Who takes over at Chatt Central?

tistheseason

Would Finley hire a Head Coach that is not looking to teach? I know several guys that have plenty of experience and know football as much as anyone but just have know desire to be in the classroom day in and day out. ??? Would he consider someone in that situation who was willing to make a long term commitment to the Central kids, and community??

Would Finley hire a Head Coach that is not looking to teach? I know several guys that have plenty of experience and know football as much as anyone but just have know desire to be in the classroom day in and day out. ??? Would he consider someone in that situation who was willing to make a long term commitment to the Central kids, and community??

I don't think it is Finley's decision to make.  I don't think the HCDE would hire someone to just coach, and not teach.  The coaches at Signal are required to teach five periods a day, and they ain't just teachin' PE.

Georgia coaches have it made. It's a different game down there. Always has been. They play by a different set of rules. That's why the state produces some of the best football talent in the country because with more pay and more coaches equals better product on the field. TN is a poor state. Good to see mid state talent picking up. Mostly due to all the former NFL players that coach at private schools. They get the most out of kids. Chattanooga area has as much if not more athletes but with the pay so low and nobody funding schools you have a lot of talent fall in between the cracks. It's a shame honestly. I'm just keeping it real

Edited by TyroneBiggums

Finley would not and I wouldn't want that myself either. Coaches need to be in the school day in day out. They can watch players more closely that way.

Question then to you. Was Coach Carter getting a football assistant coaching supplement then? I really like coach Carter. I am sure coach Cook was also. I am sure Coach Eller was. What about the JV I know they had 3 coaches. Were any of them getting supplements. What not let the 3 that were on JV help with the varsity. If you have a ninth grade team do the coaches get paid for that? Questions I would like answers for. That's a total of 6 coaches . Could be seven if Carter was not getting a football supplement and could use that supplement for another ####'t if another person would volunteer that would be 8.. Edited by Pounder1

Dunn Craig and Cliff got paid nothing. Carter Cook and Eller were paid. If they got extra for coaching I can't answer that. I'm not sure.

Yes I am sure Cook and Eller got a supplement for football. Carter also scheduled to get his baseball coaching supplement. Was Carter a volunteer football coach?If so he received nothing.

There are a couple of teaching positions that coaches could fit in at the school. One is a ISS person who was hired this year and is on faculty status. Another position that could be for assistants is an older gentleman who I think could retire within this school year. He has something to do about college and helping kids for college. This is a faculty position. There are was to make things to happen. If they want a coach a position can be found for one.