SHOULD COACH CLARK STEP DOWN ... "KINGSPORT DB"

kingindian33

Art, it is good connecting with you on CoachT and learning that all is well with you.  You are my bleacher buddy at DB, and I appreciate your sharing the nice comments Bruce Tranbarger made about me.  He is a super person, and he comes from a great family.  I was blessed to be able to coach him early in my career.  He could score on anyone, but more importantly he was the ultimate team player.  of course, we never lost to Johnson City when Bruce played for me.  We didn't lose to anyone else either.  Bruce was the leader of my first undefeated team.  If Bruce, DB's all-time leading scorer, designated me as the best coach he ever had, that just shows you how intelligent Bruce is.

Now for "the hill23" who I heard from in cyber space a year or so ago.  I appreciate your comments about me.  i want to remind you that I informed you more than a year ago that i no longer wear that t-shirt you're referring to listing all my accomplishments because even though it was extra, extra, extra large, I had additional accomplishments and i couldn't fit them all on that shirt.  As far as tooting my own horn, I don't do that any more.  I blow a big ole tuba because it makes more noise.  I hope that you can remember all this.

Sometimes I like to say whatever is on my mind because I just feel like it.  I hope it doesn't bother you a great deal.  I am not a good person because I brag too much and I am narcissistic.  My wife has tried to help me for years, but I only listen to her about half the time.  That is my secret to being married 44 years.  I am a sinner and I tried to repent several years ago, but it didn't work for me.  I have never done drugs, but I grew up in Florida and all that sunshine gave me a natural high.  I just feel happy and good about myself.

Now, let's briefly talk shirts again.  Since you are interested in my wearing a shirt listing all my accomplishments, why don't you buy me a shirt and list all the times my teams beat Johnson City.  You better purchase a really large shirt because it will require a long list.  Please send that shirt to the Kingsport Chamber of Commerce in care of Coach Mo. I promise I will wear it.

I know that you are a good person, and I want to share one more thing with you.  I want to brag about my special visionary powers and you are the first person I've ever told about this.  I can see it very clearly.  You are trying to guard me in a basketball game when I am in my prime and tearing people up on the hardcourt.  I light you up like a Christmas tree and drop 70 on you before halftime.  You start crying on the court and your coach takes you out of the game and accuses you of playing matador defense.  He says, "Son, you let the bull run wild, now sit the bench the second half and relax".  Everytime you tried to guard me, I jacked up that beautiful jump shot and said "In your eye, sucker".  I did miss three shots that first half because I got a little bored and lost focus.

To All have a great Thanksgiving.

Well coach,that would have been perfect on my "toot your own Horn" thread, but it got shut down for whatever reason.I too grew up in florida for a short while,yes we could blame it on the sunshine,but the fact is,you either have confidence in yourself or you had better gain some when it comes to sports and life.I have always however told my kids to be humble and let daddy do the bragging,that way only one of us are azzholes.It worked perfect for one of my kids,he broke a world benchpress record before he got to DB and didn't tell anyone.One of the coaches ask him about it two or three years later.I told him the day we left the junior Olympics," son,a thousand kids could have done this if their dads had brought them here" however,several million couldn't have and you can be dam proud of the work you have done but be humble.I would still be wearing it around my neck if it had been me !! I still say the time he hit a baseball 350 feet " even though he got under the ball and didn't hit it clean" was the best thing I ever seen him do in sports.It would have went 400 with a better conection,What made it so great to me was the fact I was playing him up and he was only 12 years old.Being humble is not for all my kids however,and that's ok if you still treat other people with respect, make your grades and go on to be a good man and take care of your own family.

1st post, long time reader of this board and I am a graduate of DB. We do not need to fire Coach Clark what we need is somebody that can teach and Coach defense like it was back in the Coach Watson days. The defensive coordinator we have now is not aggressive like Coach Watson was and that is what we need to get back too. Only problem I have with Coach Clark is when he gets in tough games such as the playoffs he tends to coach not to lose and not to win. We need him to have the killer instincts. He is a great person first and foremost and he is also a great coach,he just needs to get the fire and passion back in his coaching. Looking forward to the next few years with this Indian team.

