SHOULD COACH CLARK STEP DOWN ... "KINGSPORT DB"

kingindian33

Maybe the goggles stay on a lot of folks because they are parents of players or former players of GC.

That's probably a fair assessment of myself.Had coach Clark or his staff not treated my son with respect and gave him a fair chance then I probably wouldn't do the same for them.I'm not saying I think the coaches are perfect or walk on water,because nobody does.Could I or the parents of other players done more to have our kids ready before they got to DB," sure".Before I say the next part,I know that all kids are not athletes and can't help that.For those that could be,A lot of parents put it all on our middle and high school coaches to get the job done,but I'll tell you straight up that a lot of kids get to DB and are nowhere near ready because they sit around the house and do nothing but play games on tv.This is for the parents of those kids.If the only thing your kid can lift is a Play station controller and they never do cardio,then don't cry foul when the kid get's his azz run over in 4th quarter mop up duty as a senior.Yes,we can all do a better job.It's going to take work from not only the players and coaches,but the parents and family support has to weigh in as well.

goggles or blinders is the question here most db fans see exactly whats going on with the coaching staff and I don't get it   there is an nra size minority that has all the power and they all have blinders on because of local polititcs and buddies and because they all like going 45 an 5 every 5 years and they are happy being the bid dog in the area and that's sux  jimmy carter was a nice guy he still is he builds houses for charity and does work himself and is a great guy but when you say was he a good leader of the country the answer is that he was awful and couoldnt get it done and he didn't get to keep the prez job he got booted out so he could be a nice guy nothing last forever and its time that somebody else gives it a shot because db should have in the past and should in the next couple of season be the best team not just thru october but into december

goggles or blinders is the question here most db fans see exactly whats going on with the coaching staff and I don't get it   there is an nra size minority that has all the power and they all have blinders on because of local polititcs and buddies and because they all like going 45 an 5 every 5 years and they are happy being the bid dog in the area and that's sux  jimmy carter was a nice guy he still is he builds houses for charity and does work himself and is a great guy but when you say was he a good leader of the country the answer is that he was awful and couoldnt get it done and he didn't get to keep the prez job he got booted out so he could be a nice guy nothing last forever and its time that somebody else gives it a shot because db should have in the past and should in the next couple of season be the best team not just thru october but into December

First,how many presidents have "got" the job done from either party.{17 Trillion}didn't just happen,it took a lot of smart guys from both sides to get that job done.Second,how many coaches have "got" the job done against Maryville in the East.Does it matter if you lose the first game or the last,your still not a champion,"right".Maybe if King Soloman were here today,he could ask if all the teams would like to just divide coach Quarles up in a couple hundred ways between them ?.Coach Clark's teams have won most of their games and I've seen him and his staff go the extra mile to help kids not only on the football field but in every day life.In a world full of people like we seen at Penn ST,it means a lot to have a good man and staff coaching and helping our sons become men.Coach Quarles and coach Clark are both those kinds of men,and just like Maryville,Dobyns-Bennett is lucky to have a fine man as well as a fine coach.Sure,I'd like to win it all like Maryville,but there are a crap load of teams that would like to have what DB has had for the last couple of decades as well.

Your in the minority mr wayne theres a growing group of fans that are fed up with watching the more talented team and better team get out coached and beat with sorry coaching when it is put up or shut up time not just ever once in a while but ever time people are starting to figure out that our coaching is not nearly as good as they think they are nothing last for ever and he should accept the fact that he can't get it done not anymore you may be ok with winning local games but most fans want to play games past Halloween

Your in the minority mr wayne theres a growing group of fans that are fed up with watching the more talented team and better team get out coached and beat with sorry coaching when it is put up or shut up time not just ever once in a while but ever time people are starting to figure out that our coaching is not nearly as good as they think they are nothing last for ever and he should accept the fact that he can't get it done not anymore you may be ok with winning local games but most fans want to play games past Halloween

i don't guess it's possible that the teams just aren't as good as you all think they are?  Maybe it's the players that play the games.  Was it the coaches fault how the Indians got beat this year at Morristown....hmmm.  :rolleyes:

