William Blount offseason thread

Governm

Maybe you are happy going 5-5 on the reg but most wouldn't be! Making the playoffs at 5-5 or 4-6 for that matter is a joke! I suppose we just have a difference of opinion as to what "big dogs" actually means.

We were in 2007... I was saying we were a consistently decent to good team for a decade. And you probably didn't know that we had no stability in the coaching department during most of that period either.... Meadows was our coach from 2003 to 2007 and in 2007 we had our best year in school history. But after he took a "leave of absence" after that season we have been down ever since. But now it seems like we have a good young coach who is committed to sticking around and righting the ship. It will just take time.. Not all schools have had the luxury of having great coaches who stick around for years and years. We have always lacked stability and now we have it. Edited by Governors91

You are referring to this same young coach that you were ready to run out of town this past year, correct?? Now you believe he is the man to "right the ship"?? For goodness sake! Love the passion there 91 but

Come on....

I got a little fired up last year and had unrealistic expectations and said some things in anger that I did not mean. I do believe that Ridge will right the ship, it will just take time. Last year he made the transition from 1A to coaching in one of the toughest 5A/6A districts in the state. And you also have to remember that he is still young. Alot of us (WB fans) forgot all of that in our excitement. But there have been some positives.... The kids really like him and have bought into what he is selling and he is here for the long haul. He is a WB alum and loves the school and community... And the school has shown a commitment to keep him around by making him the AD. So he is not going anywhere anytime soon. And when you factor into the positive changes that are happening with our feeder program I expect lots of good things in the coming years. No negativity here.

Knoxvul is right, 91. To be a Big Dog means a long stretch of dominance not just a few years man!! While WB did have some good teams and a really good one in 2007 (their best year ever) they still only made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs man.

I disagree....

Nobody else but Alcoa, Maryville, and recently Fulton have been "dominant". And I don't think you have to win state to be considered a big dog, only one team per class wins it all. Besides.. I specifically said WB was "one" of the big dogs among East Tennessee 5A teams in "2007". I think its reasonable to say that when we beat Sevier county, Dobyns Bennett,Ooltewah,Mcminn County, Soddy Daisy, Heritage, Bradley Central,Oak Ridge,and Campbell County. And most of those games were not even remotely close. We were definitely among the best teams in East Tn that year and thats what i meant when I said we were big dogs.

I disagree....

Nobody else but Alcoa, Maryville, and recently Fulton have been "dominant". And I don't think you have to win state to be considered a big dog, only one team per class wins it all. Besides.. I specifically said WB was "one" of the big dogs among East Tennessee 5A teams in "2007". I think its reasonable to say that when we beat Sevier county, Dobyns Bennett,Ooltewah,Mcminn County, Soddy Daisy, Heritage, Bradley Central,Oak Ridge,and Campbell County. And most of those games were not even remotely close. We were definitely among the best teams in East Tn that year and thats what i meant when I said we were big dogs.

So based on one year you're a big dog? (2007) C'mon man lol WB's records from 2000-2010 were 6-5 6-6 5-65-6 3-7 6-5 7-5 9-3 1-9 3-7 3-7. That is a big do in East TN? :|  C'mon man

We were in "2007", we aren't talking about any other years. So you are saying we weren't one of the best teams on this side of the state in 2007?

Yes you were but one single year doesn't constitute you as being a top dog in this region lol That's what you said starting out!  And you still got thumped in the 2nd round, so what does it matter? A best team doesn't get thumped 30-0

Edited by SweetScience