Henry County vs. Ridgeway- Round 3

MSURacer

visionaire,

In what context were you using the term "flame out"?

Sincerely,

FO

Don't get me wrong. In no way was I being disrespectful with respect to the coaching abilities of the staff (in fact they are quite impressive...You don't win close ballgames with coaches that don't know how to win!) Been familiar with James Counce for quite a long time and have nothing but the greatest respect for him..Guarantee you that nobody waa happier for James when HC won the State a couple of years back. He had been so close several times and something would always happen.Glad he got that one have such a long and storied career. Coaches don't win ball games by themselves! You can be the greatest coach on the planet but you;ve got to have a great supporting cast. i.e. Assistants and good players! Obviously you have the complete package! NOW...Don't base your opinion of this matchu[ based on the first game..R'way is considerably better on defense and offensively they will move the ball on anybody. I didn't go into shock when I looked at HC's schedule and noticed that this team did not dominate like the State Championship eras. I vividly remember Teague, the big fullback, and the other players. In fact HC had much closer games that I expected throughout the year. East coming up and dominating HC was someone of a suprise for a #1 ranked team. As for the weather, generally the larger team is the one with the advantage, however I don't think this will be the case Friday. Ridgeway is a much better team and determing the conditions will not hesitate to throw 7 or 8 in the box. Rain will not do much to help throw over a bunched "box"! Rain, wet balls, wet field, wind are factors neither team can control. I do think that unless R'way loses the battle of turnovers they win. *Kicking game could also play a huge role...with one team gaining field advantages (taking over offensively with short fields) extra points, field goals, punts and kickoffs. May be wrong...Sticking with my original pick'..R'Way wins this one.

Oh..I forgot to define the term"flame out" in the context in which it was meant..  HC has been ranked #1 state wide for the majority of the season. I think the star (exceptional record that has burned so brightly for the year burns out in the "quarters!) Good luck to both teams..Remember I have just been stating an opinio!

Edited by visionaire

Don't get me wrong. In no way was I being disrespectful with respect to the coaching abilities of the staff (in fact they are quite impressive...You don't win close ballgames with coaches that don't know how to win!) Been familiar with James Counce for quite a long time and have nothing but the greatest respect for him..Guarantee you that nobody waa happier for James when HC won the State a couple of years back. He had been so close several times and something would always happen.Glad he got that one have such a long and storied career. Coaches don't win ball games by themselves! You can be the greatest coach on the planet but you;ve got to have a great supporting cast. i.e. Assistants and good players! Obviously you have the complete package! NOW...Don't base your opinion of this matchu[ based on the first game..R'way is considerably better on defense and offensively they will move the ball on anybody. I didn't go into shock when I looked at HC's schedule and noticed that this team did not dominate like the State Championship eras. I vividly remember Teague, the big fullback, and the other players. In fact HC had much closer games that I expected throughout the year. East coming up and dominating HC was someone of a suprise for a #1 ranked team. As for the weather, generally the larger team is the one with the advantage, however I don't think this will be the case Friday. Ridgeway is a much better team and determing the conditions will not hesitate to throw 7 or 8 in the box. Rain will not do much to help throw over a bunched "box"! Rain, wet balls, wet field, wind are factors neither team can control. I do think that unless R'way loses the battle of turnovers they win. *Kicking game could also play a huge role...with one team gaining field advantages (taking over offensively with short fields) extra points, field goals, punts and kickoffs. May be wrong...Sticking with my original pick'..R'Way wins this one.

Oh..I forgot to define the term"flame out" in the context in which it was meant..  HC has been ranked #1 state wide for the majority of the season. I think the star (exceptional record that has burned so brightly for the year burns out in the "quarters!) Good luck to both teams..Remember I have just been stating an opinio

Come again?

A couple of things amaze me when reading this thread.

First, ridgeway finished 5-5 and HC 10-0. East beat ridgeway by the same score pretty much that HC did and was hailed by a few posters as the best team in Memphis. HC beats them but is somehow still the underdog to a team who found a way to lose 5 ball games this year??? Puzzling.

Second, you guys seem to omit the fact that every year ridgeway is in this position with more talent than the teams they play in the playoffs but always lose. Hendersonville,HC, north side, and the list goes on. Wonder why things all of sudden seem different this year??? Puzzling.

Lastly, HC record against Memphis teams in the playoffs over the lady 10 years is absolutely impeccable. Undefeated at home over the years with only 2 losses on the road at melrose in 05 and Hamilton last year.

Ridgeway I'm sure has improved, but prolly so has HC. The fact that y'all just dismiss HC like you do is just downright disrespectful, especially after they already beat ridgeway this year, but hey what do I know. Good luck

• Upvote 1

Henry County wins! Ridgeway has the "Achilles" problem. Same problem they have every year.

Henry County wins, Ridgeway has no clue to the problem. I am not going to touch it either.

Henry County knows how to welcome the visiting team. They know how to bar-b-que, and smoke you out during the warm up. There is no play clock, no PA, and they sing their Alma-mater first! Before the National Anthem! You are going to be so confused in Paris, TN. Henry County will beat you, and then they will whip you. Check your vehicles after the game, lots of problems in the fields where they park you. I am just say in'.......you might not like them, but it's their place.

