SHOULD COACH CLARK STEP DOWN ... "KINGSPORT DB"

kingindian33

I didn't create it.  Coach T system won't let me edit profile until I have made 100 unchallenged posts.  I assume that is to keep people from starting trouble then hiding themselves to cause more trouble.  Believe me as soon as i hit the magic number it will be gone.

Semper fi....no question marks

Glad to hear that too rll , Semper Fi !!

If u only new who the top paid high school football coaches in the state where you probably would expect a little more out of them coaches ...especially when you have the atheletes. there is a reason coaches get paid what they do ....yes teaching them kids to be an outstanding person in life is #1 but if u can't win in playoffs and get tossed out first round and teams continue to come back in 3rd and 4th quater year in year out then he needs not to be considered a coach but simply a "teacher with a very high salary that had dreams of coaching a state winning football team" .. its past his time i do like the man but coaching and being the man to pick his coaches on the sidline with him is not working out for him anymore and the fans....

again i no all u graham clark lovers are going to post hate at this , but who cares its simply football that the way it works and that's the way it will always be .. old coaches go new coaches come .."Heck if u like him that much maybe u can name the. new multimillion doller staduim after him.... hummm that would be a great visual "GRAHAM CLARK sitting in his own stands" ....

we are DB we will always be DB to be the best we got to beat the best ... we can't with clark

Once again,we are all entitled to our opinions and that's fine.One of these days,coach will hang it up and DB will look for a new coach.When that time comes,I'll support whoever the new coach is.I don't know all the coaches that DB has now but do know several and can say this much. If I  have another Indian or grandson Indian that plays for any of those coaches in the future ,I know they are tough but fair and are good coaches and good guys that have the kids best interest at heart.I can only base my opinion on what I've seen over the years.Those guys know the game and try hard to coach the kids up.I'd like nothing more then to see DB win it all.Last year DB had the athletes and I thought played a respectful game against the best program in the state.In my opinion,had Maryville not moved up to 6A,DB might have had a shot last year.

As a fan and a parent of a DB football player I read these post and I feel that all of you calling for coach Clark to step down should be ashamed.This man gives his all for these kids. take a look up the road at the field house during the summer and the season and see his truck sitting there...I will garuntee he spend more time working than you do at your jobs..he give these kids more of his time than he does his own family....and for what? To get this?

You people are incredulous....state titles are not easy to come by.

The talent here in Kingsport is good but not great...we are a small town that has produced three great NfL players.....yes they played under Gram Clark. And for that we all should be proud.

What do you do for the program? Buy a ticket? ...that gives you a right to decide if a football coach should keep his job....come on...it's not like you people are boosters of the program and pay his salary...you're fans.

He has done more for this small town than you could ever imagine

As a fan and a parent of a DB football player I read these post and I feel that all of you calling for coach Clark to step down should be ashamed.This man gives his all for these kids. take a look up the road at the field house during the summer and the season and see his truck sitting there...I will garuntee he spend more time working than you do at your jobs..he give these kids more of his time than he does his own family....and for what? To get this?

You people are incredulous....state titles are not easy to come by.

The talent here in Kingsport is good but not great...we are a small town that has produced three great NfL players.....yes they played under Gram Clark. And for that we all should be proud.

What do you do for the program? Buy a ticket? ...that gives you a right to decide if a football coach should keep his job....come on...it's not like you people are boosters of the program and pay his salary...you're fans.

He has done more for this small town than you could ever imagine

Although I do agree with most of your post you might want to re-think the part about who pays the coaches salary. It's the tax payers. Although the boosters put alot into the program they get alot of help from the tax payers. Most of who really don't even care about DB sports. They should have the freedom to speak don't you think? Most people today forget where the money comes from.

Is winning a state title the only thing that matters in a HS football program?  

Or could there be other valuable lessons these young men leave HS with from having played football, like teamwork, toughness, integrity, etc?

