SHOULD COACH CLARK STEP DOWN ... "KINGSPORT DB"

kingindian33

Since 2001 it's 13-12. I don't think that should bring about the release of your coach after compiling a regular season record of 113-17 in the same period. You people up there are crazy if you want to get rid of your coach.

You don't know jack about it if you look at those losses real close you can see that 4 or 5 was as #1 seed getting beat at home in 1st round with easy games and everyone of those losses were games that DB had won and didn't finish and it is all on the coach and if you look at other losses I bet you see more home losses to lower seeded teams that the games were in hand and counted ad wins by dominating until the panic sets in like the bearden game and like Morristown east and the list just keeps going when you think about the playoff losses only 2 i can think of that they just got beat by a better team and both was against maryville

all the rest were games that should have and was won but choked up like a hair ball by the coaching not the players and now most everybody in the stands expect them to fold up like a lawn chair when a rough game comes along or not even a tough game but a win or go home game and he is delivering those losses as sure as beating up on crap teams around here

Since 2001 it's 13-12. I don't think that should bring about the release of your coach after compiling a regular season record of 113-17 in the same period. You people up there are crazy if you want to get rid of your coach.

well i counted it up for the last 10 seasons and its not good for the coach in the playoffs    clark has earned 6 round1 losses in a decade and you can look at the schedules on coacht just like i did and just like you did too and see that 4 years the team was dominant and winning all season long and seeded 1 in the playoffs and then loose at home in the round 1 against teams that should be going thru the motion wins and all of the 5 home playoff losses in the last decade was db being a 1 seed and loosing 4 in round 1 and 1 in round 2. that is crap and everybody is sick and tired of it  db has had plenty of good enough players you can see that when they are playing college and pro football more than any other team around   its not the players cause new players come and go every year but the way db is loosing big football games dont change  its the same imo  everytime  coach gets a lead and freaks out at halftime and comes out in the 3rd qtr and dont even look like the same team and go into a shell and then panic and choke and its on the coaching  db has a huge fan base and a great school and great band and the biggest crowds and they should get a chance to see if somebody else can do better  nothing last forever just call it a good ride and end it and when db opens up their bigger and better stadium they can name the field after him? 

well i counted it up for the last 10 seasons and its not good for the coach in the playoffs    clark has earned 6 round1 losses in a decade and you can look at the schedules on coacht just like i did and just like you did too and see that 4 years the team was dominant and winning all season long and seeded 1 in the playoffs and then loose at home in the round 1 against teams that should be going thru the motion wins and all of the 5 home playoff losses in the last decade was db being a 1 seed and loosing 4 in round 1 and 1 in round 2. that is crap and everybody is sick and tired of it  db has had plenty of good enough players you can see that when they are playing college and pro football more than any other team around   its not the players cause new players come and go every year but the way db is loosing big football games dont change  its the same imo  everytime  coach gets a lead and freaks out at halftime and comes out in the 3rd qtr and dont even look like the same team and go into a shell and then panic and choke and its on the coaching  db has a huge fan base and a great school and great band and the biggest crowds and they should get a chance to see if somebody else can do better  nothing last forever just call it a good ride and end it and when db opens up their bigger and better stadium they can name the field after him? 

They have shown how some birds can even count past ten by how they watch hunters..Yes there have been years that DB was favored going in and lost, but not every year was against the little sisters of the weak..How many people would have bet on DB to beat ME this year going in.Yes they had a great chance but were huge underdogs with a team that was doing great to even make the playoffs..2012 vs Maryville,enough said in that 3ed round game.DB blew a huge lead in 2011 against Sevier county,One in  10 people would have bet for DB going into that rematch after seeing that 11 win SC team blew the first game 42-41 and had all their players for the rematch.DB has been undefeated several times but that doesn't mean that a team like Bearden in 2010 wasn't a very good team.They had played Maryville tough in the season and won 9 games that year,A special player { Devrin Young}now at UT, the biggest reason they beat DB in overtime. 2009 ,DB was 5-5 playing Maryville.2008,you can bich all you want,there was no reason to lose that game and every freak thing in the world happened to make it possible,{lost best player,bad ref call on fake punt and everything that could happen did,BUT still no excuse for that one.{That's ONE}.2007,DB lost to a much better team in Farragut.2006 WB,no excuse for that one {two}.2005,DB lost to a very good Ooltewah team that was the only team to beat Oak Ridge before they lost the state championship game by 7 .2004,DB lost the rematch to a very good Oak Ridge team in the third round.Same in 2003.2002,DB was as good as any team in the state,losing the semi-final to Riverdale 14-9 on a freak play.2001 no excuse WB {that's 3}.2000,DB was as good as anyone in the state,losing to undefeated state champs Red Bank ,21-13.1999 lost to a real good OR team.1998,DB lost the state semi to state champ Oakland 21-7.It's not as cut and dry as we would think by reading coacht.Yes,DB could have won a lot of those games,but had DB been with an average coach and staff,they wouldn't have been in the position to have had a chance.No I'm not happy or is anyone who doesn't have a team playing this week. DB could do a whole lot worse and I'd bet money with history and the person that would do that hiring,DB would be in a lot worse shape by a bunch if coach were to step down.Now,Happy Thanksgiving and let's eat !!

