided in regulation...but like dad always says, if, "if's" & "but's" were candy @ nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.

The long & short is...RW enters the game a bit banged up & and has been for a few weeks, actually going back to the GB matchup. In spite of that RW has seen other athletes step up toake quality, influential plays...as I said in my first post SD has some good players on O & D...but the playoffs is about a whole team effort and I think RW's team matches up a little better than Sd's.

Nonetheless,

My bad, crow, I misread your intent of the comment; as to pujo, nobody's complaining...simply saying what killed us was back to back penalties and a missed regulation PAT. If we make the PAT, then perhaps O tries the FG...and regardless of the outcome the game is decided in regulation...but like dad always says, if, "if's" & "but's" were candy @ nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.

The long & short is...RW enters the game a bit banged up & and has been for a few weeks, actually going back to the GB matchup. In spite of that RW has seen other athletes step up toake quality, influential plays...as I said in my first post SD has some good players on O & D...but the playoffs is about a whole team effort and I think RW's team matches up a little better than Sd's.

Nonetheless,

Don't have to tell me about the game16,  I saw what happened. I keep up with this dang football, its a passion. Good luck to you guys this week, but you better take Silverdale serious. But with Webb as the coach, that shouldn;t be a problem.

I'm sorta like an elephant when it comes to football games, if I am correct, you guys had 1 penalty and we had 4..

I was thinking 3 & 1 but 4 & 1 sounds right to. Either way good clean game. Did y'all move people around on the line or just tighten up a few nuts & bolts.

I was thinking 3 & 1 but 4 & 1 sounds right to. Either way good clean game. Did y'all move people around on the line or just tighten up a few nuts & bolts.

We've moved kids around and even have new guys starting. All of the lineman still play, but at different positions and situations. Another thing is ,that was only the 2ond game our soph QB had played, we didn't want to put to much on him,thats a tough enviroment.  To be honest we really didn't want to do awhole lot of anything that night. We were hoping we could use our big back and churn out 1st downs. Obviously that didn't work. We were young and got trapped all night and give up huge running plays. These boys have grown up alot and they have learned quite a bit. I think balance is our winning ticket, we have opened holes and ran the ball much better over the last several weeks and our passing game keeps people on their toes. We are not world beaters by any means, but not chumps either.