Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

I played under a lot of the Fulton coaches and in my honest opinion they know how to handle kids like darel a little better than Powell coaches. We have players with his type of attitude every year but when a player feels like an odd man he won't be comfortable going to a coach or player before he acts out. I'm a little biased being that he is family, and he may as well had the same results at Fulton because Robbie doesn't tolerate some of the actions that he has been involved in. Like I said I think Fulton would have had a little more support system than Powell kind of like the cowboys are with Dez Bryant. No excuses though I know he was wrong at Powell and I'm not blaming the coaches I'm just saying the carousel couldn't have helped.

That's fine.  No offense intended, but you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.  It's not going to do much good to point out the inconsistencies in what you just posted.  You've already got your mind made up that the problem has been Powell High and the coaches he's played under.  Rational and reasonable discussion isn't going to do much good here.

Done on this issue.  I really do hope the kid gets it together and becomes a great football player and even better person, wherever he might end up. 

It's an easy question for anyone to answer. If he hasn't attended school a single day at his new school, what rules has he broken? The question is simple. Do you punish a guy at your school for something he did at another school before you even knew him?

I see ,cats.. Kind of like a criminal thatl travels from state to state Edited by bladerunner

At least you will answer the question. I'll admit that I'm worried if he really comes to OR but I'm not sure how you punish a guy for something you "heard" that he did at a different school. Even if he got in trouble at another school, do you really say he can't play because of something he did at another school?

I answered it, Cats.. He would not be welcome on my team

It's an easy question for anyone to answer. If he hasn't attended school a single day at his new school, what rules has he broken? The question is simple. Do you punish a guy at your school for something he did at another school before you even knew him?

Actually it isn't up to any new school whether or not a student is eligible to participate because of disciplinary issues at their former school. If a student is under discipline at their former school, then they are ineligible for twelve months or until the disciplinary charges have been removed by the former school, whichever is less.

Edited by ThreeTechnique

Thats a GREAT question because it seems to me that TSSAA is doing exactly that to Jaylond Woods at Clinton for doing far less than Middleton did at Powell......I believe all kids should have a chance at a Fresh start, but I don't think TSSAA believes in that.

Thats a GREAT question because it seems to me that TSSAA is doing exactly that to Jaylond Woods at Clinton for doing far less than Middleton did at Powell......I believe all kids should have a chance at a Fresh start, but I don't think TSSAA believes in that.

I agree. Unless he has committed a heinous crime the kid should be given a second chance at a fresh start and I would say that even if the possibility of him coming to OR didn't exist. As big of a guy as he is and he is a full grown man he is still 16, 17 years old and we don't have a clue what his home life has been like his whole life, nor do we anyone else. I will tell you one thing, if the guy can keep his head on straight and be a responsible young man and dedicate himself he has the talent that will take him beyond college ball imo. It's all a matter of how bad he wants it. I hope for his sake wherever he ends up he straightens up because like the Fulton poster said that knows him I sure would hate to see him waste all of that talent and he has a plethora of talent.

Edited by SweetScience

I agree. Unless he has committed a heinous crime the kid should be given a second chance at a fresh start and I would say that even if the possibility of him coming to OR didn't exist. As big of a guy as he is and he is a full grown man he is still 16, 17 years old and we don't have a clue what his home life has been like his whole life, nor do we anyone else. I will tell you one thing, if the guy can keep his head on straight and be a responsible young man and dedicate himself he has the talent that will take him beyond college ball imo. It's all a matter of how bad he wants it. I hope for his sake wherever he ends up he straightens up because like the Fulton poster said that knows him I sure would hate to see him waste all of that talent and he has a plethora of talent.

I was at practice tonight and I didn't see the kid from Powell. I doubt he's coming at all. But if he does you're right in what you say. BR and a few others think that we should ban him from OR if he comes here. What's he done exactly? I haven't heard anyone say. All I know is you people who want to condemn him at OR for getting kicked off the Powell football team are stupid.  I don't think he's coming here at all anyway and I don't even care. But those of you out there who are saints are better than the rest of us, me for sure. You're really pure and angelic.... talking about a 16 or 17 year old. Disgusting

I was at practice tonight and I didn't see the kid from Powell. I doubt he's coming at all. But if he does you're right in what you say. BR and a few others think that we should ban him from OR if he comes here. What's he done exactly? I haven't heard anyone say. All I know is you people who want to condemn him at OR for getting kicked off the Powell football team are stupid.  I don't think he's coming here at all anyway and I don't even care. But those of you out there who are saints are better than the rest of us, me for sure. You're really pure and angelic.... talking about a 16 or 17 year old. Disgusting

I agree. Although I do think if he ends up anywhere it will be with us. They say where their is smoke their is fire and their has been a lot of smoke regarding him coming to OR for awhile now. I think the Fulton poster is really in the know about it all. If anyone would know it would be a member of the kids own family and he is. He knows too much for it to sound like a bs story imo. Other than that I agree with everything you say.

And mostly from what I understand he skipped practices at Powell and got into it with the football coach a few times, but that's all hearsay from what I have read. When he was on the basketball team he skipped out for a prolonged period of time. It's not like the kid is an evil person and has committed any heinous acts. Who knows what is going on and has gone on in the kids life for him to do those things. It obviously would seem to me like he hasn't had a lot of good discipline in his home life and although it isn't right I can't say some of the things I would've done in my life if i hadn't of had good parents who gave me good direction. Not saying his parents are bad or whoever is in control of him, but it's awfully shallow of us that don't even know the kid to place any judgment of any kind on him whatsoever.

Edited by SweetScience

I agree. Although I do think if he ends up anywhere it will be with us. They say where their is smoke their is fire and their has been a lot of smoke regarding him coming to OR for awhile now. I think the Fulton poster is really in the know about it all. If anyone would know it would be a member of the kids own family and he is. He knows too much for it to sound like a bs story imo. Other than that I agree with everything you say.

I don't know where I've been or what I've been doing but I haven't heard this until today. At least I'm not talking about our lack of breakaway speed!  LOL

And mostly from what I understand he skipped practices at Powell and got into it with the football coach a few times, but that's all hearsay from what I have read. When he was on the basketball team he skipped out for a prolonged period of time. It's not like the kid is an evil person and has committed any heinous acts.

I agree. Maybe he's not a fit at Powell and maybe not at OR either, but I just don't understand the thinking that says "since he skipped practice at Powell, or got in trouble at Powell and got kicked off"....then he's not allowed to go out for the team at OR or wherever else he may go.