Dang BatmanDB you're as good with stats as ole Starsandbars down to Murvil. I know how you feel, here in Oak Ridge, we haven't been to state in a while and we have had a whole bunch of coaches come through here. Maybe we both will get it going next year.

Happy Thanksgiving

ROLL WILDCATS

ROLL TRIBE ROLL 

DB could do a whole lot worse and I'd bet money with history and the person that would do that hiring,DB would be in a lot worse shape by a bunch if coach were to step down

2 coaches in 1 is what db has had  1 coach went after it and was agressive the 2nd coach has been around way to long and he is not the same coach   u said db could have done a lot worse but i say they could have done a whole lot better  to sit and watch the stronger team loose game after game when the season is on the line is crap its not once in a while its not half the time it is almost every time that game comes around and they come around every year and now those choking coach jobs are starting to happen in the season   1 seed teams dont loose 4 out of 5 times in round 1 at home they just dont no where in any sport does that happen but it has happened and this coach is why its time to give somebody else a chance nothing last forever db was a great football school before this coach and they will be a great football school after too 

Edited by CathouseHouse

DB could do a whole lot worse and I'd bet money with history and the person that would do that hiring,DB would be in a lot worse shape by a bunch if coach were to step down

2 coaches in 1 is what db has had  1 coach went after it and was agressive the 2nd coach has been around way to long and he is not the same coach   u said db could have done a lot worse but i say they could have done a whole lot better  to sit and watch the stronger team loose game after game when the season is on the line is crap its not once in a while its not half the time it is almost every time that game comes around and they come around every year and now those choking coach jobs are starting to happen in the season   1 seed teams dont loose 4 out of 5 times in round 1 at home they just dont no where in any sport does that happen but it has happened and this coach is why its time to give somebody else a chance nothing last forever db was a great football school before this coach and they will be a great football school after too 

There is only one coach and staff in the entire state that I've not seen someone on coacht asking they step down or be fired.With that said,I'd bet a hundred dollars today if Maryville get's beat,some dumazz will be critiquing him.If they fall short again next year,several dumbazz people would be saying his run is over and it's time for some young blood to lead the Rebels.That's the nature of the coaching game.Yes,I really think coach Clark and his staff are good coaches and we can do a whole lot worse.Go ahead and name the coaching staffs across the state that we would trade for today and come out a lot better and let's see those stats.You have to also know that very few coaches like Coach Quarles are going to just pick up and leave a place they love and want to raise  their families just to coach DB and be a part of the pressure that will come with that job.This is just the way I see it and as I've said,everyone has their own opinion and that's fine to.

It's been a long time since I have read, much less commented on anything on coacht.  First off, people that have started this thread need to step back from the ledge.  We have a great coaching staff at DB and if people truly knew how much time and effort these coaches put into this program they would not say a darn word about any of them.  These are high school coaches, not college, not professional- High School.  They are not getting paid anywhere close to fair for the amount of time they put in.

Secondly, Cathouse- don't even try and compare Greenville to DB

I think the Greeneville and DB programs have a lot in common.  Both are in conferences primarily filled with schools smaller than them.  Both have budgets that are much larger than any of their conference competition.  Neither really knows what they have until they reach the playoffs because of their relatively weak schedules. 

You already hired away our Director of Schools, might as well go after the football coach.

I think the Greeneville and DB programs have a lot in common.  Both are in conferences primarily filled with schools smaller than them.  Both have budgets that are much larger than any of their conference competition.  Neither really knows what they have until they reach the playoffs because of their relatively weak schedules. 

You already hired away our Director of Schools, might as well go after the football coach.

Hey rll, although our avatar may look the same....as a Marine, I think it sad that you would deface an emblem that means so much with a cheesy high school mascot.. semper fi????

I didn't create it.  Coach T system won't let me edit profile until I have made 100 unchallenged posts.  I assume that is to keep people from starting trouble then hiding themselves to cause more trouble.  Believe me as soon as i hit the magic number it will be gone.

Semper fi....no question marks

I didn't create it.  Coach T system won't let me edit profile until I have made 100 unchallenged posts.  I assume that is to keep people from starting trouble then hiding themselves to cause more trouble.  Believe me as soon as i hit the magic number it will be gone.

Semper fi....no question marks

sorry rll, didn't mean to come of as a bad guy on a high school football board....just spent a lot of years wearing that emblem and hate to see it defaced.... thanks    good luck to your team in the future     semper fi

Edited by Jetjock