That McCurry mans fieldhouse

Roy Dillard

I am not defending my friends actions. They were wrong and he is well aware of that now. Does this make him a bad guy? Not in my opinion. Just a guy who had bad judgement in following an order. Remember he was trained for years and years in elite military units that you follow orders from your bosses or superiors. I have spoken with him and his family has been devastated by all this. I was asked not to discuss any particulars about this until legal process plays out. I think a lot of people are upset at the extreme failure of leadership.

Do you really believe the kids read the bylaws? I would be willing to bet that there isn't a single kid on that team that knew it was illegal.  They may have THOUGHT something was wrong with it...but I doubt they KNEW it was a major TSSAA violation and could result in penalty to the program.  Don't put this on the kids...

Money lost there my friend, money lost

Also, to me it would be even more important to know what defense they are going to check to depending on what formation I come out in. If that was included in what was taken then I can dictate, to some extent, what defense they run. But, this apparently had little effect on the outcome of the S. Pitt game.

I can't speak for my brother but I do know that all the new stuff was on the sheet they wanted to install for that week. Trick plays, checks etc. Obviously things changed during the game and SP just decided to run our base stuff and say stop us. It's just sad that it went this far. High School football really is more about wins and losses. I hope they still get to play on Friday but it doesn't look good for their program moving fwd no matter if the entire staff is let go or not. I understand it's not the kids fault but it still falls on the school. Hopefully they don't shut down the football program entirely. Shame for the longest consecutive rivalry to end under these circumstances

• Upvote 1