William Blount offseason thread

Governm

Talked to Devin yesterday and he was having surgery this morning to put a plate in his hand.....if all goes well, he will get a hard cast after 3 or 4 weeks of healing, and may be able to play in the season opener.  Lets hope all goes well for this young man, after talking with him a few times I really think that he has his head screwed on straight this year and is trying to do the right thing. 

That's good news. And I am pretty sure he has his head screwed on right. As far as I can tell a few key seniors have matured alot from last year. That's part of the reason I expect them to be better and would be shocked if they finish the same way they did last year.

That's good news. And I am pretty sure he has his head screwed on right. As far as I can tell a few key seniors have matured alot from last year. That's part of the reason I expect them to be better and would be shocked if they finish the same way they did last year.

I have been pleased to this point with the way a lot of the Seniors have stepped up.....but there are still 2 or 3 that need to be jerked into line....2 or 3 that will go outside and throw the football while everyone else works out....but, I have a feeling that it is starting to change a little because the workers are tired of it and have begun to call out the slackers, and IMO, that is a great thing.

I have asked many people (without getting an answer), why WB didn't exclude the Freshmen, being they are in a separate building with a separate principal, and see if that would get their numbers down enough to be classified 5A. Last year would have been a perfect time to do such a thing with reclassification. Obviously, there is no way they could get down to 3A or 4A, but I thought they stood a chance of going to 5A, by excluding the Freshmen from the numbers.

Are both buildings on the same campus? I'm almost sure since the freshmen will attend WB those numbers have to count. Science Hills freshman attend Liberty Bell but it's in campus

Are both buildings on the same campus? I'm almost sure since the freshmen will attend WB those numbers have to count. Science Hills freshman attend Liberty Bell but it's in campus

The Freshman have their own campus and their own principal.....Since I posted this back in November I have found out the answer to the question.....TSSAA will count 4 classes toward the enrollment numbers, if there are only 3 classes present, they will use those as a means to estimate how many to count for the 4th class for enrollment purposes......so there is no way to eliminate Freshmen from the enrollment numbers.