SHOULD COACH CLARK STEP DOWN ... "KINGSPORT DB"

kingindian33

OK - as a token outsider (who actually does wish for a successful football program at D-B) I'll take the bait and throw out a few names for discussion. Please remember two things here - I'm being VERY "local" in the coaches I'll mention and also I don't think that any of these would an improvement on Clark.

In alphabetical order: Coach Ballard from GHS. Coach Carter from SHHS. Coach Norris from SNHS. Coach Witten from EHS.

Pretty good guesses. You must an insider instead of an outsider. With the exception of Carter. Ballard #1, Whitten #2. Norris has ties to DB. Ballard and the rest of the guys could receive an assistant AD/ Head coach title and make more then anybody can pay.

If anybody knows anymore please keep us posted. This needs to happen in the next week or so if its going to happen at all. ROLL TRIBE

Heard a rumor today that Coach Clark might be heading to Emory & Henry to be offensive coordinator and that he had applied for head coach but didn't get it. Was also give a short list of replacement coaches and a certain local coach was at the top. Guess who?

I havn't heard anything and hope coach stays but " IF" coach leaves,A couple of names above would be strong candidates.DB also has some great coaches on staff that would make top notch head football coaches.

I understand about the history of the Carter - D-B thing but was just tossing around the local names that I thought would be qualified.

91, I'm definitely not a D-B insider but I've either been directly involved with or just know people involved in all of the Kingsport high school football programs and try to support all of them.

I think Norris would do the best job of getting the youth programs integrated with the high school.

I understand about the history of the Carter - D-B thing but was just tossing around the local names that I thought would be qualified.

91, I'm definitely not a D-B insider but I've either been directly involved with or just know people involved in all of the Kingsport high school football programs and try to support all of them.

I think Norris would do the best job of getting the youth programs integrated with the high school.

I don't know coach Norris but have been told nothing but good things about not only him as a coach but the man he is. 

I havn't heard anything and hope coach stays but " IF" coach leaves,A couple of names above would be strong candidates.DB also has some great coaches on staff that would make top notch head football coaches.

Nope. They all need to go. But, its not easy replacing an entire staff. The new coach will have to evaluate them. Can't wait to hear from the Greeneville fans on this.

Nope. They all need to go. But, its not easy replacing an entire staff. The new coach will have to evaluate them. Can't wait to hear from the Greeneville fans on this.

This kind of reminds me of Andy at his desk when he turns his Sheriff sign around and he is now the justice of the peace.I'll take my DB hat off and put on my Greeneville gear before I write the next part.It would be a big move for coach Ballard because he also has a son playing in the Greeneville system and we all know those things can't be done very easy.Old school Greeneville fans for the most part can't stand Dobyns Bennett and this would go a long ways toward taking care of the rest of Greeneville's fan base.If coach Clark really left and Dobyns Bennett and coach Ballard came to terms,then he would be the second person that I've ever met that represented the Devils on Friday nights  and went on to  become a huge DB fan.Either way,I like what DB has from coach Clark on down and it's not up to me.If coach Norris or coach Ballard were to join DB in the future,I would give them the same respect as I do the staff we have in place.Roll Tribe..............Also.I played for some very fine coaches at Greeneville ,coach Sorrells and his staff.One of his assistants  went on to become a legend at Rhea county,coach Bill Horton.Coach Horton told a story of a kid breaking his arm at another school and when he got to the kid,all he wanted to know was did he make the tackle,as coach told it,tears started flowing down his face.A few plays later in our practice,I was about to hit the QB and coach blindsided me !!. He was a great coach with fire and I see the same fire in a lot of the DB coaches as I remember coach Horton having.I really like these guys at DB and I'd love to see several of them at head coaching jobs,but if they stay as assistants and teachers at DB,coach Clark or whoever is the head coach in the future has some very good guys already in place.

Edited by BatmanDB

Last year some of the Oak Ridge guys said that Whitten had applied for the open OR job so he is apparently open to a move or maybe he was just testing the waters. That surprised me because I just figured that brother Jason might help with something to make him staying at EHS desirable since they have family history going back decades over there.

Let's face it. This staff has done nothing to warrant keeping any of them. Sure we've gone to the semi finals a few times but so what. Its about getting to the dance with a shot to win the gold ball. Lots of great Games and wins yes, but that is expected.

Hey, we've spent a ton of money and keep doing it. For what? Another season of let down? Time for new blood. Its time NOW!!!! If you don't agree then you are just happy being a loser. IM NOT!!!! ROLL DAM& TRIBE!!!!!

Let's face it. This staff has done nothing to warrant keeping any of them. Sure we've gone to the semi finals a few times but so what. Its about getting to the dance with a shot to win the gold ball. Lots of great Games and wins yes, but that is expected.

Hey, we've spent a ton of money and keep doing it. For what? Another season of let down? Time for new blood. Its time NOW!!!! If you don't agree then you are just happy being a loser. IM NOT!!!! ROLL DAM& TRIBE!!!!!

I want to see a state title here to,but it's going to take a lot of things including Maryville having an average year at the right time.I think DB is going to have the horses in the next few years but once again will Maryville have bigger horses.Either way,we will both be pulling for the Tribe and I hope neither one of us feels lake a loser while doing it.Roll Tribe

Edited by BatmanDB

bruce you have a dandy memory about all the good times but most db fans can only remember the last decade of disasters that never end you know we have been thru this before and i see that you are one of those people thats holding the program back not helping its like being someone who enables an addict they just keep hoping that things will get better but it only gets worse and everybody else can see your wrong but you can't its time for a new day and with the load of good players coming up a change at coach can expect total support and the db fans will start expecting to win big games again instead of expecting and getting another coach choke after coach choke because of trying to set on a lead and loosing mo and then panic time means choke time db has always been a winner it's time to make a change nothing lasts forever

Edited by CathouseHouse