SHOULD COACH CLARK STEP DOWN ... "KINGSPORT DB"

kingindian33

I don't post a whole lot, especially here in this forum.  I'm not DB homer or Maryville one either.  I feel like it's tough to judge a coach based on not beating Maryville.  If you fired every coach that loses to Maryville, every coach in the state would be fired.  They beat everybody, every year.  Seriously, when's the last time a team not named Maryville has gone to the state from East Tennessee in their classification?  Morristown West back in 04 or 05?  There are a lot of quality coaches with quality programs that lose to Maryville on a yearly basis---regular season and playoffs.  Now if you want to judge Clark on some of the other playoff downfalls, by all means, do that.  But I feel it's a little unfair to bash him for not coming through and beating Maryville.

Im not judging clark on his wins vs Maryville.BATMAN,You've made me do alittle thinking and posting things like this on an open web site is DISRESPECTFUL to Coach Clark his Staff and the DB program and the City of Kingsport.And having said that I APOLOGIZE to all.Just wanting to see more at DB and know they can.Looking for another good year.ROL TRIBE ROLL!!!

Carolina,I was wrong one time and found out later that I was wrong about that......Really though,we all want a championship and it's just human nature to get fired up and say things.I can't repeat all the stuff I wish I hadn't said or wrote.The worst on here was probably when someone wrote that DB had no good kids and they all done drugs.Even though they were just trying to get a rise,it still caused me to go way to far.That's not a good thing when my first screen name was my real name and I changed it to Batman as a joke.Roll Tribe !

If winning games is the ONLY criteria, then yes, he should step down.   (Winning here would refer to playoff games, not the reg season.     DB will always run thru the Big 7 like a knife thru hot butter.......)       But could it be that there is more to high school football than just winning?     What about the values of teamwork, discipline, exercise, etc. that are taught and embraced by the young men on the team every year, doesn't that count for anything?????

I don't post a whole lot, especially here in this forum. I'm not DB homer or Maryville one either. I feel like it's tough to judge a coach based on not beating Maryville. If you fired every coach that loses to Maryville, every coach in the state would be fired. They beat everybody, every year. Seriously, when's the last time a team not named Maryville has gone to the state from East Tennessee in their classification? Morristown West back in 04 or 05? There are a lot of quality coaches with quality programs that lose to Maryville on a yearly basis---regular season and playoffs. Now if you want to judge Clark on some of the other playoff downfalls, by all means, do that. But I feel it's a little unfair to bash him for not coming through and beating Maryville.

this