SHOULD COACH CLARK STEP DOWN ... "KINGSPORT DB"

kingindian33

I know i have already said this before but I will say it again. You cant really call a season or a team a failure just because they fail to win a state championship. Only one team will ultimately hoist the trophy in December.... A lot of good or even great teams will be eliminated before the finals.. It takes more than hardwork, dedication, teamwork, talent, and good coaching to win it all.... IMO it usually comes down to luck... By luck i mean can a team make it through the regular season and playoffs without losing key players to injury? Injuries just happen and a key injury or two can devastate a team. It also comes down to match-ups and seedings... A team that could have cruised to the state title might get eliminated in the first round if they get an unfavorable match-up. I think DB fans should be proud of their team because it could be alot worse.

First,I'll agree that " Depth" has been a problem at DB.On some of the other things however I'll say this.DB came from the Big East conference and didn't want to be where they are.They were the beast of the east and made several deep trips into the playoffs.Greeneville is getting it done in an even weaker conference.I think DB can do the same with the right amount of great players.2012 wasn't that long ago and I think DB was as good as most 6A teams that year when they lost in the 3ed round to Maryville.This is what coacht is made for.We are not going to all agree on every little thing. I do think it can be done for DB but it will take some great players and lots of them AT THE RIGHT TIME.

BATMAN,I understand DB didn't want to be in this CONF.But they are and have about 5 to 6 games to add DEPTH.And to the other folks making comments,I for one am not putting down coach clark and his staff and know that it could be worse.But theres a time when you have to step back and look at the big picture,I understand MARYVILLE is on another level than most if not all of the other 6A schools.But theres no reason why they should be running over everyone like they do and only get tested in the title game and sometimes vs Alcoa.I think a lot of it is mind wise.Other teams are beaten by MARYVILLE before they even play the game.I think with the talent in Kingsport that DB can be on there level easy.You have schools like SOUTH and NORTH and a lot of there players don't want to play or go to DB because of playing time.Thats were DEPTH comes in.Make DB a place were players and students want to come play and be part of a top notch program.If that means getting another head coach or coaches then make it happen.DB has had some teams that were more than able to win a state title.And NO its not about STATE TITLES,But when youre going 10-0 and 9-1 year after year then you need to look at the coaching.And ask what are they doing or not doing.Its not about STATE TITLES but in the end it is.When youre having teams that can do it.Its hard for me to believe that the talent in Blount county is that much better than Sullivan county.DB has the fanebase and the support from the community.There playing in a top notch stadium and has a college like band and a A+ fanebase that travels very well.All the pieces are there to bring STATE TITLES back to Kingsport.SO when do you start holding the coaching staff accountable?Cause to me,thats the only thing I see and the reason why there not bring STATE TITLES homes.Clark can have a 200-20 overall record,But if most of his wins are vs sub par teams and he is 5-20 vs the taems like Maryville and other good teams,Then to men it looks like his overall record is tainted alittle.Hes suppost to beat the SCentrals,DBoone,DCrockett,SSouth,SHill,THigh,Volunteer,But weres the wins vs MARYVILLE and other top schools.Thats were they fall short.Theres a time were you have to have CHANGE.And if he loves DB so much then he needs to step back and maybe step down and let someone else give it a try.Its a chance you take,But it would be hard for me to believe that if he steped down that the DB program would just fall apart.And if it did then id be the first to say it was never a TRUE TOP NOTCH PROGRAM anyway.Kingsport and Sullivan County has to many good players for me to think that would happen.Alot of it is no one wants to see him gone,Hes a great person and has some of the best one liners ive ever seen.But he has to be held accountable sometime or another.DB did have a program before he was hired didn't he.Clark should know that new blood is needed and something or someone to jump start this program.Cause I think Carter at SHill has beaten DB and Clark now and know they can do it and what it takes.Hes going to leave one day any how,he should do it soon and save face instead of putting DB behind the 8 ball.Again this is what I think agree or disagree.

