Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

On a side note, I wonder if you could put an game attendance value to a player. I wonder how many grandmas, aunts, uncles, neighbors, and family friends will come see little Johnny play football or even wear the uniform in warm-ups. Maybe some people will go the game just because their friends are starting to come back. Just maybe the coach's efforts to involve the community will pay off.  Let's see....$6.00 ticket, maybe a soda or two, lots more noise. The player and the family feel apart of something special. All the locals tell there is nothing like walking down the steps. Win some games and it gets even better.

I'm thrilled to see the rise in the size of the roster, the rise in game attendance, the increase in booster money,corporate contributions, and all the things that come with it.

The last coach was a very, very good coach. I personally loved his disciplined approach and would have been very happy to have my son play for him. But this thing now is so much better.

Nole, I think you are right on. It's about to get really fun again. We have got a roster full of great kids that are willing to work for it. I think it will pay off in the next few years. Optimism and enthusiasm are contagious. I think we have a chance to have a very good team next year and even better the year after that. Looks like we will be getting DC, the voice of the Cats back too. I can't wait for spring practice. When does that start Nole?

Edited by ORidgeKat

I can tell you right now, at least from my perspective, there is no greater feeling than standing at the top of those stairs when they are lined from top to bottom with future wildcats and fans alike just desperately trying to hit their favorite player on the shoulder pads and getting ready to walk down and go to battle with your brothers on a Friday night. I played college ball. I have coached high school ball and have coached at the collegiate level. To me, there is no greater feeling than that. To stand down there on Blankeship Field and look up and see the stands full, the hill full, and people still trying to get in is amazing. That's the atmosphere that brought a mystique to Blakenship and to Oak Ridge football, and going and hanging out at the middle schools and the Boy's Club helps to create that atmosphere. When Boy's Club player gets to know the High School coaches and players on a personal level they want to go to the games. Then their parents come, and then their friends. I can still remember standing on the outside of those steps dreaming of walking down them one day. It meant everything to me back then. That's the feeling we are trying to get back. Can it be done other ways? Of course. But it has worked before. It will work again. Go Cats!

Nole, I think you are right on. It's about to get really fun again. We have got a roster full of great kids that are willing to work for it. I think it will pay off in the next few years. Optimism and enthusiasm are contagious. I think we have a chance to have a very good team next year and even better the year after that. Looks like we will be getting DC, the voice of the Cats back too. I can't wait for spring practice. When does that start Nole?

Don't know about the spring date. I would imagine as late as possible as to get as many track and baseball guys back and carry the momentum into summer.

Something was lost or added in the interpretation of my words.

I wouldn't be concerned with what he says. He's having one of "those" days. If you give Gaddis any credit for ANYTHING, or for that matter if you give ANY coach other than Blade any credit for ANYTHING, he somehow interprets it as an attack on Blade and his sarcasm comes out in full force. The guy has problems.

Get over yourself Cats.. Not everyone on a mess board will agree with you . We get it ------The "Magic  of Gaddis" as you say--- is fantastic.. Does that make you feel better?

My goal is much diff than yours. My goal is to win football games and to beat Anderson County and  Campbell county.

If hanging out at the Elem. Schools will make it happen -so be it.

If talking about yourself in the third person helps.. So be it.   

Edited by bladerunner

It looks like Coach Gaddis has been hanging around the Freshman Basketball team as well. From What I understand they are pretty good.. Does he Coach Basketball too?  

Since I am sure everyone knows you are sincere and just asking questions to help you seek knowledge and be a better informed Wildcat fan, I shall retort. Yes, Coach Gaddis has been hanging around the Freshmen Basketball team. Yes, they are very good. They just finished their undefeated season this week. No, Joe Gaddis does not coach basketball. Aaron Green is the head basketball coach. Jeremy Carringer and Dyron Birdwell are his assistants.

Happy to help answer questions for a Wildcat fan.

Edited by OR nole