I'll support coach and his staff as long as they are here,just like I've supported the middle school coaches.Instead of dogging the coaches and saying whats wrong,I help in anyway that I can.This year,I filmed some of the middle school games to help one of the middle school staffs.I could have done like most dads and kept it for myself,but no,I wanted to help all the kids get better.That in turn will help DB get better.One of my sons has came back and helped the Tribe when he is not in school,and may again if his schedule works.A lot of people work the races and help in anyway they can.It's about the kids and helping them do the best they can.Instead of pizzing about someone or something,we all need to do our part whoever the coach is.Yes,you don't have to like the coach,the AD,the band director, or even the stupid parking lot,but if more people get involved with our youth programs and different things,I bet it won't hurt DB in the future.

parking lot is better than it was and the band director is the best and the facilities are over the top and the weigh room was going to put our team over the top and the stadium will be the best you ever saw and the talent in college and the pros is better than anybody around and still the coaching is loosing every big game wen they have the better team an he lead 4 out of the last 5 times as a 1 seed loosing at home in the 1st round to 5-5 teams and those big game losses are always blown leads chocking coaching you gotta say enough is enough he should man up and check out and let anybody else try they could of had a raffle to see who coaches the big games and had at least the same results and prob better everybody is all about the students and the best thing for the student athlete football player that wants to play for a chance at a title is to get a new coach cause this one don't get it done and the majority of the fans expect a loss in every big game wih every lead in a big game and the coaching is not disappointing them nothing last forever

parking lot is better than it was and the band director is the best and the facilities are over the top and the weigh room was going to put our team over the top and the stadium will be the best you ever saw and the talent in college and the pros is better than anybody around and still the coaching is loosing every big game wen they have the better team an he lead 4 out of the last 5 times as a 1 seed loosing at home in the 1st round to 5-5 teams and those big game losses are always blown leads chocking coaching you gotta say enough is enough he should man up and check out and let anybody else try they could of had a raffle to see who coaches the big games and had at least the same results and prob better everybody is all about the students and the best thing for the student athlete football player that wants to play for a chance at a title is to get a new coach cause this one don't get it done and the majority of the fans expect a loss in every big game wih every lead in a big game and the coaching is not disappointing them nothing last forever

First,the parking lot is a cluster and anyone that doesn't see that probably had something to do with the cluster.The band director is very good at being a band director.Probably the best band director in the country .If there is a place in heaven for band directors alone,Cook will be the first one in.The rest we will disagree on nomatter what.Now,Roll Tribe ! I feel better after the edit,it is Christmas time

Edited by BatmanDB

bruce your not thinking of the students the parking lot is great for young drivers who drive as bad as the coaching is in big games and it is mucheasier for them to pull into diagonal parking spaces than parallel and it is much easier for them to back out of diagonal spaces and after all that's what that parking lot is for the accident rate in the parking lot is more than half what it was before the upgrade

bruce your not thinking of the students the parking lot is great for young drivers who drive as bad as the coaching is in big games and it is mucheasier for them to pull into diagonal parking spaces than parallel and it is much easier for them to back out of diagonal spaces and after all that's what that parking lot is for the accident rate in the parking lot is more than half what it was before the upgrade

A " cross over "on the back side of the school would have been thinking of the students that live or play sports on that side of the street.They will do it when the worst ends up becoming a reality.I know it wouldn't be seen like the parking lot but it might save a kids life.How many kids have been hit or about hit over the years.I seen one of those young drivers nearly run over the freshman football team a few years back.A cross over on fort Henry wouldn't be a bad Ideal either.

Well IMO and about 85-90% of the student body! Parking lot, football program, and band camp should be on the back burner when it comes to ACADEMICS! That's not what is happening DB cut out after school tutoring to help in their funding of this new stadium. Now they say the teachers will stay after to help if a student needs it, REALLY, This Highschool has the worst MATH teachers and math programs in the entire area and one of the worst in the state. If you think I'm just dreaming this chit up go ask any student. Now if you read this and don't care well......... GC teaches PE, yes I know Batman before you say it,( he teaches much more than that, a lot of boys become men.) Looks to me like the great Admin. at DB would want their students to know how to add and subtract more than park a freakin car or carry a pigskin! "Rant Over"