Oakland v. Blackman

MidTennFootball

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland wins because they beat a pretty good Siegel team by a lot. With that said whoever wins probably loses to maryville because whoever wins will be beat up and mv plays nobody until the semis so they will be healthy

I would like to see Blackman play Maryville (assuming Maryville wins), I believe the Rebels match up better against them.  Oakland, to me, seems more balanced.  I agree that both teams need to stay healthy.  Maryville is hard to beat at home at full strength.  Key players out or injured players makes a difference.  Will be praying all players come out of this game healthy.  Besides these two teams are not known for cheap shots, are they?

I would agree Maryville has an easier opponent.  But Maryville has a way of making good teams look average.  Alcoa, Webb and West are pretty good teams.  None looked too great against the Rebels! 

Either way, if Maryville can win, I am happy that a different 7AAA team gets to play the Rebels.

Edited by oldhick76

This will be an excellent football game. I may just make the drive to Murfreesboro to watch this one. I believe that Blackman pulls the upset in very close fashion...21-20 Blaze

Oakland may broadcast this on nfhsnetwork?  Just watched the Oakland game with siegel on the nfhs. Interesting.  I now believe Maryville can play with Oakland or Blackman, either team will be welcome at 825 Lawrence Avenue.

Oakland may broadcast this on nfhsnetwork?  Just watched the Oakland game with siegel on the nfhs. Interesting.  I now believe Maryville can play with Oakland or Blackman, either team will be welcome at 825 Lawrence Avenue.

I hope that this game is shown on NFHS Network! That would save me a lot of gas money  :mrgreen:

What did you think about Oakland's game with Siegel? As a neutral observer, I believe that the semifinal match-up with Maryville (whether it is Oakland or Blackman) will be a close and exciting game either way.