Science Hill-Sevier County

BigDave1967

Here is some intelligent discourse: Buy your tickets on the hill. The ticket lines at SC are terrible. Enter the campus at the entrance just past the red light. Everyone will line up in the center turn lane for the red light entrance. Drive past them and take the next entrance. Park in the grass heading out the one way exit. Go to google maps so you know the area.

Goodur points RR......Me and momma parked onn tha Grassy Noll acrost Dolly's hiway..... B)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SC wins big!

What I should have said is it will be a big win if the Bears pull it out. Everyones run game looks like the 95 Nebraska team vs the Bears this year. I dont know why but the coachs do not play the best lineman  on defense at all. I understand the whole play 1 way thing in 6a football and it may be the reason they are able to out score people but it seems like you could play them some 2 or 3 snaps here and there and try to get some stops. 

We will find out  what a spring scrimmage means as the bears dominated the hill last spring and as I type this I remember 1 of those lineman #71 made play after play on defense. Now he never plays defense. The bears are good and its hard to argue with success but only the offense has been very successful this year. The defense has given up huge yardage almost every week even vs some bad teams. I dont know if coachs read stuff like this but if they do PLAY #71 on DEFENSE! The kid can make plays. 

Im going to say the D steps up this week.

Bears 42 Toppers 21

It looks as if SH has found a running game, but can they use it with success against Sevier County?

Of course, the winner has the pleasure of doing the honors against Maryville the following week...

Not only will SH run with success but they will be unstoppable. The only way you guys will be slowed down will be of the self inflicted variety or an act of God. You know like penalties, turnovers, bus driver wanders into the Bermuda triangle, N. Korea invades tri-cities, Carter/Cook pillow fight breaks out at friends of the band sleepover, etc. 

We are light in the britches on the line, our tackling is atrocious and we take horrible angles to the ball carrier. We weren't very good to begin the season but take out 3 or 4 starters and now we are abysmal. First team to not score on a possession will probably lose. This game has the potential to set numerous scoring records that may never be broken.   

Edited by SCBear

Does anybody know the status of Austin Pope? Will he be playing anymore this season? He is a big factor in the Bear defense. With hayes pope and brett the lbs are pretty decent looking. The defense has to try and make some changes in my opinion. Not sure if the coachs have many options other than play some guys both ways. Manning is a very good safety, #71 is a very good d line player, I say all hands on deck because there will be no tomorrow for this 2013 team if the defense cant hold up better than they did friday night. No disrespect to cookeville but even their own fans said they were not very good on offense. I know the Bears can  out score Science Hill but they cannot beat Maryville( good luck Moeast I am 1 of your biggest fans this week) with the current defensive line up. Heck I would even rotate the center and the big rt tackle and rt guard on the d line at this point. Im sure the coachs know what they are doing but as a fan you just want to see the best players on the field when you are giving up big run after big run. 

I wonder if the state championship team the Bears had in 1999 played guys both ways? I bet they did. This area just does not seem to have the athletes to win it all with too many good players on the bench half the game. 

LetsGoBears!!!!

Does anybody know the status of Austin Pope? Will he be playing anymore this season? He is a big factor in the Bear defense. With hayes pope and brett the lbs are pretty decent looking. The defense has to try and make some changes in my opinion. Not sure if the coachs have many options other than play some guys both ways. Manning is a very good safety, #71 is a very good d line player, I say all hands on deck because there will be no tomorrow for this 2013 team if the defense cant hold up better than they did friday night. No disrespect to cookeville but even their own fans said they were not very good on offense. I know the Bears can  out score Science Hill but they cannot beat Maryville( good luck Moeast I am 1 of your biggest fans this week) with the current defensive line up. Heck I would even rotate the center and the big rt tackle and rt guard on the d line at this point. Im sure the coachs know what they are doing but as a fan you just want to see the best players on the field when you are giving up big run after big run. 

I wonder if the state championship team the Bears had in 1999 played guys both ways? I bet they did. This area just does not seem to have the athletes to win it all with too many good players on the bench half the game. 

LetsGoBears!!!!

Unfortunately, I don't think #31 will be in uniform Friday night. And, I'm guessing that you will not see any offensive lineman play defense either. However, I agree that #70 and #71 would make a huge difference on the defensive line - even if they only play a few snaps. For some reason, the defensive coordinator seems reluctant to get the best 11 on the field. For example, #26 is relatively healthy but he is getting very few snaps on defense. Like #31, he could make a huge impact at linebacker. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we will see many, if any, personnel changes this Friday night.

I like SH in this game. In the one game I watched this year SC has a hard time with scrambling / running QB's. If #11 is allowed to get loose it could be a hard night for SC D, especially down a man or two. Manning can throw and scramble himself. SH secondary has improved, however, the hurry up pace of the Bears, and pass scheme could throw a wrinkle at the Toppers. Never thought I would say SH needs to run the ball and control the clock but that's how DB built a 23-7 lead on SC. Good luck to both teams. Stay healthy.

Edited by DBIndianKMA

I'm not sure who wins this one, but I get the feeling it will more than likely be a blow out one way or the other instead of a close game. I watch SC play Maryville. I thought it would be a close game, yet Maryville blew them out. Same with Seigal and SH.

I hope I'm wrong because it should be a really good game. But if either of those teams gets the hot hand it is difficult to stop them. Hopefully they will both get a hot hand and it turn out to be a great game.