Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

You know if he wants to make the transfer for all the right reasons than so be it, but please understand there are some hard feelings right now because of what he did last year. I know the kid has the ability to play I just hope het gets all the other stuff straight with the guys before he steps on the field. He must realize that this team is just that... a good, close bunch of guys that have great chemistry and do NOT want one person coming in and messing the entire deal up. We had some of that last year and Da*n sure don't need it again. If he can live with that then so be it.

I completely understand the ill will felt towards him from oak ridge. Many of his actions last year were unacceptable and I let him know how I felt. He seems to have a better understanding of how a person with his opportunities is supposed to act. He is not a regular 17 year old and I think he gets that now. I really hope he can get his act together before it's too late. Good luck to oak ridge this season.

Good deal,NU.. I would rather lose every game than to have An "Albert Haynesworth" type on my team. 

You know if he wants to make the transfer for all the right reasons than so be it, but please understand there are some hard feelings right now because of what he did last year. I know the kid has the ability to play I just hope het gets all the other stuff straight with the guys before he steps on the field. He must realize that this team is just that... a good, close bunch of guys that have great chemistry and do NOT want one person coming in and messing the entire deal up. We had some of that last year and Da*n sure don't need it again. If he can live with that then so be it.

This is all news to me but what do you expect Gaddis to do? Do you expect him to tell the kid he can't play at OR because he acted bad at Powell?

That's going to be a touchy issue for sure especially after all that has happened with Woods at Clinton this week. Middleton will definitely have to make a change of address and be cleared from Powell with a complete release and believe you me, there WILL be several schools and the TSSAA watching to see what takes place. I also know there are some harsh feelings towards Middleton because of the pregame things that happened last year at the Powell game. Not that they can't be overcome, I just know there are some unhappy campers at this time that do not want their team chemistry messed with right now. These guys have an unreal bond with each other and a team goal to be playing the first week in December and any drama is not welcome.

RWR !!!!

What makes everybody think he's coming to OR?

I know his reputation but he is not a bad kid and 3 coaches in 3 years didn't give him the type of stability a kid like him needs.

That's a cop out, FHSA.  EVERY player at Powell had 3 coaches in 3 years, yet they didn't all get booted from the football team 3 times and by two different basketball coaches.  Blaming the coaches is an easy thing to do, but it's just not accurate. 

Sometimes one just needs to look in the mirror to see where the problem is. 

This is all news to me but what do you expect Gaddis to do? Do you expect him to tell the kid he can't play at OR because he acted bad at Powell?

Not at all Cats...Coach Gaddis did talk with him the other night and if I'm him I would love to have a team full of middleton sized kids but he has to know that for things to work out for him he's got to be all in as a team member and have the common goal the guys now have. Truthfully I hope the kid gets it together and makes something of himself but all we have to go on now is past history.

RWR !!!!

Not at all Cats...Coach Gaddis did talk with him the other night and if I'm him I would love to have a team full of middleton sized kids but he has to know that for things to work out for him he's got to be all in as a team member and have the common goal the guys now have. Truthfully I hope the kid gets it together and makes something of himself but all we have to go on now is past history.

RWR !!!!

I was told by somebody very close to him that Coach Gaddis hasn't heard from the Middletons yet, but of course he can't talk to them about playing football at Oak Ridge until they are actually enrolled at Oak Ridge, and according to one of the Middleton brothers they are still enrolled at Powell as of this morning, but neither of them are currently part of the football team.  Coach Gaddis talking to them about playing football at Oak Ridge before they are enrolled would be a TSSAA violation. 

That said, it is my belief that they will end up in Oak Ridge at some point before all is said and done.  Exactly when, I am not sure, but that is where all signs are pointing right now. 

Edited by HTV

I was told by somebody very close to him that Coach Gaddis hasn't heard from the Middletons yet, but of course he can't talk to them about playing football at Oak Ridge until they are actually enrolled at Oak Ridge, and according to one of the Middleton brothers they are still enrolled at Powell as of this morning, but neither of them are currently part of the football team.  Coach Gaddis talking to them about playing football at Oak Ridge before they are enrolled would be a TSSAA violation. 

That said, it is my belief that they will end up in Oak Ridge at some point before all is said and done.  Exactly when, I am not sure, but that is where all signs are pointing right now. 

HTV, Middleton was at practice Tuesday evening just watching. I know Coach Gaddis just said hello to him and that was about the extent of the conversation. Who knows where this will all end up ????

This is quite an interesting development if it's true. It's just very hard for me to believe it. If he is still enrolled at Powell today then my bet is that he stays at Powell and all of this speculation is for nothing.

HTV, Middleton was at practice Tuesday evening just watching. I know Coach Gaddis just said hello to him and that was about the extent of the conversation. Who knows where this will all end up ????

Which is entirely possible.  I talked to my source in the late afternoon yesterday.

Irregardless, Coach Gaddis knows the rules.  I'm sure he's not going to do anything to risk an issue. 

This is quite an interesting development if it's true. It's just very hard for me to believe it. If he is still enrolled at Powell today then my bet is that he stays at Powell and all of this speculation is for nothing.

Darel is not going to play at Powell this year.  Solid source indicates that he was dismissed from the team for the year. 

Edited by HTV