Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

The Wildcat O-Line will be fine with Chapman, Kasner, Flemming, and Verner. Give them a little time working together this spring and summer and they won't miss a beat. Jones, Rowe and Allison in the backfield will be a stable of RB's that will be very hard to stop. Keep them rotating in and fresh and the pounding will never stop. Fadnek will be the QB coming out of Spring. After a season in the system and a big off season of training you'll have no doubt about Fadnek leading the Wildcats for the next two years. With receivers like Bonds, Higgins, Mitchell to catch the football down field the Wildcats offense will be explosive this season when you put it all together. The defense worries me a little after losing guys like Boston and Alvarez  but I believe Coach Minor will have the D flying to the ball come August.

Flying to the ball is good, but you have got to hit somebody when you get there.  We have to be more physical.  The freshman team knew how to dish out some punishment.  That group is very aggressive.  I think we can have a good season if we can build some depth in the trenches. 

SS, don't forget about big 52.  We need him to contribute on d-line

Edited by ORidgeKat

Flying to the ball is good, but you have got to hit somebody when you get there.  We have to be more physical.  The freshman team knew how to dish out some punishment.  That group is very aggressive.  I think we can have a good season if we can build some depth in the trenches. 

SS, don't forget about big 52.  We need him to contribute on d-line

Amen. I have looked at the positions filled by returning starters trying to figure where some of next years sophs will land and how many will play. That bunch understands the importance of the second and third hit to cause turnovers and intimidate the opponent. I think the competition to keep jobs will do nothing but help. Play the game and hit with bad intentions or ride the bench. Need to find a few senior leaders.

#52 was listed as 6'2 245 last year. Watched him play rec. league basketball last week. Good athlete for a big guy. Just needs to work hard and get ready to contribute.

Edited by OR nole

The money for the turf has been raised through private donations.  The money is there.  But then again it took them two years to put up the new scoreboard, after it was purchased for them.  So, you never know. 

I have heard the rennovations to Blankenship's pressbox and locker room are being tied to the restoration grant for Jackson Square. 

So, this could all be done without the help of the school board. 

The money for the turf has been raised through private donations.  The money is there.  But then again it took them two years to put up the new scoreboard, after it was purchased for them.  So, you never know. 

I have heard the rennovations to Blankenship's pressbox and locker room are being tied to the restoration grant for Jackson Square. 

So, this could all be done without the help of the school board. 

It's the darn Administration again.. You tell em Rally

It's the darn Administration again.. You tell em Rally

Here's my take on it. Basketball got the new gym and the school got a multi million dollar overhaul but football (Blankenship) got nothing. Who's fault is that? Is the fans fault? Is it the coach's fault? Is the player's fault? Is it the city's fault? Is it the school administration's fault? I honsetly don't know but I see MANY schools in East TN getting millions of dollars for scoreboards with video, turf fields, new bleachers, etc.