Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

Why blow it? Why not follow the lead of D-B, Gatlinburg Pittman, Science Hill, and the others and at least begin the process of upgrading our football facility? What's the problem with that? What's YOUR problem with that?

No problem at all. Let's call them tonight and get the construction started tom. Why are they being so tight? We have the dough.. I am on your side bro 

No problem at all. Let's call them tonight and get the construction started tom. Why are they being so tight? We have the dough.. I am on your side bro

Then make the call. They have the money to get something done but I agree with bounder that it will be mostly privately funded. Our school administration and most fans apparently have little or no interest in improvements.

I went to a QB Club meeting before the season started and Gaddis and company said we would be getting turf this upcoming year. Now, I don't know if that will withstand, but that's what they said. Also said they would be working real hard to make improvements to the stadium as a whole. Just be patient is what I would recommend. Rome wasn't built in one day, as the saying goes.

Then make the call. They have the money to get something done but I agree with bounder that it will be mostly privately funded. Our school administration and most fans apparently have little or no interest in improvements.

One thing to consider is that the money we collect for the school syst... is from sales tax revenue..

Now, it is hard to compete with Sevier county..I mean we have  3 Dollar General stores...and about 16 Mexican restaurants ....However, Big Ed's is trying  to hold up their end by charging $80.00 for a large Pizza and a coke..    I just called the two teachers that were laid off last year and told them that we were not laid off. You can imagine the reaction that I received.

Edited by bladerunner

One thing to consider is that the money we collect for the school syst... is from sales tax revenue..

Now, it is hard to compete with Sevier county..I mean we have  3 Dollar General stores...and about 16 Mexican restaurants ....However, Big Ed's is trying  to hold up their end by charging $80.00 for a large Pizza and a coke..    I just called the two teachers that were laid off last year and told them that we were not laid off. You can imagine the reaction that I received.

Lol. That's actually hilarious. But what you need to tell them is that while they were laid off, twice as many teachers were hired, and you'd be telling them the truth this time.