SHOULD COACH CLARK STEP DOWN ... "KINGSPORT DB"

kingindian33

Don't mind losing to maryville and the best coaching staff in the state, it's to lesser teams with less talent that frustrates me, quarles has the guys in maryville believing they can beat anybody any day until you have your team believing the same way it's gonna continue run through maryville

I don't like losing to Maryville or anyone.It hurts a little more losing to McMinn ,but the season is over just the same.I want to beat Maryville's azz just as much as  anyone on the schedule.

Waco I think there is gonna be some hurt feelings when it comes to who plays QB next year, 3 QB 's only one ball.

Maupin was not ready this year and it was obvious but I hope he works his butt off and takes over the job next year. But, knowing our staff like I do, your going to see the same thing next year. Holt needs to move to WR and let's use this year to build a QB for the future. Clark won't do this. Watch and see.

You're right we will have to work on our mistakes...I know we had a false start against SC in our final drive that cost us 5 yards and were stopped on fourth down by a yard.. We were tied at 21 with 7min left at EH and driving the field and had an INT.. We were up 10 against SH and had just recovered a SH fumble and had their fans headed for the exits and fumbled the next play.. plenty to clean up for this year!

He oughta call it quits. He said he would when Stacy Carter beat him and after seeing this year's game, he needs to start plannin retirement in Florida. Science Hill is gonna be unstoppable come 2014. The upcoming seniors are gonna raise heck the whole season and DB wont win the conference. Not a chance at all I tell ya.

DB fans.. I keep hearing ya'll bring up the 06 wb playoff loss as a game ya'll should have easily won and feel I must speak up. True,that 06 wb team was 6-4,but 3 of those losses were by 7 points or less. Their only big loss was to eventual 4A state champion maryville (24 points). Two of those losses were by 4 and 1 points. WB played some very stiff competition and was in every single one of those games and should have been 9-1, the truth is they underachieved. Having said all that... That 06 WB team was just better than that DB team , trust me on that.... And to prove it wasn't a fluke WB beat ya'll again in 2007.... As for the 2001 loss to wb, I'll admit i didn't follow wb as much back than but I can tell you that they had lost their best player for most of the year and that really hurt their record but I believe they won out and snuck into the playoffs when he came back from injury. I think you underestimate your opponents and have unrealistic expectations . It wouldn't suprise me if your players do the same, maybe that is the reason for some of those playoff losses.

Edited by Governors91

Heard a rumor today that Coach Clark might be heading to Emory & Henry to be offensive coordinator and that he had applied for head coach but didn't get it. Was also give a short list of replacement coaches and a certain local coach was at the top. Guess who?

OK - as a token outsider (who actually does wish for a successful football program at D-B) I'll take the bait and throw out a few names for discussion. Please remember two things here - I'm being VERY "local" in the coaches I'll mention and also I don't think that any of these would an improvement on Clark.

In alphabetical order: Coach Ballard from GHS. Coach Carter from SHHS. Coach Norris from SNHS. Coach Witten from EHS.