Marion Co @ Boyd (This McCurry man vs that Reynolds man)

reaction

All kinds of interesting stuff going on here today.  Hate to hear that adults were involved in the vandalism.  The kids deserve better than that.  I still look forward to seeing a great game Friday night either way.  :thumb:

Classy post Reaction.  I look for this game to be a hard fought smashmouth type game.  I honestly feel that Marion is the better team this year for sure.  As we found out in 2009, the better team doesn't always win.  Good thing is you don't have to be better than the other team, just better on that one night.  If MC doesn't turn it over then I feel that they win by two scores.  If they turn it over then It will be much much tighter.  Some Pirate folks are saying that MC will blow boyd out, but the warriors aren't explosive enough to blow teams out.  No excuses from me if we lose due to not being focused or whatever.  May the best team win.

Classy post Reaction.  I look for this game to be a hard fought smashmouth type game.  I honestly feel that Marion is the better team this year for sure.  As we found out in 2009, the better team doesn't always win.  Good thing is you don't have to be better than the other team, just better on that one night.  If MC doesn't turn it over then I feel that they win by two scores.  If they turn it over then It will be much much tighter.  Some Pirate folks are saying that MC will blow boyd out, but the warriors aren't explosive enough to blow teams out.  No excuses from me if we lose due to not being focused or whatever.  May the best team win.

Im assuming your talking about the 08 season playoff game. Ive always had a problem with " the better team didn't win". If I remember correctly, 10 game win streak coming into that game, beating a hard Smith County the previous week on the road and then to Boyd causing 6 turnovers and leaving with a one point victory. Im sure your refering to the stats when the game was over but the only thing that mattered was the score!

The difference in that game came on turnovers. Marion hit and hit and hit all night long. Not to mention their starting QB was throwing passes to our defenders for some reason. Beasly for Boyd made the deference for them in the second half. It was like they sprayed him down with pam up until #24 stripped the ball at the one yard line and MC recovers. Better team did win but team with better stats on paper lost!

Im hoping for a more than one point game come tomorrow night. Ive had way to many of those one point games to last me a lifetime. Ole ticker cant handle many more of those. Marion wins Friday night and we put this coaching mess behind us for a couple days and let the boys play football........

My son said it the best last night when I asked him if there was any talk about what was happening and he said our coaches didnt bring it up, the players didnt bring it up, and none of the students brought it up because all they care is that a really good football team is coming to play them Friday. He then said he will be glad to just get on the field and play against some of his friends and forget all of this other crap that has nothing to do what either team cares about. Good luck to both teams and Prayers for a safe trip tomorrow for the Warriors and their fans!!

Edited by skydogg25

My son said it the best last night when I asked him if there was any talk about what was happening and he said our coaches didnt bring it up, the players didnt bring it up, and none of the students brought it up because all they care is that a really good football team is coming to play them Friday. He then said he will be glad to just get on the field and play against some of his friends and forget all of this other crap that has nothing to do what either team cares about. Good luck to both teams and Prayers for a safe trip tomorrow for the Warriors and their fans!!

like your sons attitude.....good luck tomorrow night and hope for an injury free game!