CAK @ Alcoa (round 2)

BCsportsfan

Pleasantly surprised to see the Warriors in Round 3.  Some gritty play down the stretch, good coaching and some fortunate seeding has allowed CAK to get further than I expected.  Once again, for the umpteenth time, these 2 teams will meet for a 2nd time in the same season.  And once again someone will get eliminated by the same team that has eliminated them in the past.  In fact, since CAK moved up from the old Single A and into the same district with Alcoa, has anyone eliminated either team from the playoffs other than Alcoa or CAK???  

As far as this game goes, I expect Alcoa to win.  CAK can be happy about regrouping after a disastrous stretch in the middle of the season, but realistically the Warriors just aren't ready to challenge the Tornadoes IMHO.  I want to see if we can improve on the last meeting between these teams, thats really all I am looking for.   Now if Alcoa comes out flat, or makes a lot of turnovers and penalties, then maybe CAK can make a game of it.  Good luck to both teams for an injury free and hard fought game.

• Upvote 1

Pleasantly surprised to see the Warriors in Round 3.  Some gritty play down the stretch, good coaching and some fortunate seeding has allowed CAK to get further than I expected.  Once again, for the umpteenth time, these 2 teams will meet for a 2nd time in the same season.  And once again someone will get eliminated by the same team that has eliminated them in the past.  In fact, since CAK moved up from the old Single A and into the same district with Alcoa, has anyone eliminated either team from the playoffs other than Alcoa or CAK???  

As far as this game goes, I expect Alcoa to win.  CAK can be happy about regrouping after a disastrous stretch in the middle of the season, but realistically the Warriors just aren't ready to challenge the Tornadoes IMHO.  I want to see if we can improve on the last meeting between these teams, thats really all I am looking for.   Now if Alcoa comes out flat, or makes a lot of turnovers and penalties, then maybe CAK can make a game of it.  Good luck to both teams for an injury free and hard fought game.

I love it!  Lie in the weeds and hope they expect it to be easy like Week 8.  It's not the same 2-6 team that started the year.  Alcoa cannot take them lightly or they'll get knocked off yet again by a CAK team that can put up points in bunches offensively. 

I love it!  Lie in the weeds and hope they expect it to be easy like Week 8.  It's not the same 2-6 team that started the year.  Alcoa cannot take them lightly or they'll get knocked off yet again by a CAK team that can put up points in bunches offensively. 

I know all in the Alcoa community knew if CAK made the playoffs,they would make a deep run and be back for a rematch. The Alcoa Coaches have been practicing and prepping for this match-up for weeks. Like in years past, Alcoa's toughest games were typically CAK. And the last two years I would think CAK would say Alcoa was their toughest game to the Championship. It is these games that has made Alcoa and CAK better. Alcoa will not face a better passing team than CAK and Maryville. CAK will not typically face a better physical style running attack than Alcoa.

I just wish the two teams could be "thrown" to opposite sides of the state in the playoffs! CAK would give the west side of the bracket "fits". And,......my money would be on CAK to make it to Cookeville. 

So..........Howdy, Sorry no ambush this year, or ever when these two teams stand on the same football field!

Oct. 18, 2013    at Alcoa 51 CAK 17

Nov. 16, 2012    at Alcoa 36 CAK 38

Oct. 25, 2012    at Alcoa 31 CAK 28

Nov. 18, 2011    at CAK 38 Alcoa 37

Oct. 28, 2011    at CAK 24 Alcoa 14

Nov. 19, 2010    at Alcoa 14 CAK 3

Oct. 28, 2010    at Alcoa 50 CAK 33

Nov. 13, 2009    at Alcoa 31 CAK 10

Oct. 30, 2009    at CAK 7 Alcoa 24

Nov. 14, 2008    at Alcoa 28 CAK 14

Oct. 10, 2008    at CAK 7 Alcoa 28

Nov. 16, 2007    at Alcoa 56 CAK 21

Oct. 12, 2007    at Alcoa 38 CAK 21

Nov. 10, 2006    at Alcoa 50 CAK 7

Sep. 1, 2006    at CAK 0 Alcoa 42

Nov. 11, 2005    at Alcoa 49 CAK 14

Sep. 2, 2005    at Alcoa 56 CAK 7

Edited by Jet Pride

Oct. 18, 2013    at Alcoa 51 CAK 17

Nov. 16, 2012    at Alcoa 36 CAK 38

Oct. 25, 2012    at Alcoa 31 CAK 28

Nov. 18, 2011    at CAK 38 Alcoa 37

Oct. 28, 2011    at CAK 24 Alcoa 14

Nov. 19, 2010    at Alcoa 14 CAK 3

Oct. 28, 2010    at Alcoa 50 CAK 33

Nov. 13, 2009    at Alcoa 31 CAK 10

Oct. 30, 2009    at CAK 7 Alcoa 24

Nov. 14, 2008    at Alcoa 28 CAK 14

Oct. 10, 2008    at CAK 7 Alcoa 28

Nov. 16, 2007    at Alcoa 56 CAK 21

Oct. 12, 2007    at Alcoa 38 CAK 21

Nov. 10, 2006    at Alcoa 50 CAK 7

Sep. 1, 2006    at CAK 0 Alcoa 42

Nov. 11, 2005    at Alcoa 49 CAK 14

Sep. 2, 2005    at Alcoa 56 CAK 7

Hmm...not as many blow-outs as I thought there had been.  Several...but probably not as many as a lot of teams have suffered at the hands of the Tornadoes.