Henry Co. vs. Memphis East. Round 2

SEC1rules

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vols1234 is a Central fan , they're sitting at home , coach quit , he's bored so he's trolling you guys , Greeneville guys , Ensworth , you name it , wherever there's a bridge this troll shows up ... lol 

Well, Trolls do what trolls do! Good luck to Maryville in the coming weeks. We're focusing on the best out of Memphis this week, looking for a great game on the field!!!

Somebody from DISTRICT 3AAA.... CC or Fox and Company at AC!

Possibly, but we'll see how CC does against West this week. I can think of a few more teams out of the East side that could make it as well. As for Henry County, we have to stay focused on the game at hand - Memphis East - who is going to come to Paris on Friday night trying to prove something. It's the Patriots job to make an even bigger statement, ready for Friday night!!!

Go Big RED!!!

Possibly, but we'll see how CC does against West this week. I can think of a few more teams out of the East side that could make it as well. As for Henry County, we have to stay focused on the game at hand - Memphis East - who is going to come to Paris on Friday night trying to prove something. It's the Patriots job to make an even bigger statement, ready for Friday night!!!

Go Big RED!!!

I assure you West ain't ready for CougarNation!!!

Go Big RED!!!

Wish I could see this game , probably be a great one , Memphis East sure got my attention after the whitehaven game , good luck to you guys !

Great to hear Kev! You know we'll feed you before the game, so come hungry! This should be a great matchup, looking forward to it!!!

Thanks BHS! I saw some of the Whitehaven game and the Ridgeway game as well. They look pretty good on Defense. Also, I see they run alot more than they pass. Big power fullback and quick tailback. Their line doesn't look overly big but good speed on d-line. Don't see many (maybe one) going both ways. But like you said, not many substitutions in the game same 22-25 kids played the whole game. I don't know how good Millington was, but that was a lower scoring game than I thought.

East Defense is good. Millington running Defense is also good so that is why the game was low scoring. Also Millington turned the ball over in east red zone a few times. One big mistake was we were on the east 3 yard line and ended up having to try for a field goal which was blocked and East returned it to our 5 yard line or so setting them up for what was the winning TD. Was a good game and Millington had several chances to take the game but thats how it goes in high school football. One thing that i noticed about Millington is who ever calls there offensive plays seems to use the same ones over and over. They need to try different things catch other teams off guard... Anyway i hope good luck to East against Henry County.. 

East Defense is good. Millington running Defense is also good so that is why the game was low scoring. Also Millington turned the ball over in east red zone a few times. One big mistake was we were on the east 3 yard line and ended up having to try for a field goal which was blocked and East returned it to our 5 yard line or so setting them up for what was the winning TD. Was a good game and Millington had several chances to take the game but thats how it goes in high school football. One thing that i noticed about Millington is who ever calls there offensive plays seems to use the same ones over and over. They need to try different things catch other teams off guard... Anyway i hope good luck to East against Henry County.. 

Thanks Millingtonfan! I was able to see this one too. I did notice that you guys D was pretty stout. Looked like they ran the ball about 80% of the time. But I did notice at least one big pass play for 50-60 yds that setup maybe their first or second TD. Turnovers kill you in close games, hard to overcome them. But it did look like you guys were able to move the ball on them. Hopefully, the staff at HC will come up with a good game plan that takes advantage of some things (in fact, I'm pretty confident they will!). Congrats on a good season and making the playoffs. Maybe we'll meet in the future sometime on the field.

Opinion and Observation....Offensively East will show multiple sets with favorite sets being and I backfield, a wing and a split. They will also go two tight with a wing..From the sets, Easts loves the power play and counter trey action. They will run play action off of these sets also. Good size up front with no fat bellys. Fullback is primarily a lead blocker. Will run the ball on third or fourth and short. Receivers can run and also catch the ball. Stunting in obvious passing downs will create problems for East. Defense is the strong suit of this football team. Base defense is a 4-3. Lineman do a good job of getting off blocks and linebackers fly to the ball. East will put pressure by coming off the edge also! Misdirection would be a consideration or counter action because of the fast flow of the linebackers. Kicking game...Kickoffs not very deep. down to about 15. Extra points are generally reliable, but SLOW! Field goals are out of the question from the 20 out. Punting game is not very solid.. strong rush and the punter has shown a tendency to hurry and not have very good kicks.

Opinion of outcome..Have no idea how a three hour travel on the road will affect East. The venue will play a big role in the outcome.. Walking down the sidewalk with all the tailgaters can be intimidating. I'm sure the stands will be full and the horns will be aplenty! If Henry doesn't lose the battle of turnovers, I would think that Henry will be moving on to the next round. I

Opinion and Observation....Offensively East will show multiple sets with favorite sets being and I backfield, a wing and a split. They will also go two tight with a wing..From the sets, Easts loves the power play and counter trey action. They will run play action off of these sets also. Good size up front with no fat bellys. Fullback is primarily a lead blocker. Will run the ball on third or fourth and short. Receivers can run and also catch the ball. Stunting in obvious passing downs will create problems for East. Defense is the strong suit of this football team. Base defense is a 4-3. Lineman do a good job of getting off blocks and linebackers fly to the ball. East will put pressure by coming off the edge also! Misdirection would be a consideration or counter action because of the fast flow of the linebackers. Kicking game...Kickoffs not very deep. down to about 15. Extra points are generally reliable, but SLOW! Field goals are out of the question from the 20 out. Punting game is not very solid.. strong rush and the punter has shown a tendency to hurry and not have very good kicks.

Opinion of outcome..Have no idea how a three hour travel on the road will affect East. The venue will play a big role in the outcome.. Walking down the sidewalk with all the tailgaters can be intimidating. I'm sure the stands will be full and the horns will be aplenty! If Henry doesn't lose the battle of turnovers, I would think that Henry will be moving on to the next round. I

Nice breakdown visionaire. I'm not sure what HC's plans are to battle East, but I completely agree with you on the last part. kwc seems to feel that what East has seen at Whitehaven or White Station games will have them prepared. I think playing in Paris at Patriot Stadium is a whole other type of atmosphere than one that is full with a big band playing the full game. I too think that Henry County has to eliminate turnovers and cause them, all the while winning the special teams. Going to be a big night in Patriot Stadium! Can't wait! Is it Friday yet?!?!?

Go Big RED!!!

What kind of crowd will East bring? I am hoping they bring a big one and make for a great atmosphere.

We will win this by no less than 21 points although I really it will be more like 28. We will NOT be tested again until 2014. This side of the state is weak and the other side isn't much better. We are the class of the state and unless we just have an off night along the way, we will win our second state title in four weeks.

Easy to sput out predictions w/o any analysis; you have made this statement countless times this year alone and have been wrong 2-3 time already, the % says you will probably be wrong again. I believe HC wins this game but not by 21, it will be a tough game.....