Maryville vs Sevier County

gobears89

I was just thumbing through the Knox news senseless , and was looking for the article about Maryville / sevier co , has the game been cancelled ? Found an article about every local game but us , thought maybe something had happened I didn't know about .

There was a nice article about Maryville girl Payton robinette committing to Lipscomb tennis team , congrats Payton !!!

Less than 13 hours till kickoff! Woooooooo!

10 hours to go so I don't believe coach Brewer will have time for any big adjustments so I feel ok in talking now. Losing big #88 will show up tonight. How many sacks did he have in that first game 6? Losing those other 9 starters will also be a factor. Wasn't any weather for that darn illegal car wash anyway. With all these developments, I'm convinced this will be a close hard fought game. I'm going with 35-21 Maryville.

I do agree that losing the defensive lineman would be a tough loss for most places but regardless of how good he is, it seems Maryville always has another guy just waiting to step in and shine.  Very funny about the car wash but I heard that the Maryville band director was caught on tape sneaking into the SCHS band room and stealing the music sheets for tonights game...haha.

Now back to reality.  As far as Sevier County is concerned this is all you can asked for, a chance to redeem yourself against a very embarrassing loss which just so happens to be the only blemish on another wise great season.  I am not saying that I think SC will win the game (although I sure hope they do) but if they can just go in and play a great game and keep it close I think it will help start what could be a great rivalry.  I think it is safe to say that SC is one of the top 3 6A teams in East Tennessee year in and year out with Maryville of course being 1 and either SC or DB being the 2-3. 

My top 10 reason why this should be a great rivalry:

1. Very respected programs

2. Great head coaches

3. Great coaching staffs

4. Great players year in and year out

5. Classy players and coaches

6. Great fans that pack the stands

7. Mutual respect and admiration from players, coaches, and fans

8. Nice facilities

9. Best 6A football in East Tennessee

10. Fun offenses to watch

Notice I did not say great concessions because I have not heard too many good things on here about the Maryville concessions.

Hope both teams play injury free and the winner goes and gets the Gold Ball.

GO BEARS

I was just thumbing through the Knox news senseless , and was looking for the article about Maryville / sevier co , has the game been cancelled ? Found an article about every local game but us , thought maybe something had happened I didn't know about .

There was a nice article about Maryville girl Payton robinette committing to Lipscomb tennis team , congrats Payton !!!

Those Lipscomb tennis girl's are smart! I've been married one for 31 years.

Game day. This is as focused a Rebel team as any and they need to have that focus tonight because the Bears will be ready to play. Throw out the results from the regular season, it is playoff time now. I'm looking for a hard fought game.

Here's hoping for no injuries tonight and GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Miss Robinette, that is a great achievement.

I do agree that losing the defensive lineman would be a tough loss for most places but regardless of how good he is, it seems Maryville always has another guy just waiting to step in and shine. Very funny about the car wash but I heard that the Maryville band director was caught on tape sneaking into the SCHS band room and stealing the music sheets for tonights game...haha.

Now back to reality. As far as Sevier County is concerned this is all you can asked for, a chance to redeem yourself against a very embarrassing loss which just so happens to be the only blemish on another wise great season. I am not saying that I think SC will win the game (although I sure hope they do) but if they can just go in and play a great game and keep it close I think it will help start what could be a great rivalry. I think it is safe to say that SC is one of the top 3 6A teams in East Tennessee year in and year out with Maryville of course being 1 and either SC or DB being the 2-3.

My top 10 reason why this should be a great rivalry:

2. Great head coaches

3. Great coaching staffs

7. Mutual respect and admiration from players, coaches, and fans

8. Nice facilities

Notice I did not say great concessions because I have not heard too many good things on here about the Maryville concessions.

GO BEARS

I was trying to qualify for an invite to the liars club meeting. Excellent post.

10 hours to go so I don't believe coach Brewer will have time for any big adjustments so I feel ok in talking now. Losing big #88 will show up tonight. How many sacks did he have in that first game 6? Losing those other 9 starters will also be a factor. Wasn't any weather for that darn illegal car wash anyway. With all these developments, I'm convinced this will be a close hard fought game. I'm going with 35-21 Maryville.

9 starters?

Here, I'll spill the beans.  6 students a Maryville High School thought using counterfeit money would be a funny prank.  The police were involved, and some of the six students were football players.  An investigation is ongoing.

Source: http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1955&dat=20000821&id=wVAlAAAAIBAJ&sjid=NqMFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2621,4147852

I do agree that losing the defensive lineman would be a tough loss for most places but regardless of how good he is, it seems Maryville always has another guy just waiting to step in and shine.  Very funny about the car wash but I heard that the Maryville band director was caught on tape sneaking into the SCHS band room and stealing the music sheets for tonights game...haha.

Now back to reality.  As far as Sevier County is concerned this is all you can asked for, a chance to redeem yourself against a very embarrassing loss which just so happens to be the only blemish on another wise great season.  I am not saying that I think SC will win the game (although I sure hope they do) but if they can just go in and play a great game and keep it close I think it will help start what could be a great rivalry.  I think it is safe to say that SC is one of the top 3 6A teams in East Tennessee year in and year out with Maryville of course being 1 and either SC or DB being the 2-3. 

My top 10 reason why this should be a great rivalry:

2. Great head coaches

3. Great coaching staffs

7. Mutual respect and admiration from players, coaches, and fans

8. Nice facilities

GO BEARS

rip gooder post......Eye'm gettin' Frankie (Mairvul Chick-Phil-A man) lined upp fer abowt 6:30 twonite two taik cair ov mommaSTARS and Barney..... :hungry:

cR opun envite..... :popcorneater:

WOW! That article looks just like one I remember ready about 15 or so years ago. HAHA. All the talk on here or hush hush about players not being at practice or not playing or being injured is really trivial in my opinion. Fact is Maryville is going to line 11 high school football players against 11 high school football players from Sevier County and they are going to play a game.  One team will win and one team will lose and everyone there tonight will move on with their everyday life tomorrow one way or another.  While it is sad that for for some kids that tonight will be their last tim ever playing this great game of football, it is the reality of the day.

So once again, hope all players remain safe and healthy, hope the winner of this game wins it all, hope that the mutual respect by these two teams and fans remains intact after the game and GO BEARS!!

Man I feel like I am getting all philisophical all of a sudden and it makes me feel old.