No don't fire the coach the coach should turn in his keys and bow out and call it a good run that's over and let somebody else take it to the next level all of those teams Watson coached defense for couldn't get it done in the playoffs really not saying it was the defenses fault sometimes it was but most of the time DB lost those games cause of coaching not to loose and now they are loosing those games in the season too not just the playoffs I think there was 3 maybe 4 games this year that were wins in hand that coaching lost i mean games that db was winning and dominated but they went in the turtle shell and choked and when you do it over and over again just like that it is not the players fault and now the fans all can feel it happening before it even does and they start expecting it to happen not many fans that think DB has the best coach around here anymore great guys step aside when it's right time to do it even though they might still love what there doing logos and legends don't win championships but good hungry aggressive coaching does the green devils have that kind of a coach

1st post, long time reader of this board and I am a graduate of DB. We do not need to fire Coach Clark what we need is somebody that can teach and Coach defense like it was back in the Coach Watson days. The defensive coordinator we have now is not aggressive like Coach Watson was and that is what we need to get back too. Only problem I have with Coach Clark is when he gets in tough games such as the playoffs he tends to coach not to lose and not to win. We need him to have the killer instincts. He is a great person first and foremost and he is also a great coach,he just needs to get the fire and passion back in his coaching. Looking forward to the next few years with this Indian team.

No don't fire the coach the coach should turn in his keys and bow out and call it a good run that's over and let somebody else take it to the next level all of those teams Watson coached defense for couldn't get it done in the playoffs really not saying it was the defenses fault sometimes it was but most of the time DB lost those games cause of coaching not to loose and now they are loosing those games in the season too not just the playoffs I think there was 3 maybe 4 games this year that were wins in hand that coaching lost i mean games that db was winning and dominated but they went in the turtle shell and choked and when you do it over and over again just like that it is not the players fault and now the fans all can feel it happening before it even does and they start expecting it to happen not many fans that think DB has the best coach around here anymore great guys step aside when it's right time to do it even though they might still love what there doing logos and legends don't win championships but good hungry aggressive coaching does the green devils have that kind of a coach

It took me four or five times to be able to read this.I've started to write several more times.Bottom line is that I think the world of coach Watson and he is not around to respond to this.Pretty shetty to say that and maybe just maybe when that time comes for you,the next dude taking care of things will hear how you fell short in the playoffs at your own house.

It's been a long time since I have read, much less commented on anything on coacht.  First off, people that have started this thread need to step back from the ledge.  We have a great coaching staff at DB and if people truly knew how much time and effort these coaches put into this program they would not say a darn word about any of them.  These are high school coaches, not college, not professional- High School.  They are not getting paid anywhere close to fair for the amount of time they put in.

Secondly, Cathouse- don't even try and compare Greenville to DB

Maybe you should call the Kingsport City Schools System and let them know you are interested in the Head Coaching job at DB. I would love to see you put in the effort that Coach Clark does with these kids. My honest opinion is that I don't think that Mr. McMillian is a good defensive coordinator right now but with time he might figure it out. When fans can see how to beat the Tribe don't you think that experienced coaches know how. Example is the Morristown game, they beat us up the middle all night on run plays and we couldn't stop it,and when we needed a stop on 4th down to end the game where did they run it without the running back every being touched? You guessed it...right up the gut. I knew it and everybody around me knew it so why didn't the coaches know it or expect it? And yes I agree we had a mismatch all night with our wide receiver and we didn't have the killer instinct to exploit it, I would have thrown to him until they proved they could stop it but that's just me. Season is over and we will regroup and try it again next year. ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!!!!

