Mitchell vs.TCA (no trolls please)

duckman38201

Viking, you have a great point but I would like to defend our defense. One TD was off of an interception and Peabody only had to go 20 yards for a score. Another TD came from a 90 yard KO return. I understand defending the KO returns is part of defense but that's not my point here. In the regular set defense TCA gave up 30 points which is certainly a lot and by no means dominating but we have to give a lot of credit to Peabody for the talent and the execution of their offense. We surprisingly stopped their run but they hurt us with the short passes. Nobody has mentioned all year that Adamsvile's lowest scoring game was against TCA and we all know Adamsville has big play potential and is extremely talented. TCA has not played lights out on defense but they have made key stops throughout the year and with a prolific offense like we have that is all you need in some games. I agree TCA will need to play better in order to defeat Mitchell but I think our defense sometimes gets a bad rap. Another thing to think about is that our offense is not on the field very long. They score so quickly it forces our defense back on the field and we have 5 or 6 going both ways which is tough. I think they sometimes are not tackling well due to fatigue. Your point is well taken. Thanks for the vote because 90% of posters have picked Mitchell. They may be right and we like being the underdogs!

I Agree With You 100%, I'm Always Going For The Teams In Our Little Area Of Tennessee. Hope It All Goes In The Favor Of TCA And Hope For An Injury Free Game. Good Luck Lions.

Speaking of rain would TSSAA ever reschedule this Fridays games. My immediate answer would be of course not, it's Football. It is done during the regular season , why not, it's unsafe to travel etc...Heck the NFL even delayed Bears game this past week.

The reason why the Bears game was in a delay was due to lightning.

According to weather.com, the rain on Friday will began about 1 AM (50%) and will end about 4 PM (60%). The heaviest amount of rain, based on percentage will occur about 1-3 PM where it will be about 80%.

But its football, when we were young we always love to play backyard football in the mud and get dirty right?

The only reason why the TSSAA will canceled the game is due to money, since they get 1/2 of the gate money. 

Besides, let the kids play the game in the rain, they're going to get dirty and be sweaty boys anyway.

What state was that ?

State of shock for you I suppose. A few facts: McKenzie's schedule was rated the toughest class 2A (playoffs) schedule in Tennesse. One other poll rated it 2nd toughest. McKenzie ended the regular season ranked in the top 25 in 1A mainly due to record). 9 of the 10 Rebel opponents made the playoffs. The Rebels were only blown out one time and were in all the other games.......a couple at least we definitely should have won. Heck, your bunch didn't even manhandle us as you wish to think apparently. But then we all do admit that we should have played better so we've not made excuses. Just the facts.

AND just for giggles, there is a 2-8 team in east TN that did make the playoffs in 2A. I suppose you think that's fair to a bunch of other better teams across the state.

• Upvote 1

Ok Folks, the rain is almost here.  It appears it will be raining throughout the game although it may be light rain later in the game.  In my opinion, this is going to change the game completely.  I know TCA has a strong running game especially with Goldsmith being able to carry defenders three to four yards.  It's hard to tell what Mitchell has in regards to the run game because they pass so much.  One would assume with their athleticism they probably have a pretty good run game as well.  I think this also changes the kicking game.  I'm not sure Mitchell will have an advantage with the field being slick and footing an issue.  I think it will still be close but a little lower scoring.  I'm going to go with TCA winning 30-28. I do know that TCA will be well prepared.  I warned them about the band!!  My Huntington friends are still talking about that band!  I may do a haftime dance if it's that good!  If I did that Mitchell might get scared and leave! lol  I might get old Reitzfan to come out and do a dance with me if those drums get to rolling!

Ok Folks, the rain is almost here.  It appears it will be raining throughout the game although it may be light rain later in the game.  In my opinion, this is going to change the game completely.  I know TCA has a strong running game especially with Goldsmith being able to carry defenders three to four yards.  It's hard to tell what Mitchell has in regards to the run game because they pass so much.  One would assume with their athleticism they probably have a pretty good run game as well.  I think this also changes the kicking game.  I'm not sure Mitchell will have an advantage with the field being slick and footing an issue.  I think it will still be close but a little lower scoring.  I'm going to go with TCA winning 30-28. I do know that TCA will be well prepared.  I warned them about the band!!  My Huntington friends are still talking about that band!  I may do a haftime dance if it's that good!  If I did that Mitchell might get scared and leave! lol  I might get old Reitzfan to come out and do a dance with me if those drums get to rolling!

You will get to hear those drums all night. I promise you they will be entertaining (the whole band actually). The thought of ReitzFan dancing is a little scary though. Maybe Diamond Dave can keep him in the pressbox. LOL My Reb els have played both Mitchell and Manassas more than once and their bands are a show to see I promise you.

The wet weather could tilt the odds to TCA but I know better than to count Mitchell as an underdog. This game would be a memory to watch on a dry field but I'm thinking that Mitchell will not be defenseless even on a wet field.

• Upvote 1

I have been reading this thread and it has been a good one. I really know nothing about Mitchell, but I have seen TCA a couple times. With this rain moving in for the game we know it will negate the passing game for the most part. What will this do to TCA running game with no pass to set it up? I know usually it is the run to set up the pass, but with Akin back there slinging it around the way he does I believe it is reverse. I could be way off on this. I could ask the same for Mitchell here. Let's hear the breakdown. I'm interested.