Henry County vs. Ridgeway- Round 3

MSURacer

In my BGIM thread I selected Ridgeway to win. HC got dominated offensively by East by a ratio of 2:1 I read on Coacht that one of the TD's that HC scored against East was a pick 6 at that. Ridgeway's 'D' isn't as good as East's ... but it's good enough. Braxton Conard threw 4 INT's in the game they played against Henry County. That's probably not going to happen this game either. Last week Braxton Conard went 9-16-1 for 181 yards. THAT I can see happening ... maybe even more. You have to know that Braxton feels like this is his game for redemption for throwing those 4 INT's the last time they played. He knows he's better then that.

I did learn that Ridgeway's starting RB, Earl Harrison, got injured in the Melrose game and he did not return. I don't know the status of his injury. However, the 'other' RB, Lilotis Walker picked up the slack with a 4-TD, 27 carries for 215 yards performance. But, that was against Melrose. Ridgeway ran for 316 yards. I don't think they do that this week. But, if they get half of that production, which I think they will, it will be more then enough to win.

There is no 'Home team' mystique either. Ridgeway's been there and done that.

Edited by kwc

In my BGIM thread I selected Ridgeway to win. HC got dominated offensively by East by a ratio of 2:1 I read on Coacht that one of the TD's that HC scored against East was a pick 6 at that. Ridgeway's 'D' isn't as good as East's ... but it's good enough. Braxton Conard threw 4 INT's in the game they played against Henry County. That's probably not going to happen this game either. Last week Braxton Conard went 9-16-1 for 181 yards. THAT I can see happening ... maybe even more. You have to know that Braxton feels like this is his game for redemption for throwing those 4 INT's the last time they played. He knows he's better then that.

I did learn that Ridgeway's starting RB, Earl Harrison, got injured in the Melrose game and he did not return. I don't know the status of his injury. However, the 'other' RB, Lilotis Walker picked up the slack with a 4-TD, 27 carries for 215 yards performance. But, that was against Melrose. Ridgeway ran for 316 yards. I don't think they do that this week. But, if they get half of that production, which I think they will, it will be more then enough to win.

There is no 'Home team' mystique either. Ridgeway's been there and done that.

Facts

1   Until the last 3 games, Henry County's secondary was absent without leave. It no longer is

2   East's offensive domination was 1 legitimate TD.  The other was after a missed out of bounds call on a play that resulted in a touchdown with less than one second left before the half and after the QB took a knee to stop the clock when the clock should not have stopped, but was, and therefore should never have occurred

3   I'll let our folks know that being home has no impact and to keep it a little quieter

4   158 yards rushing, if it happened, won't be enough to win

5   For the first time since Week 0, Henry County is fully healthy

6   I'll say East was a better warmup for us against Ridgeway than Melrose was for Ridgeway against us

7   I don't know what the 2:1 thing is but I probably would disagree anyway

Other than that, I think you are spot on!

Facts

2   East's offensive domination was 1 legitimate TD.  The other was after a missed out of bounds call on a play that resulted in a touchdown with less than one second left before the half and after the QB took a knee to stop the clock when the clock should not have stopped, but was, and therefore should never have occurred

7   I don't know what the 2:1 thing is but I probably would disagree anyway

Other than that, I think you are spot on!

Facts ... the stats below speak for themselves. How on earth you guys won this game is beyond me ... but your guys pulled it out, so kudos to your guys for holding on for dear life and making the crucial plays that counted when they did. Your guys won on the scoreboard ... and that's all that matters.  East DOMINATED the game, that's obvious from the statistics. Your guys got the 'W'.

From the Commercial Appeal:

TSSAA CLASS 5A SECOND ROUND

At Henry Co.

HENRY CO. 17, EAST 14

East / 0 / 0 / 7 / 7—14

Henry Co. / 3 / 14 / 0 / 0—17

HC — Bryan Rammel 20 FG

HC — Brandon Donaldson 15 pass from Colton Randolph (Bryan Rammel kick)

HC — Dennis Tharpe 27 interception return (Bryan Rammel kick)

E — Daniel Franklin 35 pass from Marvellous Jackson (Timothy Taylor kick)

E — Eric Banks 1 run (Timothy Taylor kick)

E / HC

First downs / 24 / 9

Net yards rushing / 171 / 153

Net yards passing / 194 / 17

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING — East, DeVante Turner 26-149. Henry Co., Chase Henderson 13-76.