Clark can have a 200-20 overall record,But if most of his wins are vs sub par teams and he is 5-20 vs the taems like Maryville and other good teams,Then to men it looks like his overall record is tainted alittle.Hes suppost to beat the SCentrals,DBoone,DCrockett,SSouth,SHill,THigh,Volunteer,But weres the wins vs MARYVILLE and other top schools.Thats were they fall short.Theres a time were you have to have CHANGE.And if he loves DB so much then he needs to step back and maybe step down and let someone else give it a try.Its a chance you take,But it would be hard for me to believe that if he steped down that the DB program would just fall apart.And if it did then id be the first to say it was never a TRUE TOP NOTCH PROGRAM anyway.

I'll take this part of your post and give my thoughts on it.I'll take what coach Clark and his staff have done for many years during the regular seasons.Would I like to beat more teams like Maryville during the playoffs,{SURE}.So would a lot of teams in the state.A lot of teams would like to win the regular season games like DB as well. Is there a better coaching staff out there that is ready to take over at DB ? I don't know.Is there a whole lot of crap coaches and staffs that could take over ?  ,YES.Dobyns Bennett is a top notch school and has a great football program. Could it be better,sure.Could it be a whole lot worse,most definitely.

I'll take this part of your post and give my thoughts on it.I'll take what coach Clark and his staff have done for many years during the regular seasons.Would I like to beat more teams like Maryville during the playoffs,{SURE}.So would a lot of teams in the state.A lot of teams would like to win the regular season games like DB as well. Is there a better coaching staff out there that is ready to take over at DB ? I don't know.Is there a whole lot of crap coaches and staffs that could take over ?  ,YES.Dobyns Bennett is a top notch school and has a great football program. Could it be better,sure.Could it be a whole lot worse,most definitely.

That's the problem batman,folks are content with what DB has now by being the best in NE TENN.GREAT FOOTBALL PROGRAMS expect more.MARYVILLE for one has the mind set of anything less than a STATE TITLE is a bad season.And until DB gets that way all there ever going to be is claiming being the top dog in NE TENN and with GREENEVILLE doing what there doing and SHill coming on like they are,There going to get tested for that spot.Nobody outside of NE TENN looks at DB as a TITLE contender.From what ive seen since ive been here is DB's fans are content with the 8,9,10 win seasons and a 1st,2nd and rarely 3rd round playoff games.But no state titles.We can go back and forth all day about if it would be good or bad if clark steped down.But its the chance you take.If there investing all this money into the stadium and program then there needs to be some results.When is it time to say,ALRIGHT ITS TIME TO STEP IT UP AND START SHOWING THE REST OF THE STATE THAT DB IS A REAL TITLE CONTENDER?..To me as a person coming into this program and sees it could do a lot more its just ashame that everyone is just content with what they have when I see it could be a lot better.But I guess no one wants to hurt anyones feelings.We couldn't have that.It would be ashame.DB has a diamond and it needs to be treated like one,all they have to offer im sure they would find a lot of coaches even out of state that would jump at the chance to give it a shot.Dont you agree that clark has had his chances?Bring in new blood,But I guess the folks of Kingsport and DB owe clark something.If he feels for DB the way people say he does then he would understand and want that to happen.AGREE or DISAGREE!!!!!

That's the problem batman,folks are content with what DB has now by being the best in NE TENN.GREAT FOOTBALL PROGRAMS expect more.MARYVILLE for one has the mind set of anything less than a STATE TITLE is a bad season.And until DB gets that way all there ever going to be is claiming being the top dog in NE TENN and with GREENEVILLE doing what there doing and SHill coming on like they are,There going to get tested for that spot.Nobody outside of NE TENN looks at DB as a TITLE contender.From what ive seen since ive been here is DB's fans are content with the 8,9,10 win seasons and a 1st,2nd and rarely 3rd round playoff games.But no state titles.We can go back and forth all day about if it would be good or bad if clark steped down.But its the chance you take.If there investing all this money into the stadium and program then there needs to be some results.When is it time to say,ALRIGHT ITS TIME TO STEP IT UP AND START SHOWING THE REST OF THE STATE THAT DB IS A REAL TITLE CONTENDER?..To me as a person coming into this program and sees it could do a lot more its just ashame that everyone is just content with what they have when I see it could be a lot better.But I guess no one wants to hurt anyones feelings.We couldn't have that.It would be ashame.DB has a diamond and it needs to be treated like one,all they have to offer im sure they would find a lot of coaches even out of state that would jump at the chance to give it a shot.Dont you agree that clark has had his chances?Bring in new blood,But I guess the folks of Kingsport and DB owe clark something.If he feels for DB the way people say he does then he would understand and want that to happen.AGREE or DISAGREE!!!!!