One of the few virtues I have is that I am extremely loyal and appreciative of anyone who has been nice to me. More importantly, if someone has been nice to anyone in my family I will always remember it and be thankful to them.

When I was a young coach I used to run to Sevier from Colonial Heights and meet Graham Clark and run some more with him..He was always nice to me and he was extremely nice to my son, Jeff, when Jeff attended DB. Jeff did not play football but that made no difference to Coach Clark.

Coach Clark is a lot better person and a lot better coach than I ever was. Coach Clark has never needed any help from me. He is tough and a good coach and he will come back better than ever. More importantly he will continue to help all the young people in his charge make good decisions and become constructive citizens whether they play football or not. DB is lucky to have Coach Clark as their football coach. Graham, thanks for being so nice to my son,Jeff.

Now I have intentionally given you enough fodder in the past to criticize me. Since I don't have a job bring on the negatives and direct them to me.

Batman, I wish you continued luck in your constant struggle of good vs. evil. It must be exhausting but that is what Batman does. I wish I was as humble and good as you are but I'm not. Load up that "Batmobile" with presents and help those less fortunate than you. I applaud your good deeds.

One of the few virtues I have is that I am extremely loyal and appreciative of anyone who has been nice to me. More importantly, if someone has been nice to anyone in my family I will always remember it and be thankful to them.

When I was a young coach I used to run to Sevier from Colonial Heights and meet Graham Clark and run some more with him..He was always nice to me and he was extremely nice to my son, Jeff, when Jeff attended DB. Jeff did not play football but that made no difference to Coach Clark.

Coach Clark is a lot better person and a lot better coach than I ever was. Coach Clark has never needed any help from me. He is tough and a good coach and he will come back better than ever. More importantly he will continue to help all the young people in his charge make good decisions and become constructive citizens whether they play football or not. DB is lucky to have Coach Clark as their football coach. Graham, thanks for being so nice to my son,Jeff.

Now I have intentionally given you enough fodder in the past to criticize me. Since I don't have a job bring on the negatives and direct them to me.

Batman, I wish you continued luck in your constant struggle of good vs. evil. It must be exhausting but that is what Batman does. I wish I was as humble and good as you are but I'm not. Load up that "Batmobile" with presents and help those less fortunate than you. I applaud your good deeds.

Well coach,the hardest thing about being Batman is getting into my Batsuit every day.It used to fit twenty years ago.Something that I also have told my kids is not to put me or anyone on a pedestal,because nobody is perfect.

Batman, your kids are lucky to have you as their father. I sincerely mean that and I wish you and your family a Great Thanksgiving.

Coach,I'm the lucky one.I know I have a lot of faults and will never be compared to some of our worlds great religious leaders,but I try to be the best dad that I can.Not just your son,but a whole lot of young men over the years  have had a great role model to help them become men.Thanks coach to you and all the coaches that Kingsport is lucky to have at our middle schools and DB.You and your family have a great Thanksgiving as well.

Edited by BatmanDB

Maybe you should call the Kingsport City Schools System and let them know you are interested in the Head Coaching job at DB. Season is over and we will regroup and try it again next year. ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!!!!

we are all pulling for the same team here I don't have any wants to coach but I do see the same thing that most db football fans see maybe not you but most everybody else has seen about enough of the same old crap db keeps putting guys in college and pro ball and they keep beating the snot out of the teams it don't matter about but when you get down to fighting a school your own size and when it matters the most it seems like the db coaching is done by halftime and panic time always comes out more and more when it's time for a big play the right play that's when everybody ends up scratching there heads and wonder why there in shotgun with 3rd down and 1 and then the same thing on 4th an 1 and it's not going to change because it has gone on for more than 10 years now some say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different outcome and it never changes and thats crazy most fans think the worst is going to happen in a big game anymore and they have all the reason in the world to think that coach in green county is winning big games and championships that all I was saying about that he is a good coach and I bet he would pay us for a chance to beat maryville in the playoffs nothing lasts forever