Oakland v. Blackman

MidTennFootball

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe either statement you made is necessarily fair. Oakland, Blackman, and Maryville are the top three teams in 6A, and to definitively say that any of those teams would lose to the other is foolish. Although my prediction is the same as yours (Oakland winning this game and facing Maryville in the semis), Blackman should not be counted out of this one just because Oakland is "stronger". Coach Shadowens produces the most fundamentally sound teams in the state year in and year out. In addition, Coach Shadowens seems to do pretty well in revenge games in the playoffs (would be interested to see his record in revenge games if anyone could find it). The Patriots MUST be sure not to leave some of the same plays that they left out on the field last time. If I remember correctly, there were three separate instances where Oakland drove inside of Blackman's 40 and stalled in the first game.

Don't remember exact scores during regular season but in 2006 at Smyrna, Shad's team lost to both Riverdale and Ravenwood but beat Riverdale in the playoffs and then beat Ravenwood for the Gold Ball. Those were his only two losses that year and he won both in playoffs.

Oakland takes better care of the ball in this one,

OHS 21

BHS 7

Hope great game and health to all....

One thing I ask ( getting ahead of game here ) is while MHS is destroying Cupcake HS resting it's starters at the half , you will have a civil war with OHS and BHS and from reading posts they said round 1 was the most physical heavy hitting game they have seen in a long time

Oakland takes better care of the ball in this one,

OHS 21

BHS 7

Hope great game and health to all....

One thing I ask ( getting ahead of game here ) is while MHS is destroying Cupcake HS resting it's starters at the half , you will have a civil war with OHS and BHS and from reading posts they said round 1 was the most physical heavy hitting game they have seen in a long time

You are right, you are a week ahead of the game......but, if they are good enough to beat MHS, they will do it.......championship caliber teams find a way to win, not make excuses.  The SEC grind didn't keep Alabama from embarrassing ND last year, did it?

You are right, you are a week ahead of the game......but, if they are good enough to beat MHS, they will do it.......championship caliber teams find a way to win, not make excuses. The SEC grind didn't keep Alabama from embarrassing ND last year, did it?

Blackman and Oakland don't recruit the top athletes from around the country and they certainly don't have the depth. Apples and oranges.

You are right, you are a week ahead of the game......but, if they are good enough to beat MHS, they will do it.......championship caliber teams find a way to win, not make excuses. The SEC grind didn't keep Alabama from embarrassing ND last year, did it?

College and a program like Bama is different then any HS team Sparky for the sole reason of depth - something HS don't have the luxury of!