That McCurry mans fieldhouse

Roy Dillard

Why do you need a playbook? By week two it is tweeted so bad it is usually not even a reference point anymore. As far as what SP or Seq. is doing you would have to be an infant to not know what they are doing. Both teams do a few things and do those things well. A caveman can do it. Sometimes in the NFL it is even more simple than that. I have a playbook from every team I have ever coached at. There are coaches at clinics that sell their playbooks. What people don't know is most coaches have film for the next week opponent before they go to bed on Friday night. Tech is awesome. In my opinion playbook is not really an issue. If it is God Bless.

A couple of comments on points brought up overnight: (1) good observation on whether the text content should have been released. I don't know for sure but it does make you wonder if that should have happened already. (2) the comments about the playbook: if you go back and look at the article, Stephen refers to this as "play sheets", not a playbook. Play sheets, to me, means that these are plays that have been chosen specifically for your game, pretty much a game plan, possibly with blocking schemes against your defense. These would be much more helpful than a playbook. I may have been the one who wrongly referred to it as a playbook, anyway, not sure.

A couple of comments on points brought up overnight: (1) good observation on whether the text content should have been released. I don't know for sure but it does make you wonder if that should have happened already. (2) the comments about the playbook: if you go back and look at the article, Stephen refers to this as "play sheets", not a playbook. Play sheets, to me, means that these are plays that have Coach chosen specifically for your game, pretty much a game plan, possibly with blocking schemes against your defense. These would be much more helpful than a playbook. I may have been the one who wrongly referred to it as a playbook, anyway, not sure.

Coacht, I was talking to this man last night at Ronnies red eye and he said that Moore man did have some secret plays for that Mccurry man on that sheet. That McCurry mans time is coming. You think im joking but im not.

If the things I heard this morning are true on McCurry then he needs to be fired today.  If it is true what he called a SP running back and if he was encouraging players to hurt him he should never coach again.  That includes the North Jackson job he agreed to take last week.  

This is bad for the players.  I can't imagine what they are going through.  I say let Randy K take them up to Trousdale to play but there is no way that the team will have their hearts in the game.  

I don't want to get into a debate over this but it looks as though MC should just forfeit this Friday and try and get its house cleaned up....hate it for the seniors but as a player you know what normal is and what you were going through wasn't normal so they should have been the first to say something to at least their parents and I think a few of those parents would of questioned things and the program wouldnt be going so deep as it is now.

MC's season should be over immediately. Even though the players are innocent, and I would hate it for them, it is the only right thing to do with a coaching staff that has been this corrupt. I understand that there would be innocent victims, but in most all cases of justice being served, someone innocent is hurt by the consequences of someone else's actions. Our jails are full of moms and dads of innocent victims.

If the MC administration does not immediately suspend the head coach, and if TSSAA doesn't immediately sanction the program, they are setting a bad precedent and sending a dangerous message.

As much as I would hate it for the boys, especially the seniors, I do agree that this is the punishment the program deserves. I've never ever heard of a high school rivalry going this far.  :mellow:

No way the TSSAA should cancel the Marion Co game Friday. No way they should "death penalty" the program either. To do this would be to prosecute the innocent (the players). Would it be right to throw me in jail, because my dad robbed somebody??? No.

Sports are about the players. Period. Players play, coaches coach. As much as some of you posters worship coaches, not a single coach has scored any touchdowns or make any tackles all season anywhere. I can imagine the rage and hurt I would have as a player if a principal or AD called me and my teammates in a room and said " well guys you have had a great year, but were goin to have to cancel the rest of the season because we hired an idiot to coach you guys."

As much as I would hate it for the boys, especially the seniors, I do agree that this is the punishment the program deserves. I've never ever heard of a high school rivalry going this far.  :mellow:

I really hate it for the individual boys who got called out by name and had vulgarities painted about them.  If I was a parent of those kids I would personally go after the coaches.

Why would you want to do that to the players,undoubtly they are the innocent party in this.I agree let one of the assistanst take them or have an interim step in(somehow) but don't do that to the kids.That's just as ridiculous in my opinion.

Why do you need a playbook? By week two it is tweeted so bad it is usually not even a reference point anymore. As far as what SP or Seq. is doing you would have to be an infant to not know what they are doing. Both teams do a few things and do those things well. A caveman can do it. Sometimes in the NFL it is even more simple than that. I have a playbook from every team I have ever coached at. There are coaches at clinics that sell their playbooks. What people don't know is most coaches have film for the next week opponent before they go to bed on Friday night. Tech is awesome. In my opinion playbook is not really an issue. If it is God Bless.

LOPAO...........feller, say you coached at Whitwell..........? Well God Bless them Whitwell folkes for being smart enough to fid themselves of your services!