SHOULD COACH CLARK STEP DOWN ... "KINGSPORT DB"

kingindian33

Well IMO and about 85-90% of the student body! Parking lot, football program, and band camp should be on the back burner when it comes to ACADEMICS! That's not what is happening DB cut out after school tutoring to help in their funding of this new stadium. Now they say the teachers will stay after to help if a student needs it, REALLY, This Highschool has the worst MATH teachers and math programs in the entire area and one of the worst in the state. If you think I'm just dreaming this chit up go ask any student. Now if you read this and don't care well......... GC teaches PE, yes I know Batman before you say it,( he teaches much more than that, a lot of boys become men.) Looks to me like the great Admin. at DB would want their students to know how to add and subtract more than park a freakin car or carry a pigskin! "Rant Over"

100 % agree.I always tell my kids that it's  one in a million to make money playing sports,so get your education.

texas coach brown just manned up he wasn't getting it done anymore and he knew and so did everybody else he is a great guy loves the school and the fans and he stepped aside to let a new coach give it a try that's what db needs out of there head ball coach do whats best for the school and the program and let a new coach give it a try nothing last forever

Wow tough crowd in the stands at DB...bash the head coach who has won 200 games and had a winning season while playing one of his toughest if not the toughest schedule in 20 years. He did this is a down year with our top offensive threat sitting half the games...bash the QB who made 1st team all conference on both sides of the ball as an underclass man and lead us to 3 fourth qtr come from behind victories...IMO we'll be fortunate to have both these men on the field next season.Roll Tribe!

Edited by DBIndianKMA

I believe the tide is slowly turning. There is no doubt that Coach Clark has been a great coach and a wonderful influence on the young men that he has coached over the years. A long-time DB supporter told me yesterday that he was afraid the game was "beginning to pass him by" (Clark). Never would have imagined hearing that from this fellow because he has been so supportive and involved in the program in the past. Stepping down probably isn't necessary but something needs to be done to help with the dysfunction that seems to occur in tight situations.

RebRaider85 I can go with you on that, much is expected when you have a successful program but it wasn't that long ago we had a 5-6 season and followed that up with 2 undefeated 10-0 regular seasons was it passing him by then? It's not like we were out of the games we lost. I don't always agree with play calls or personnel but bleacher coaching is easy the team is in most cases prepared as well as any in the area. I don't like to lose but experience is not always gained easily the scheduled played this year could pay off in the future. Jmo RollTribe!

I'm not gonna count an 8th seed playoff loss to Maryville - after all, the regular season win against my Rebs made up for a few of those losses!!!

Good luck in 2014. I'll have a nephew over there in a few years so I'll probably have to purchase a few of them high dollar new seats to take it all in. Looking forward to seeing the Thompson and Maupin kids next year too.

Good luck to your nephew be there a few more yrs myself can't wait to see several of our up and comers

There is nothing like it .They only grow up once and every dad or relative should enjoy this time to the max.I don't know if I'll have another Indian or not, but if I do,there isn't another staff in this area that I'd rather him play for.