My first loyalty is to my kids and then to the school they go to.The Dobyns Bennett and Robinson middle school coaches have always been fair and done right by my kids and I think been great coaches as well as good men for my kids to be around.When that changes and only when that changes,will I ever turn against any of these coaches.Many of the players read this stuff and the last thing they should ever do is not respect or give any coach or his staff their best effort,{ unless there is a really good reason } .If not winning the state was that reason,then there would only be a handful of coaches left in the state.

My first loyalty is to my kids and then to the school they go to.The Dobyns Bennett and Robinson middle school coaches have always been fair and done right by my kids and I think been great coaches as well as good men for my kids to be around.When that changes and only when that changes,will I ever turn against any of these coaches.Many of the players read this stuff and the last thing they should ever do is not respect or give any coach or his staff their best effort,{ unless there is a really good reason } .If not winning the state was that reason,then there would only be a handful of coaches left in the state.

It doesn't have anything to do with respecting the coaches.Im not sayin there bad people or bad coaches,Im sayin its time the mindset at DB gets fired up like the ones in MARYVILLE and now GREENEVILLE and a few others.And yea,There is a lot of good football programs in Tennessee that don't win STATE TITLES,But DB donesnt have to be one of them when they could be a TITLE winner like MARYVILLE.Tell me,Is the TALENT in BLOUNT COUNTY that much better than SULLIVAN COUNTY and KINGSPORT?..I just don't see it.And for the fact that you said the coaches have been nothing but good to youre kids and the other players is GREAT.But you cant tell me youre kids didn't want to win a title,everyone does that plays sports.Thats why you play.And im not saying if DB got a new coach that STATE TITLE BANNERS would be won,Im sayin clark has been there and givin it his best and couldn't get it done,Im sayin give someone else a chance.You can WHATIF all day.But I can say WHATIF having new blood brings titles and a better shot at winning one.Im not sayin nothing BAD about the coaching staff at DB,And not sayin there not good guys.I cant be the only one that feels that way.And deep down you know im right.Move CLARK to the AD,That's when COACH CLARK could have input on the next coach.Not hiring within,Looking around all of Tennessee and even out of state.With what DB has to offer,STADIUM,BAND,FANBASE and COMMUNITY SUPPORT you and I both know they could bring in a GREAT COACH and STAFF with new blood and a new look.To me its like DB is like a old town with a lot of old folks that don't want anything to change.No MALL,WALMART,WALGREENS,NEW STORES.They just want to stay the same.Its 2014 and things change bro.Im not sayin run CLARK out of town,Like I said,CLARK at AD would be a perfect fit.And hes still part of the school and PROGRAM!!The PLAYERS need to see a change,Theyve seen this go on for years.DB played good vs MARYVILLE a few years back.But when they got down you could see and feel that they were out of air.And bro I know bringing in a new coach and coaching staff isn't going to mean that DB will win STATE TITLES and beat MARYVILLE.But im also not sayin it want.THEY WANT KNOW IF THEY DONT TRY.AGREE or DISAGREE!!!

Edited by NORTHCAROLINAmanforDB

NCman.If I 100% thought that making a complete change would bring DB a state title in football,I'd say so and be 100% for it.If coach Clark thought the same,I would bet 100% he would step to the side before this is posted on coacht.Would Clark coach make a better AD ? does a bear go in the woods ? Well,to be honest,I've seen bears in the woods but I've never seen them "go in the woods",but I bet they do and coach would probably make a great AD.............NOW ...Myself,I don't think DB has been getting the bang for the bucks with our weight program.Before that is put square on the coaches,let's back up to the middle schools.I know at Robinson,they want a weight program but do not have the funds in place to make it happen.We don't have enough DADS that are going the extra mile with their kids to take up that slack either.It has been the same for years.You have boys coming into the program that don't catch up until their in college.Look at Greeneville where I came from and there is one of the big differences starting with the younger kids.My brother told me that several of their 9th graders last year were lifting weights that I know a lot of junior and seniors at DB can't handle.DB has some big boys and have been working hard this year,but we need to get them out of the gate a lot faster.Best example from the last couple of years at DB is TY Hayworth.His dad put in the time and look what a monster and great young man TY has become.

