Who takes over at Chatt Central?

tistheseason

Barger 1-9, 3-7, 6-5. I'm pretty sure. Barger had kids like dee hart Hubbard and young vonn bell, and barger had less athletes?

I believe Von Bell was with Montgomery. I think Hubbard left in Allen's 1st  year. He transferred from Allen in his sophomore year after scrimmaging and summer practice to Ridgeland  Hubbard was a freshman with Montgomery

Stan you may be right on the record. Look Barger went 6-5 and then Coach Montgomery went 6-5 and that was  2 straight years of playoffs. Talent was there at Central but for some reason or another it did not come about with Allen. Why I do not know. The players just did not develop.  That is why this search is important. We will find out in January. Stan, I am with you. This hire is important.

Stan, I agree with you and all you say. Your stats are probably right .This  hire is  one here could determine the fortunes of this football team from here on . It is important for the team and I also think the school. I just wish more alumni and parents and supporters would speak to the principal about this hire. It would show they care and  also get more support behind the team. Anyway Stan u are right. More need to show their concern to the principal. Enough of these other teams winning when we have more talent out there.

2013, 5-6 playoffs 1st round

2012, 2-8

2011, 3-7

2010, 6-5 playoffs 1st round

2009, 5-6 playoffs 1st round

2008, 1-9

2007, 3-7

2006, 2-8

2005, 2-8

2004, 2-8

2003, 8-4 playoffs 2nd round

9 out of the last 10 years with more losses than wins

Other playoff years- 1997, 1996

Last 26 years = 6 years in playoffs

So many athletes, so little playoffs! These are my points!

When do we stop blaming the coaching and try to figure out the real reasons for not winning? You have to go back to '86 before Central makes it to the third round. 26 years of bad coaching, I really don't think so! Where does the real problem lie?

Just because there are athletes, don't mean they are football players. Number 7 in my opinion was the only athlete that played hard every game I saw.

Edited by Stanthepounderman

Stan, I can just say what you have said this hire is important. They have got to get this one right. They can not hire a person just to hire one. A deep thorough process has to be done. Probing questions to ask yes. Maybe the committee is or has been asking those questions. We do not know? What is their thinking? We do not know. YOU HAVE SOME LOGICAL THOUGHTS. I think you need to talk to the principal. Show him your data. Ask the questions of him and maybe that have already done this. He will answer. The 2 alumni on this committee will have a great influence also. I think u may know who they both are. As a matter of fact I think several Central people on this board know who they are. Stan, you have a right to give your input to the principal and he will acknowledge you. You are an alumni and have a concern.

pounder1, letting mr king know about all the kids getting hardships to transfer is useless....yes, he is suppose to sign the waiver and is doing his best to prevent that from happening,,,,,,but the parents are over riding him on the issue and going straight to the board and raising heck until they just trump mr king.    as for the success,  student athletes are not what they use to be back in the day.  these kids could care less about hard work, dedication, pride or any other trait it takes to be sucessfull in football.  THEY JUST DONT CARE, and it stems from the home.  THEY JUST DONT HAVE HEART...as a whole.  yes there are some but not many...it takes more than 5 or 6.  so im with STAN on this one.  people cant keep blaming coaches when a 26 yr history of coaches produces the same outcome.   we are like an Inner City School just thrown out in the Outer Limits of that City.  there is no sence of COMMUNITY....we have kids from all over this town.