PASSING — East, Eric Banks 8-18-86-2, Marvellous Jackson 6-15-85-0. Henry Co., Colton Randolph 2-4-17-0.

RECEIVING — East, Teddrick McGhee 5-59.

RECORDS — East 9-3, Henry Co. 12-0.

Like I said ... Ridgeway's 'D' isn't as good as East's. East's 'O' isn't as good as Ridgeway's. Also, I don't think Braxton throws 4 INT's this time either.

Like I said ... Ridgeway's 'D' isn't as good as East's. East's 'O' isn't as good as Ridgeway's. Also, I don't think Braxton throws 4 INT's this time either.

After having all of our tailbacks injured for the last four games, being healthy this week, and our D performing the way I expect them too, I don't see any reason why our Defensive performance won't be as good as or better than our previous outing. I'm only hoping that our Offense can get back in gear and make it happen. East's D was by far the best we've seen. Remember, the last time it was 32-14 with 10 seconds to go in the game. I expect our offense to come out and prove something after last week. And our D is going to be the Red Swarm that they are supposed to be. I hope the weather holds out so we can have a huge crowd!

East is better than Ridgeway. Melrose was not that good this year so HC definitely had the better warmup. Ridgeway QB is good but you guys already know that....whitehaven had a shoot out with ridgeway this year but that's misleading because whitehaven was actually down this year...HC will have to play poorly to lose this one.

Ridgeway has a very good running game now compared to the beginning of the season. They can throw all day but they have two blazers in the backfield who have been putting up big numbers the past couple weeks. Not sure how the D will hold up but I believe they will put some points on the board. If Henry Co doesnt bring its A+ game and this turns into a shoutout I think Ridgeway will win.

Ridgeway has a very good running game now compared to the beginning of the season. They can throw all day but they have two blazers in the backfield who have been putting up big numbers the past couple weeks. Not sure how the D will hold up but I believe they will put some points on the board. If Henry Co doesnt bring its A+ game and this turns into a shoutout I think Ridgeway will win.

Heard their main back went down last week, knee injury. Hate to hear that about any player. But also heard that the backup put a good deal of yards on Melrose. I am confident that we can stop the run enough and keep their points low. I am sure they are improved since game 4, but then again so are the Patriots.

After watching the highlights on their website, their running game does look improved. One thing I noticed was they get a lot of turnovers. I think we only had one the first time we played them. So we have to protect the ball. Another thing I noticed is they get tons of pressure. Our offensive line has to play better than they did in the second half against East. One thing I noticed the first time we played them is when they sent people in motion we were confused. I believe our coaching staff will fix that issue this game. Playing a team twice always makes me nervous. Let's go out there and play smart, fundamental football.

I think it will be interesting to see what Ridgeway does after seeing the East film. I'm sure they are looking for a blueprint to stop the Patriot attack. However, I don't personally feel that the Roadrunners have the same kind of D-linemen or LB's to make it happen. patriot04, you are right in that our O-line has to do better this week. But to their defense, the East D coach was a gambling man. Sending the house one way or the other at key times and we simply couldn't keep them out of the backfield. Had the play been to the other side on those stunts, might have been a 5-10 yd gain. But nonetheless, East had a knack for callilng stunts that were right on target! Even so, we have to plug the holes long enough to let the play develop and get yardage. I too get a little nervous about playing a team twice. Felt that way about Kenwood but was very pleased with our outcome stepping up and shutting down their QB. I hope we do the same this week, realize that Ridgeway is better and different than they were in week 3 and make adjustments to shut them down again. I would love to see some more picks by the DB's this week!

And on a side note, heard Coach Counce on the radio last night 96.5 talking about Henry County tradition and preperation for the game. Great show and great interview!

Go Big RED!!!

Saw the R'way - Melrose game the other night and was quite impressed with R'way. Offensively they mix run and pass very well..about 50-50. Will run their offense out of multiple sets. Patriots will need to spend extra defensive time preparing for multiple formations to have everything covered.   Defensively they have improved signifiantly over the latter part of the season. Was impressed when the #2 TB stepped in for the starter and didn't miss a beat. Kicking game leaves a lot to be desired but offensively these folks can roll. If R'way doesn't turn the ball over...in my opinion, 12 - 0 HC goes down in flames!
Winner - Ridgeway!