Knox Catholic @ Hixson

Allenboy16

Good game between two solid teams. Great season Hixson. Thank you Coach Fitzgerald for taking this program to new highs. Good luck Catholic at Fulton.

Why do you think the coach went for 2 instead of the overtime? After the game I saw (and heard) some very angry and upset Hixson football players who couldn't understand it either.

A lot of good games played last night. Hixson did better than I thought they would. EH went down to Cleveland, Silverdale and ND lost along with

Marion County. The season was exciting and now we get ready for next year. Once gain though no Chattanooga team into the semis.

Edited by Pounder1

Why do you think the coach went for 2 instead of the overtime? After the game I saw (and heard) some very angry and upset Hixson football players who couldn't understand it either.

I think there are a couple valid reason he went for 2. 1st our kicker has missed about 70% of his pat's this year. Although he has improved over this season, I'm not sure I would have went that way either. Second, we have lived on our o-line and run game all year and for the most part, it has worked for us. The bottom line is if we had went for 1 and it was blocked(again), people would have said that was the wrong decision too. Fitzgerald and his staff have made great strides as far as the Hixson program is concerned. I think they have things going in the right direction. I wish them all the luck for the years to come.

I think there are a couple valid reason he went for 2. 1st our kicker has missed about 70% of his pat's this year. Although he has improved over this season, I'm not sure I would have went that way either. Second, we have lived on our o-line and run game all year and for the most part, it has worked for us. The bottom line is if we had went for 1 and it was blocked(again), people would have said that was the wrong decision too. Fitzgerald and his staff have made great strides as far as the Hixson program is concerned. I think they have things going in the right direction. I wish them all the luck for the years to come.

Yeap I agree. We had momentum at that time and if we convert the 2 pt play it's looks like a great call. At same time we try to kick it and it gets blocked or just straight up missed then it looks bad anyway. It was not a good situation all round unless they got the 2 pt conversion. Catholic had a very good fourth quarter too and I think that played into it too. Because if we do go for PAT and it's tied at the end of the game, playing in overtime would have favored Catholic just by the way they were playing.

Fumbles killed us once again. pretty much every lose we this year we didn't do a good job of hanging on to the football.

Again it was the best season in program history. Before Coach Fitzgerald came this program had very little success, but things are looking up and I can wait to see what we can do next year.

Edited by ChattanoogaFBFan

Yeap I agree. We had momentum at that time and if we convert the 2 pt play it's looks like a great call. At same time we try to kick it and it gets blocked or just straight up missed then it looks bad anyway. It was not a good situation all round unless they got the 2 pt conversion. Catholic had a very good fourth quarter too and I think that played into it too. Because if we do go for PAT and it's tied at the end of the game, playing in overtime would have favored Catholic just by the way they were playing.

Fumbles killed us once again pretty much every lose we this year didn't do a good job of hanging on to the football.

Again it was the best season in program history. Before Coach Fitzgerald came this program had very little success, but things are looking up and I can wait to see what we can do next year.

Great season for the Wildcats.  Congratulations.

Them northern Catholics don't make many mistakes.

I hope they go Division II when ND does.  :rolleyes:

Good game between two solid teams. Great season Hixson. Thank you Coach Fitzgerald for taking this program to new highs. Good luck Catholic at Fulton.

Congrats to Hixon on a great season and when Sequoyah played them 2 weeks ago , you could definitely tell they were well coached. What impressed me was that the Hixon coach left his victory celebration and walked across to the far end of the field to congratulate my nephew on his senior season because of the film he had seen, I thought that showed class and his effort was appreciated.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to Hixon on a great season and when Sequoyah played them 2 weeks ago , you could definitely tell they were well coached. What impressed me was that the Hixon coach left his victory celebration and walked across to the far end of the field to congratulate my nephew on his senior season because of the film he had seen, I thought that showed class and his effort was appreciated.

I agree, Hixson has a good coach and should try and keep him around. Good job Wildcats. Love it when any Nooga teams are doing well!