Coaxh clark did not put players in the nfl "look at the nfl and the players that have /are playing from DB"... .....(a good coach makes players better ....) players like foreman and swafford is natural talent especially when they are working out sat night when alll the other kids are out doin what all other kidds do. All the players on a team and a quater of them play will never win a championship ,making the other kids better players and not relying on the 5 or 6 naturaly tallented kids, will bring a title to KINGSPORT DB....a good coach will make talent not rely on the ones that have it already. We need a producer......

Coaxh clark did not put players in the nfl "look at the nfl and the players that have /are playing from DB"... .....(a good coach makes players better ....) players like foreman and swafford is natural talent especially when they are working out sat night when alll the other kids are out doin what all other kidds do. All the players on a team and a quater of them play will never win a championship ,making the other kids better players and not relying on the 5 or 6 naturaly tallented kids, will bring a title to KINGSPORT DB....a good coach will make talent not rely on the ones that have it already. We need a producer......

NCman.If I 100% thought that making a complete change would bring DB a state title in football,I'd say so and be 100% for it.If coach Clark thought the same,I would bet 100% he would step to the side before this is posted on coacht.Would Clark coach make a better AD ? does a bear go in the woods ? Well,to be honest,I've seen bears in the woods but I've never seen them "go in the woods",but I bet they do and coach would probably make a great AD.............NOW ...Myself,I don't think DB has been getting the bang for the bucks with our weight program.Before that is put square on the coaches,let's back up to the middle schools.I know at Robinson,they want a weight program but do not have the funds in place to make it happen.We don't have enough DADS that are going the extra mile with their kids to take up that slack either.It has been the same for years.You have boys coming into the program that don't catch up until their in college.Look at Greeneville where I came from and there is one of the big differences starting with the younger kids.My brother told me that several of their 9th graders last year were lifting weights that I know a lot of junior and seniors at DB can't handle.DB has some big boys and have been working hard this year,but we need to get them out of the gate a lot faster.Best example from the last couple of years at DB is TY Hayworth.His dad put in the time and look what a monster and great young man TY has become.

well said

It's very rare that a young man makes it to the NFL.I'd say the odds are 1 in a million.I'm not going to say any high school coach in the country can take a below average player and make him an NFL talent.I don't think with the NFL numbers however from Dobyns Bennett,that coach Clark and his staff have done a lot of bad to slow those great talents down.There have been a few from DB and even my old school that could have played in the NFL but slowed their own selfs down with some bad  decisions.......Like you said,for DB to win it all,it's going to take a special " team"  and not a small group of great players to put in the time like Foreman, Swafford and a few have on most DB teams.It's going to have to be at the right time as well.I really think the 2012 team would have rolled through the 2007 season or for sure had a better shot without Maryville in 2012.That's what I mean by "the right time".

Batman,You writing post that doesn't make any since.Theres no one say Coach Clark and his Staff are bad people or even BAD coaches.Im sayin hes had his time and now give someone else a chance to come in and see what they can do.And you keep sayin that just if someone new comes in that the program could be worse.That COULD or WOULD mind set will always keep DB down,CONTENT!!!!..That's all it is,And I don't need you to say it or not.Its people like you that think DB owes Clark something.Give the KIDS a chance with someone else to run the program.Clarks time is running out,Hes getting older and by what youre saying is lets keep him on the sidelines until hes 90 years old.NO BODY IS SAYIN THAT CLARK IS A BAD PERSON OR COACH,ALL IM SAYIN IS ITS TIME FOR SOME NEW BLOOD AND SEE IF SOMEONE ELSE CAN GET THE JOB DONE AND BRING SOME TITLES TO KINGSPORT....CONTENT,CONTENT,CONTENT!!!!!!!!...Maybe youre right,Maybe its not coach clark,Im starting to believe maybe its the OLD FANBASE that are CLARKS hands Puppets!!!!..AGREE or DISAGREE!!!!!

Edited by NORTHCAROLINAmanforDB