Your right blaszer but I'll tell you one thing,if DB were to win A state Title it sure wouldn't hurt my feelings ! I do understand coaches,players, fans,former players and students,parents and everyone that loves their favorite team wanting the best.I think Dobyns Bennett has A fine staff ,but it will still take their best year along with a few more things.DB needs a great couple of classes at the same time everyone  in 6A is not super human.A year like we seen in 2007,but DB just didn't have the horses.DB had the horses last year but Maryville had Clydesdales.The best local example is my old school,everything fell perfect when Greeneville had A great team.Ever year someone like Futon can be there and the Devils might not see another championship in the 2010 and 2011 players life time.

Your right blaszer but I'll tell you one thing,if DB were to win A state Title it sure wouldn't hurt my feelings ! I do understand coaches,players, fans,former players and students,parents and everyone that loves their favorite team wanting the best.I think Dobyns Bennett has A fine staff ,but it will still take their best year along with a few more things.DB needs a great couple of classes at the same time everyone  in 6A is not super human.A year like we seen in 2007,but DB just didn't have the horses.DB had the horses last year but Maryville had Clydesdales.The best local example is my old school,everything fell perfect when Greeneville had A great team.Ever year someone like Futon can be there and the Devils might not see another championship in the 2010 and 2011 players life time.

Right on bro, it takes more than good players, or a great coach, or whatever single element you want to talk about in order to get the gold ball.     Lots of moving parts involved including those in all the other schools in your class.    To get the title means that everything has to click...

In giving this some more thought, I guess that every school has it's expectations each year and when they are not met then it is frustrating to the fans.   For instance, Boone fans are happy to get 1 playoff game, although most of the time Boone is one-and-done, but yet that defines a successful year.     Maryville fans expect to be playing for the title every year.    Teams like Volunteer and Crockett just hope to finish .500.       And DB?   I think DB fans expect to win enough playoff games to get to Maryville.   All that are honest know that year in and year out that is where you end, but still not making it to Maryville has left you guys frustrated.   Would a coaching change make a difference?     Really hard to say.    Ask UT how that worked out for them.    On the other hand, look what Bama did with a change.      This will never be resolved, but in the meantime let's all support our existing staff, players and schools and keep the greatest high school sport going for future generations of Tennessee young men.

Although I do agree with most of your post you might want to re-think the part about who pays the coaches salary. It's the tax payers. Although the boosters put alot into the program they get alot of help from the tax payers. Most of who really don't even care about DB sports. They should have the freedom to speak don't you think? Most people today forget where the money comes from.

WACO...I get it...I know who pays Graham...Everyone has a voice...But our taxes are not exclusive for a football  coach, they pay for all of our city services. My point for the post was, that no on likes to lose ,but we need to recoginze the cards we are delt to play with...I think Graham does a lot with a little.

Do I think that there were games we should have won...YES, But I also think we got away with a few we should have lost...We must  remain loyal fans to the program and to the kids...most kids just enjoy being a part of the great program that is DB...I kow when I play football in high school I had so much pride just to put on the uniform and represent mt school...Allthough I was not raised here in East Tennesse, I have grown to respect the program that he has helped build and im proud to have son play for him....For me it goes past wins and loses...The lessons that my son is learning are for life....not for a ring.

I aske my son what does he love about footaball...and he syas he loves playing for coach clark...is not that what this about?...to grow boys into men and learn life lessons?

Trust me I have walked ou tof the staduim wondering how did we lose some of the games we  did, and yes, I want to win them all...and maybe, after my boy leaves the program I can view it differnetly than I do now but I am proud to have my son play for Coach Clark and I will suport him.

I remember a few years back...People wanted to run Fulmer off (and did)...Look where that got you!

1st off I'm a DB fan but I don't wear my Indian goggles around all the time. Maybe the goggles stay on a lot of folks because they are parents of players or former players of GC. I don't know Clark personally but, I have watched him coach several years and have seen some really good coaching and some really dumb crap. This year it seemed to me like penalties and linebacker play was the thorn in the Indians side. The talent level looks good for the next few years but, talent or not I think DB freshman coaches should start each player on one side of the ball or the other, not both. Then let them follow up through JV-VS. IMHO DB will never get the Gold Ball till this happens. I wish the best for this program.