Henry County wins! Ridgeway has the "Achilles" problem. Same problem they have every year.

Henry County wins, Ridgeway has no clue to the problem. I am not going to touch it either.

Henry County knows how to welcome the visiting team. They know how to bar-b-que, and smoke you out during the warm up. There is no play clock, no PA, and they sing their Alma-mater first! Before the National Anthem! You are going to be so confused in Paris, TN. Henry County will beat you, and then they will whip you. Check your vehicles after the game, lots of problems in the fields where they park you. I am just say in'.......you might not like them, but it's their place.

Go home commando, your drunk.

Go home commando, your drunk.

Facts:

1   Henry County knows how to welcome the visiting team

2   Henry County knows how to barbeque

3   Smoke out during warmup depends upon wind direction

4   There are no parking "fields", only paved lots with no "problems"

5   The Code for the National Anthem of the United States of America, adopted by the National Anthem Committee, April 2, 1942, does not specify the Star Spangled Banner must be performed first, only that it is done customarily so, except at Henry County Football Games

6   There is a perfectly functioning play clock

7   The Patriot Coaching Staff establishes wind direction before each home game and again at half time

8   There is a Public Announcer and public address system.  The former (farmer?) is the best in the State

9   Heisman1's post is brilliant in it's accuracy and simplicity

Edited by FactsOnly

Facts only,

Don't know where I'm losing you. Let's try this again..I recognize HC is very good and has played very well..however, they are not the DOMINANT team I remember from the past. A 2 point win over Rossview, 4 point win over Clarksville NE, a 3 point win over Memphis East where they were completely DOMINATED, and a 10 point win over Ridgeway back on September 13 hardly  leaves one quaking in their boots. HC can be beat!!! East showed that last week. In fact looking at the statistics it is incredible that HC even won. R;way is another threat and one that I think will overcome the Barbeque, horn blowing, tailgating ect. and step on the field as contenders and leave as winners. Remember it happens every Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

Henry County still wins!

As for the Henry County experience: The fields where we were directed to park were grass and not paved. There was no functioning PA system on the visitors side of the field. I never said anything about an announcer, because he was not heard on the visitors side. The wires must have been cut/loose or down. I can understand the Home Crowd not knowing about this issue, because everything functioned on their side of the field. (Including their awesome team).

Most places give respect to the National Anthem first. But then this is "Paris", TN. The High School Alma Mater is much more appealing.

I can't make this up: everything in this and my previous post is how it is, was, and will be!

Ridgeway has an "Achilles" they don't recognize, Henry County will whip them!

HC knows how to BBQ! Whether the "Smoke out" during pre- game was planned or by accident, it was affective.

No disrespect to HC. I believe they are the next 5A Champions. They are the best Team in the West, and this will soon expand to the Middle, and the East when they win the 5A title.

Perception is reality, and no disrespect is implied.

I am home! The coffee is good.

I like my name, it doesn't mean I am one. I am not hendersonville.

Edited by Commando

Facts only,

Don't know where I'm losing you. Let's try this again..I recognize HC is very good and has played very well..however, they are not the DOMINANT team I remember from the past. A 2 point win over Rossview, 4 point win over Clarksville NE, a 3 point win over Memphis East where they were completely DOMINATED, and a 10 point win over Ridgeway back on September 13 hardly  leaves one quaking in their boots. HC can be beat!!! East showed that last week. In fact looking at the statistics it is incredible that HC even won. R;way is another threat and one that I think will overcome the Barbeque, horn blowing, tailgating ect. and step on the field as contenders and leave as winners. Remember it happens every Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

I think I am losing you because I never said anything you are contesting.

However,

1   Rossview is a much improved 6A team we played in the rain

2   Northeast is in the 3rd round of the playoffs and will probably be a semifinalist

3   Memphis East has the best defense we've seen since Powell 2011, but better

4   Ridgeway is Ridgeway, good every year

The fact that we have victories over these four teams this year is a testament to our strength, not our lack of dominance.

Hornblowing, barbeque, and tailgating are to be enjoyed, not overcome.

Finally, everyone wants to talk about all but one of the statistics against East.  Do you know which that is?  I'm not referring to the score.

Henry County still wins!

As for the Henry County experience: The fields where we were directed to park were grass and not paved. There was no functioning PA system on the visitors side of the field. I never said anything about an announcer, because he was not heard on the visitors side. The wires must have been cut/loose or down. I can understand the Home Crowd not knowing about this issue, because everything functioned on their side of the field. (Including their awesome team).

Most places give respect to the National Anthem first. But then this is "Paris", TN. The High School Alma Mater is much more appealing.

I can't make this up: everything in this and my previous post is how it is, was, and will be!

Ridgeway has an "Achilles" they don't recognize, Henry County will whip them!

HC knows how to BBQ! Whether the "Smoke out" during pre- game was planned or by accident, it was affective.

No disrespect to HC. I believe they are the next 5A Champions. They are the best Team in the West, and this will soon expand to the Middle, and the East when they win the 5A title.

Perception is reality, and no disrespect is implied.

I am home! The coffee is good.

I like my name, it doesn't mean I am one. I am not hendersonville.

Y'all come back now, ya hear?  (there are no fields)