William Blount offseason thread

Governm

Thursday has been canceled. Govs looked good tonight, but the bad spots continue to shine. Senior "stars" on the sidelines goofing off with zero leadership being shown. Looks to me that the WR they are showcasing is an incoming sophomore that has no work ethic unless he knows the ball is coming his way. The team does look promising if the lack of effort of a certain few doesn't bring down the hard work that others have put in.

Are they gonna schedule someone else? Who did they play tonight? Edited by Governors91

Goldblooded,

Is the overrall team discipline up from last year in your opinion? Because from what I'm hearing and seeing most of the kids have bought in and have been working extremely hard. I do hear reports of a few slackers still but a team is bigger than a few players. I think they will be fine and maybe the slackers will fall into line when full pads practice and the scrimmages start.

They played McMinn Central, Cocke County, Union County, and Karns. As for the other question, my worries are that the rest of the team notices how the given few are favored and not held accountable for their actions, so they do not think that anything can be done. Only a kid or 2 can step up and everyone will follow because the culprits are the "studs" of a 2 win team.

They played McMinn Central, Cocke County, Union County, and Karns. As for the other question, my worries are that the rest of the team notices how the given few are favored and not held accountable for their actions, so they do not think that anything can be done. Only a kid or 2 can step up and everyone will follow because the culprits are the "studs" of a 2 win team.

Dang. Ridge and the staff really need to start coming down on them hard. They can't afford to let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

Thursday has been canceled. Govs looked good tonight, but the bad spots continue to shine. Senior "stars" on the sidelines goofing off with zero leadership being shown. Looks to me that the WR they are showcasing is an incoming sophomore that has no work ethic unless he knows the ball is coming his way. The team does look promising if the lack of effort of a certain few doesn't bring down the hard work that others have put in.

Amen....that Soph WR has looked at what others before him got away with and has taken full advantage of being rewarded for doing absolutely nothing.....the kids down there are figuring it out, they have started calling out some of the slackers....kind of sad when the kids figure out what needs to be done faster than the ones in charge.  The lack of effort of a few will only bring down the hard work of the others if the slackers are allowed on the field.

Do the Govs have any upcoming Freshman players that look promising? I don't know anything about that group. What kind of numbers do they have coming out for the freshman team?

There are a few good looking big kids in that group, and the transfer from Alcoa is a really good athlete.....but top to bottom, this incoming Freshmen class isn't close to the one they had come in last year.

There are a few good looking big kids in that group, and the transfer from Alcoa is a really good athlete.....but top to bottom, this incoming Freshmen class isn't close to the one they had come in last year.

Didn't they have a freshman transfer in from alcoa last year? Will he be seeing action this year?

Amen....that Soph WR has looked at what others before him got away with and has taken full advantage of being rewarded for doing absolutely nothing.....the kids down there are figuring it out, they have started calling out some of the slackers....kind of sad when the kids figure out what needs to be done faster than the ones in charge.  The lack of effort of a few will only bring down the hard work of the others if the slackers are allowed on the field.

Well said.